Author Topic: Split from Apologies thread  (Read 13476 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Split from Apologies thread
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2007, 06:12:24 PM »
I think the thing people need to remember is that all of the kids there were there for a reason, and even if they dont see it now I think eventually theyll understand that they were better off for having gone to HLA.

All of the kids? You're beginning to sound alot like Aften. You remember her don't you? Tell me something else though as well, how do you know we were better off for having gone to HLA?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2007, 10:06:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I suppose you'd rather blame the kids then.  Len is the reason HLA is soooooo fucked up.  His policies, his direction, his breaking the law, his fraud.  Can't wipe that away.

Why would anyone blame the kids? They didn't make the policies or enforce them.

But you all stayed there so your hands are just as dirty. You could have walked away, but you choose to stay. And you can't wipe that away.

Offline you_know

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2007, 06:28:17 AM »
i think that the staff who were good and stayed did so because they really thought that their being there was good for the kids...that in some way they could go around the rules in a way that they could really help some of the kids...and some of the staff really did connect with the students...but in the end, they would get called down because they weren't following whatever rule of the week was supposed to be implemented...so the staff that was actually doing good were either fired or forced to quit...
now that isn't everyone...but i did see some that were like that...
and yes, the rules constantly changed...in the sense of...the big 3 "agreements" were the same (drugs, sex, violence) but what constituted as drugs, sex and violence seemed to be very subjective...especially the violence part...
and what made up a 3 day or a 7 day depended on who caught you and what kind of mood they were in ...that was just a little piece for the students...the staff rules changed constantly...and don't even get started with the parent handbook...you couldn't get a new edition out without having to tell THOSE parents that the book they got was already in need of editing...
when departments or staff were rolling smoothly and things seemed to be working in the machine...BAM! change...len strives on chaos...ask anyone who worked for them...the only thing that was constant was the change...

"I think the thing people need to remember is that all of the kids there were there for a reason, and even if they dont see it now I think eventually theyll understand that they were better off for having gone to HLA."

hmmm...sounds like a staff...wonder if this is fj under guest now??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »
I suppose you'd rather blame the kids then.  Len is the reason HLA is soooooo fucked up.  His policies, his direction, his breaking the law, his fraud.  Can't wipe that away.

Why would anyone blame the kids? They didn't make the policies or enforce them.

But you all stayed there so your hands are just as dirty. You could have walked away, but you choose to stay. And you can't wipe that away.

I don't want to wipe it away.  I did nothing that I regret at HLA.  I still hear from many of the kids I worked with at HLA who thank me for playing a part in helping them.  The only regret that I have is what HLA evolved into because of poor leadership.

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2007, 02:25:45 PM »
I truly think that HLA has a few good employees that are good people, but if you worked at HLA, you know that HLA is not a Democracy. It is a Dictatorship with Bucci calling all the shots and ruining any chance of a good program with his false promises etc. I can see why parents are bringing suit for being misled on many fronts.  :(
ET ER DONE