Author Topic: I was BRAINWASHED, okay?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« on: April 19, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »
Ever try telling someone about 'the program' and find them looking at you all cross-eyed when you say, "I was brainwashed?" That is so totally annoying and embarrassing. Shhhheeesh! Unless you know the person really well or something, because most people hear brainwashed and are like,  "Uhhhhhh...BULLSHIT okay?" and walk away laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing...Oh! Sorry... ::crybaby::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »
Yeah, I don't really use the term among people who probably wouldn't get it. Instead, I'll sometimes go to the trouble of putting down a couple of paragraphs to draw a comparison with a similar example in the more comonly accepted reality where brainwashing is a common theme but people don't think it exists.

Here's a good, broad run down of how it works in small and constant doses:
http://www.cantrip.org/charles_tart.html

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-- F. P. Jones

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 11:48:00 AM »
How did you guys feel about having to call the parents at the host home Mom and Dad. Just one more way Pathway keeps them in line.  You have to address the staff by Mr. and Mrs. Now they are doing multifamily therapy where a kid gets up and cries in front of 60 people about how he was so bad for not following the rules and was put back to first level from fifth and being there 18 months.  Is this insane, cruel .  Why can this go on for so long?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 02:23:00 PM »
Questions:

1) How did you guys feel about having to call the parents at the host home Mom and Dad. Just one more way Pathway keeps them in line.

2)Now they are doing multifamily therapy where a kid gets up and cries in front of 60 people about how he was so bad for not following the rules and was put back to first level from fifth and being there 18 months. Is this insane, cruel . Why can this go on for so long?"

Answers:

1)All of them do this.

2)Confidentiality and Anonymity, lots of government funding and a shi*load of dumb-a**es with money.

Pretty f-n' sad huh.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »
Sometimes it bothered me if I really couldn't stand the parents. Other times, if the parents were decent people who didn't get off on the abuse, it didn't bother me. But I'm sure it always bothered their real kids. I used to try and take charge of the nukes whenever I could to let my foster sisters spend time alone with their parents or alone with themselves if they wanted to. I never had that sort of attachment to my own mother. But I didn't grudge them theirs, either.

Yeah, the whole thing is a major mind fuck. And the reasons why it's been allowed to go on for so long are very similar to the reasons why the Taliban were allowed to beat women with clubs for letting an ankle show under their burkhas and to behead people in the football stadium for crimes ranging from theft to adultery to drug use.

Drug Free America Foundation = An American Taliban

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »
Pathway is now giving financial incentives for bringing in another kid. Sick!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »
Confidentiality is used with treatment that has nothing to hide. It has to do with that persons identity.  "What we see here, say here stays here' is not confidentiality. It is Pathways' way of silencing everyone about what goes on. When you know in your gut that something is wrong, then it needs to be talked about.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I was BRAINWASHED, okay?
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 09:18:00 PM »
It's the FEAR that keeps them silent. Pretty soon that fear turns into brainwashed acceptance. Years later it still has a way of lingering. Not letting that fear control us is the only way to survive.