Author Topic: Sopranos Episode  (Read 1619 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Sopranos Episode
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:18:54 AM »
Did any of you catch The Soprano's tonight?

If not I highly recommend you watch it sometime this week. It had a plot element that we're all familiar with.

Last season one of the main characters was outed as being gay, and was subsequently killed for it, leaving behind a wife and two kids.

Since that time (roughly a year) his son who is around 13-14 has begun acting out and getting into varying degrees of trouble. A large part of the boy's problems seem to stem from abuse he receives at school due to the fact that all his peers know his father was gay.

His mother believes a solution might be to move up to Maine as a means of getting the boy away from a bad environment. She approaches Tony for the money but he feels it might be better to try talking to the boy first. He sends a family member to talk to the boy first (incidentally the same person who killed the boys father to begin with) followed up by making a half hearted attempt himself. When both of these attempts fail to produce real results and Tony cannot come up with the money to help her move he places a phone call.

He recommends one of those "tough love" programs out in Idaho. The mother is reluctant because she's heard that kids are abused in such places. Tony reassures her kids are only hit as a last resort. She then says, "I've heard the reason so many of these places are in Utah and Idaho is because there's no regulation and they're allowed to use corporal punishment."

Eventually she relents and a few scenes later we find the boy asleep in his bed only to be awoken by three grown men who grab him and tell him that he's leaving. They grab some clothes for him and man handle him down the stairs. As his mother is in tears they assure her that shes doing the right thing.

A happy ending over all I thought.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Sopranos Episode
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 12:24:21 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Ed is fine

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
S
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »
STFU

Also, I wonder if this story line's gunna be dropped like the desperate housewifes one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: art imitates low life
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 01:59:26 AM »
This show called the Mentalist aired a rerun of an episode that takes place in a wilderness camp.
They really nailed it. A bitchy counselor sends a boy off for two hours in the serenity room for laughing while she was talking and she says “so” when the kid she orders to do push-ups objects “but I didn’t do anything”.
The program director gets called out for being a culty type, and during the course of the murder investigation he gets charged with statutory rape on one of the girls.
Of course, they made the murderer turn out to be a bad kid who doesn't like to be laughed at.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Sopranos Episode
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 03:46:49 AM »
We have a little category on the wiki where behavior modification in media are recorded. Update about shows in this thread will be added.