Author Topic: TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE  (Read 7319 times)

Offline egypt has pyramids

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2007, 11:36:58 PM »
I wouldn't put it past a facility to tempt the kid into eating with tasty snacks and that sort of thing.

I don't think some programs are going to reward negative behavior. That's not behavior modification.

If you don't eat, you starve. That's behavior modification at the core.

Throw in a healthy dose of shaming, faux love and brainwashing and you just about got a program there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f everybody looked the same we\'d get tired of looking at each other

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2007, 11:43:17 PM »
A runner might try Covenent House in NYC. They don't force you back home.

The closest thing to childline we have is the nineline:
1-800-999-9999.

http://www.nineline.org/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »
run away
never look back
careful not to
leave a track

shower of
colored drops
freedom reigns
down

on those
willing
to take a track
and not look back

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2007, 07:54:35 PM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
I disagree, I can't see Childline ever agreeing to place kids back inot an abusive situation, they certainly wouldn't be blinded by anything they were told, they'd do their research first, they aren't interested in what the parents want, what the government want, they are interested in stopping child abuse

period

No, I think you still don't quite understand. The good people at the timeout house didn't know they were placing me back into an abusive situation. They talked to my older sister, who was sincere as anybody in her willingness to help. So I took the bus ticket, cashed it in and thumbed my way to Newburyport from Youngstown (needed the cash and much preferred hitchhiking anyway... it's just more fun and interesting) That lasted about a week or two, before she felt guilty over making our poor mother worry and finally ratted me out. I could have split from there, but that would have left her holding the bag for serious charges; aiding and abetting a runaway, no drumstick at Thanksgiving, etc. So I willingly got on the plane, switched in Atlanta where my other brother turned up to make sure I couldn't split from the airport. All entirely well intended, as they really didn't understand the danger I was running from either. And I couldn't explain it, not even the rough sketch years later.

The detectives who arrested me at that same brother's house on an extradition order from Florida were perfectly decent, well intended, even kind men. But they had their orders and they followed them.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 10:00:46 PM »
always useful information for runners!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2007, 03:51:55 AM »
1. let goodwilling freinds at home know about your situation, and arange a place to meet, and a signal. once you run away, send the signal and have them pick you up. doesnt get any easier. just make sure they dont drive directly to the school. may also be smart to use a different car for the pickup than for the drive home. get an automated licence plate cover, so you can cover the plates when need be.

2. be a program bitch untill the last second. you have to act very well. let yourself be taken over, allow your mind to be as pliable as play-doh but never, ever, ever forget who you really are. always maintain the ability to snap back to your old self. as said before, reistance breeds suspicion.

3. if you are in a rural or suburban setting, STAY AWAY FROM THE ROADS!!!!!! follow the road, but maintain good distance and cover so that no cars can see you, only use the road as a guide. put at least 20-40 miles between you and the school before you attempt hitchhiking. that much walking shouldnt be much for someone coming out of a wilderness program.  change your appearance first!

4. never take rides from anyone over 30 unless you truly belive they will help you and wont ask questions. older people tend to not care and assume you're just a runaway. aim for college age kids.

5. try to cultivate a relationship with someone not affiliated with the school, but who lives around it. this will help greatly.

6. memorize all important phone, bank, ID, and creditcard numbers.

7. if possible, set up a bank account or safety deposit box in a local bank where it can be acsessed solely with a password or pin, no card or ID. put an extra set of clothes, an ID, money, etc in the box. most banks have this service although they do not advertise it. speak to the manager, you might have to send some money his way but you can most definitely make it happen.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2007, 12:06:35 PM »
This advice will get you arrested. Ignore the above post.
am the metal pig.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""

:question:  ::huh::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2007, 12:43:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""

Abusing children SHOULD get you arrested.  ::phone::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2007, 01:29:38 PM »
Illegal (really not like guests post) Ideas that WORK (proven by recent news stories)

1.HIT STAFF OVER THE HEAD WITH A PAN
Steal their car, and drive home! Can't get much simpler than that.

It works too!

2. STEAL STAFF CAR KEYS
Wait until late at night or early in the morning.
Take the car, drive home!
Simple!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
can';t forget program rioting, that has worked a few times now as well. violence works!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TBS ESCAPERS GUIDE
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »
with the exeption of the license plate cover, nothing in my post is ilegal. sounds shady, but it's all perfectly legal.

Running away from a program, when your under 18, is ilegal enough.

switching cars, safety deposit boxes, smart freindships, smart movement, memorization, how is that illegal?

of course, your freind will get in trouble for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" when they help you escape, but thats kinda a given.

my steps take preparation, but belive me, they work. i know from experience. i've never done it myself, but i helped one of my freinds out...and this is what they did.