Author Topic: How did your family come across CEDU?  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
How did your family come across CEDU?
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:11:05 AM »
For those of you who were sent to CEDU before the internet really took off, how was it that your parents discovered CEDU and decided to send you there?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:24:22 AM »
...and once they did come across it, did they politely apologize and wipe it off?  :P

Since you and I discussed my answer already, I thought I'd kick this thread off by contributing something lurid and pointless.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:52:47 AM »
an educational consultant in Richmond Virginia sent me and some other peeps.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 02:45:23 PM »
Our family counselor saw the lovelybrochure and recommended this fine, therapeutic academic program. It turned out to be none of those adjectives.
hanlea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 06:50:49 PM »
His name was either Jonathan or Robert Ulsh.

I would like to personally kick the living shit out of that asshole.

He lied to me so bad concerning Cedu.

Told me I would be Skiing, rock climbing, plays/operas - so basically culture, he made it sound like a freakin country club. Kept telling me "You're going to love it." Part of me was bummed but sayng "How bad could this be?"

He was on the take from Cedu (As I later came to find out) and sent me to a school my parents could not even come close to afford.
But they tried because they were so caught up in the Cedu bullshit.
Last I heard he was a headmaster for a Cedu clone school in Arizona.

I got there on a Thursday, had my hair cut, had all my clothes taken away, strip searched, saw guys cuddling, cut fucking wood Friday morning, and had my first rap that afternoon.
I IMMEDIATELY knew I was up shit's creek and something was not right.

I split for the first of many adventures the next day...

Offline mad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 07:18:15 AM »
I went to RMA.  My mom had heard about the school from a friend-of-the-family who sent his daughter there in the 1980s.  She had been in the first peer group.
n the road of experience...

Offline Rugby Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 01:01:48 AM »
I got the whole resort/country club sell, too, for Cedu.
When you're a kid in the Midwest and you hear about a school in So-Cal, you figure, hey it could be worse. I get to see palm trees and kick it on the beach. I was pretty pissed to find out how long a drive it was to the beach from Running Springs.

One of my first run ins while touring my new home was with my former cokehead roommate at an old boarding school. He and his friends ripped on me and how poor I was (I was there on a scholarship) and fucked with and stole all my shit.
Man, I was bumming hard. He tried to convince me later that he'd changed since coming to Cedu, but he didn't really.
he Fog of Cedu RS 89-91

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »
educational consultants...mwa ha ha...they will be the next big genocide victims.

my parents found out because of some dirty little cunt of a bitch who lived in the same town as me and got sent there first. so not only is she indirectly responsible for my ending up at cedu, but she happened to be a filthy little bitch. she deserves to die. cunt.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 10:34:25 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
educational consultants...mwa ha ha...they will be the next big genocide victims.

my parents found out because of some dirty little cunt of a bitch who lived in the same town as me and got sent there first. so not only is she indirectly responsible for my ending up at cedu, but she happened to be a filthy little bitch. she deserves to die. cunt.

:o  :o

You know, that just made me realize something. I REALLY hope I didn't get some poor kid sent to a program when I was still brainwashed and talking about how great it was for about two years after I left.

**screams**

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 12:57:08 AM »
I feel ya, man! I thought it was just those hundred or two self eliminating crack pots. Had I known? Eh, I'd probably be under the prison.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »
The hedmaster at the boarding school I attended recomended it to my parents. We were on the next plane to CA.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 12:48:04 AM »
About a year and a half ago, a good friend of mine's father called me out of the blue. My friend had no idea her father was calling me, but he knew I had gone to CEDU and wanted my opinion...his 16 year old son, who I know to be a complete fuck up, was getting into some serious shit. Cutting high school altogether, multiple arrests, kickin' it with the shadiest crowd possible...I thought I was fuckin' up before I got sent away, but this kid was juvy bound without question. His father wanted to know if I thought CEDU was a good answer for him.

Who knows, maybe I guaranteed this kid a spot in the booty bin or an OD of some sort by saying so, but I said keep him away from that hell hole. Do whatever you can to save the little fucker, but don't send him to that place.

Ok, now to decipher this little puzzle of obscure, sideways letters so I can actually make this post. Damn you, Antigen... are you the ghost of Antigen because someone killed you for implementing these little puzzles? Were you tired of people posting drunk or something so you started utilizing these things to stop them from being able to post? Time to sacrifice my anonymity I guess...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 09:35:35 AM »
Heh, no, it was the spammers.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »
Damn you, Antigen... are you the ghost of Antigen because someone killed you for implementing these little puzzles? Were you tired of people posting drunk or something so you started utilizing these things to stop them from being able to post? Time to sacrifice my anonymity I guess...

Registering a username will not sacrifice your anonymity. You can even select the username "Guest1" or some other number that's not taken. Lots easier and your still anon.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 09:46:41 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Damn you, Antigen... are you the ghost of Antigen because someone killed you for implementing these little puzzles? Were you tired of people posting drunk or something so you started utilizing these things to stop them from being able to post? Time to sacrifice my anonymity I guess...

Registering a username will not sacrifice your anonymity. You can even select the username "Guest1" or some other number that's not taken. Lots easier and your still anon.

Damn! I shouldn't have used the handle "try another castle", then, since that's my real name.

You guys better not look me up in the white pages.