Author Topic: Spring Cleaning  (Read 1876 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« on: April 27, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »
I don't know about the  rest of you, but it almost takes an act of congress or God to get me to clean.  I started out by grabbing some grocery bags and just walking around throwing the clutter into them.  I set them out in the front room and then started moving furniture, my guitars, and all the other crap strewn about the living room out to that room.  I scrubbed the carpet of any and all "accidents" that Charo (the vet says Chongo is a girl so I call her Charo now) had left in various spots.  Next came the shower stall.  That damn thing was sporting wildlife of it's own.  I could probably grow an herb garden just on what was stuck between the tiles.  I used the scrub free spray crap and went to work on the toilet while I was waiting for it to disolve the lime and mildew buildup.  After awhile the fumes overcame me and I began hearing voices.  Just kidding!  Actually the building's elevator shaft is on the other side of my bathroom wall.  Back in the 1940's my apartment was a beauty salon.  I scrubbed and mopped the floor next, and finally gained a foothold on the dirt.  As usual, I played music to accompany my work.  I started off with "Mr Lucky" by John Lee Hooker, then played a CD of Frank Zappa's greatest hits, and followed up with Kelley Deal's solo CD "Welcome to the Sugar Altar."  The shower stall still needs some work so next time I am going in with Comet and a toothbrush.  I will begin the assault with "Iggy and the Stooges Live at the Michegan Palace," because it takes heavy-duty music to fight heavy-duty buildup.  I just hope I don't have to break out my Day Glow Abortions before I am done.

All in all, I have this dread of cleaning and I do not know where it comes from.  Can anyone else relate to this?  I guess it stems from the fact that we were not allowed to do housework of any kind while on our earlier phases, then after 4th and 5th phase most of our parents stuck us with all of the housework all at once. I actually got a part time job to get the hell away from the house.  I would clean it, then my step brothers would turn right around and mess stuff up. I got so sick of my efforts ending up a pile of shit that I simply refused to do anything.  Finally, it was decreed that all I was in charge of was the kitchen, dishes, and dining room.  Asshole had to take care of the living room, which meant he just threw everything behind the couch or in the stereo cabinet.  He piled so much shit in it one time that it fell over during an episode of "Hill Street Blues"  that was funny as all hell, because my dad got in on that one.  He had worked a rotating shift as long as I can remember, and my step-brothers were able to pull a lot of shit over on him simply because he was not around that much.  Oh well that is about all I can think of.  You can wake up now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:23:04 PM by 85 Day Jerk »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline chinrse23

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »
You know its bad when you are throwing away dishes because they are too gross to wash.

When the clean clothes become a mixture of dirty clothes/clean clothes and you dont know which is which.

When you think that you keep hearing something and you open your cabinet and a mouse has actually built a nest in your cabinet (cooking is another trauma......its hard to cook with no clean dishes  :grin: ).

When your dog wont even go into your yard because she's afraid of what might be in the grass which is taller than she is.

When you can right your name in the dust that has collected on just about everything.

Obviously, we dont like cleaning either, but it is our mess and I figure if someone doesnt like it--they dont have to come over!

[ This Message was edited by: chinrse23 on 2003-04-27 14:50 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 10:00:00 PM »
Okay, I'm with the slobs too!!
That mixed laundry, do it ALL again,  killed me rose....
How about the kitty box.  If I forget to look at it for 24 hours, my bloated overfed felines explode in the box.  Mind, at hour 23 it is still spotless...
Golden is 15 years old.  He is a 3 foot long Blue and Gold Macaw.  Macaws shit like...well, three foot birds do.  He lives outside. Move the aviary every year or so and there is the new garden spot. when it getws cold and he lives inside, he has mastered the art of shitting sideways, to pay you back for not letting him run loose and unload the dishwasher onto the tile.
KIDS
Mess up everything they touch, are involved with, or forgot about.  You know if ya have 'em.
Spring cleaning my room will require a bulldozer.  The rest of the house is relatively nice.  If you are used to Bhagdad....
Anyway, I wonder how many of us are neatniks or messy?
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 10:25:00 PM »
Wow Bill, I never would have known you have a Macaw.  Mine is a yellow collared.  She will be three in December.  I will have had her 2 years this coming August.  They are messy as hell and love getting into things and knocking things off of shelves and dropping them to the floor.  Charo
will turn upside-down and cuddle like a baby and make snoring sounds whenever I sing "Rock-a-bye Baby.  She absolutely adores pistacchios and will really behave herself if she knows I have some.

One thing that is something to think about..........With all the abuses that we endured in the program we both managed to end up owning the one pet in the world that will wind up insane if it is not shown proper care and love.

We walked in darkness, kept hitting the walls
I took the time to feel for the door
I had been treated, but what the hell for?

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-04-27 19:25 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 11:10:00 PM »
Bob, I think it helps a bit to be a bit insane oneself to own a large bird.  
It sure drives the cats batshit!!!!
Golden is dominate animal.  2x 15 pound cats, and a large Golden Retriever bow for this bird, or get chased by him.  ONCE. Then they dont f**k with the bird for a while.  The cats are jet black and sleep on the birds living room cage, and are secure that Golden won't bite them as long as they are nice.  Errant tails hung in front of bird leads to comical moments.  The dog stays away.  One good fillet'o nose and he had enough!
When I was married, Beth and I had 7 of the damned things at our looniest.  She took the cool female, and Golden stayed with me.
Do you take your's out?  Mine loves to cruise around, but he is leary of strangers, and as you know, macaws grab attention.  He hangs out in my citrus trees...cuts the fruit too.  Bad Bird.  Better than eating the baseboards I guess.
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 11:46:00 PM »
no birds here, just 12 cats, 2 chickens a rabbit, 6 kids and one helluva mess!  :smokin:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »
85DJ says...
" I started off with "Mr Lucky" by John Lee Hooker, then played a CD of Frank Zappa's greatest hits, and followed up with Kelley Deal's solo CD "Welcome to the Sugar Altar." The shower stall still needs some work so next time I am going in with Comet and a toothbrush. I will begin the assault with "Iggy and the Stooges Live at the Michegan Palace," because it takes heavy-duty music to fight heavy-duty buildup. I just hope I don't have to break out my Day Glow Abortions before I am done."

Good cleaning music indeed.

I myself may start out with some T Rex, or the Modern Lovers, perhaps some Velvet Underground, from their box set.(like to pace myself) Followed up by Richard (and the voidoids) Hell or Johnny Thunders, with a Flaming Lips chaser! Never hurts to throw a little Sixteen Deluxe in the mix either. (i love them) However, BB ill communication is prime cleaning tunes too.

And that's just the kitchen!...LOL. I would say I'm a Lazy Neat Freak. I've been slacking lately. Your bird sounds adorable. (Just like on Hawaii 5 0!)  Can I call you DJ?

Morli

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Spring Cleaning
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »
Well, it is a day off for yard and house work.  Whats in Bill's cd changer?
Starting off with Rusted Root, to get the mop swinging at a furious beat.  The Macaw sings with the harmonies.  Its a hoot.  My neighbors can always tell when he likes the music.
Then some Collective soul, gotta be loud too!!
Switching gears, my collection of Jimmy Clift's reggae classics.  Many Rivers to cross and Bongo Man make the bird think he is in the jungle somewhere.  The dog is now hiding under my covers!
Hitting the blase part of cleaning, only one thing will do.

Rock'n roll radio with the RAMONES.
Oh baby, if anyone wrung out his mortality through music harder, without dying in his 20's, I have yet to find it,
RIP Joey.  I think "Beat on the Brat" shall be first today.
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82