Author Topic: Words Gone Wrong  (Read 3312 times)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Words Gone Wrong
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2003, 09:01:00 AM »
On 2003-05-28 22:45:00, JDavid wrote:

"Morli, from what I read about your family, they really do suck.  It's really sad that you got stuck with those people by birth, especially your mom.  I hope ya don't mind me insulting them too.  I'm just wanting to say I think you're right!

"

"I hope ya don't mind me insulting them too."  - Not at all!! :wave:
lol.....Thanks Dave. :wink:  
You know, the family I have today makes all that just a distant bad dream. After I get married I'll have two new sisters and one new brother.(and their kids) Not to mention a Mom and Dad that are wonderful. I tell Jon how lucky he is all the time.(he knows though) I'll get some pictures up soon. I look forward to putting wedding pics up too. I really have come full circle. I'm older than his oldest sister -hee hee
Morli
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Words Gone Wrong
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2003, 09:27:00 AM »
What about the COC?

On another note:

To this day asking me "What's wrong?" is a guaranteed sure fire way to get your head bitten off. It's a conditioned response. I hear those words and all I see is poor schlock after poor schlock being bitched at and set back regardless of if the schlock being put to the question had done anything or not.

It's like I'm Pavlov's phaser or something....

CL

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Words Gone Wrong
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »
On 2003-05-29 04:10:00, JDavid wrote:

"

One of the other rules was empathy and sensitivity.

Straightlings and those who ran it sure broke that rule.  It was more like "no empathy or sensitivity will be tolerated".

"

Worse than that. It was a directive to do something proactive, which translated loosly to "Pretend, even to yourself, that you can read minds and assign the only acceptable emotional response." And, btw, the rest of Group and even the parents are following this rule. Believe it!

Locate the blind spot in the culture--the place where the culture isn't looking, because it dare not--because if it were to look there, its previous values would dissolve.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1561769118/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Terence McKenna

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Words Gone Wrong
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2003, 03:46:00 AM »
To this day asking me "What's wrong?" is a guaranteed sure fire way to get your head bitten off. It's a conditioned response

The question that aggravates me is "What's going on with you?"

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Words Gone Wrong
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »
Well Don, that's pretty much right on target. People in the "real world" can give bullshit answers when questioned, without even thinking twice. For me, it's like, no matter how much I want to bullshit someone, I can't. Like some kind of disease or something. I call it the curse of the "honesty syndrome". A good example is when recycling monitors, people think they all get shredded up and dispersed to various markets as several different commodities. In actuality, they are shipped overseas and mined for copper, then dumped in rivers, oceans etc... So when someone asks me what happens to the monitors, I tell them they get dumped overseas. This creates many problems in my recycling business, as people are told one thing by the professional bullshitters and another by me. Hmmm, I hate that. I'd love to just play along with the rest of the world, but somehow, it's just not possible. Also, when a customer comes over with some stuff to recycle, I HAVE TO show them everything that happens here. I cannot just say, thanks and they are on their way. What should take 2 minutes for them dropping off a load of PCs takes a half hour. Oh well, nuff said.  :smokin: