Author Topic: Dealing with a Silverback  (Read 3121 times)

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Dealing with a Silverback
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Carmel""
Have to share a little secret with you Woof.  

I saw in the OP you mentioned a herniation in your L4-L5.  I am not a certified caveman western medical professional, but I will tell you that nine times out of ten....a herniation around these verts indicates a severely strung "psoas" muscle.  Some 90% of people Ive worked with that have this issue, have nothing more than a really tight psoas, and it can be alleviated with a series of sessions, usually one or two, working with the psoas major, minor and illiacus muscles.  Its really that simple.  I am talking a 100% reversal of any herniation.  No surgery, no drugs, and best of all its mainatinable at a miniscule fraction of the cost of seeing a regular doc for something he will never be able to cure.  A herniation is really simple to alleviate if you can target the cause...usually a combination of postural repetition (work induced mostly) and the resulting muscular dysfunction over a period of time.  

Of course, a solution this simple is in no way as lucrative as ongoing drug therapy and surgey, so you wont find a doctor that will suggest it, or even understands it most of the time.  If you are interested, I highly suggest you find an EXPERIENCED Massage Therapist who works with sports medicine who can do a proper psoas release.  You'll be back in shape in less than 3 weeks, Id bet my right arm on it.  Ive done it over and over and over for people, its hard to imagine such a simple solution....but youd be amazed at what paying actual ATTENTION to our bodies and what they tell us can achieve.

If you have trouble finding someone, I can even walk you through it to do for yourself and/or with another person. Free of charge of course.  PM me and we can chittle chattle on it.  Do a google image search on the psoas and you can get a nice idea of what muscle Im talking about, I can answer any questions you have.

Yeah my uncle and myself both suffer from back problems. He goes to a chiropractor that has done wonders for his back. I just go to sports massage therapist myself. She does... miracles.. heh.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.