Author Topic: Damned Internet, damned cameras.  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Damned Internet, damned cameras.
« on: April 27, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
For years High School students in the Danish town of Silkeborg (like many other Danish High schools) have held a competition about who should have the best tables in the cafeteria. It was just an innocent strip competitions where the teachers were the judges. We are talking of student in their senior year (Aged 17-19).

Suddenly a fool decides to put it on the internet. (Youtube. It has been removed), but this link has some manipulated pictures of the event.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/ ... 293329.ece

Then the public outcry comes from some church-organizations. (Yes. We have them too. They are few, but they exist.) So now the teachers can not be the judges anymore and the competition has to be held outside the school.

Sometimes our old valuable culture are too difficult for people outside Denmark to understand.

* The drawings of .... made noise in the Far East and people started to kill eachother - not Danes - but eachother.

* Then members of the parliament in Denmark said:

1) Scarfs on muslim women are like the Nazi-sign or the hammer and sickle on peoples arms.
2) Women who is wearing scarfs inside should seek professional help for their mental health.

* When we discussed the increased problems with Swedish people getting drunk in Denmark, they were all over us to get us to lower our BAC-limit to 0,02 (Are they serious?) just because people who has grown up in countrys with that limits get drunk when they smell to the skid marks of a truck loaded with milk.

* Now our traditional way of partying on your High Schools are under pressure.

Why can they not understand that we want to keep our way of living so our youth does not need tusind of Ed-cons, because they get ill trying to keep up appearances?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 08:53:19 AM »
LOLs... Are you shitting us? you let your students strip on the tables in the cafeteria???

and you didn't expect someone to complain?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:55:45 AM »
In the second picture on the link they show two naked girls kissing each other while fondling each other's breasts... why can't every high school be like this?

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
Old tradition.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
LOLs... Are you shitting us? you let your students strip on the tables in the cafeteria???

and you didn't expect someone to complain?

Nope. Not a new thing. It has been so for years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 09:18:46 AM »
Again Covergaurd my point stands. Your little raggedy assed country allows public displays of nudity and lewdness and you don't expect someone to complain. Not that I would complain as I would be cheering them on myself, but I can see how others would find it offensive.

Perhaps you are a bit stuck on your culture and need to step outside of it abit. Your reaction is sounding all to familiar, and much like the one I'd expect from the typical "Ugly American" defending his culture, or lack thereof, from some wanker piece of Euro trash.

Now.. where can I get a full clip of these ladies taking it off... I'm thinking prime wank material.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 12:11:17 PM »
Give the guy a break! There is a bit of a language and cultural barrier!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »
Now.. where can I get a full clip of these ladies taking it off... I'm thinking prime wank material.

You can't because they are removed on Youtube. Search on "Silkeborg gym" on google video and you will see the cached material.

In the meantime, new rules have been introduced. A total ban on cameras in any form should take care of the problem. The teachers who was the judges are backed in this matter by the association of High School teachers in Denmark.

The headline of the first article could in fact be translated into "High School strip results in solidarity".

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 03:50:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""

You can't because they are removed on Youtube. Search on "Silkeborg gym" on google video and you will see the cached material.

In the meantime, new rules have been introduced. A total ban on cameras in any form should take care of the problem. The teachers who was the judges are backed in this matter by the association of High School teachers in Denmark.

The headline of the first article could in fact be translated into "High School strip results in solidarity".

I love Europe.  When something like this happens, they ban cameras, and keep the strip-shows.  I miss Europe...
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 05:24:44 AM »
And people say the EU is a bad thing.
That's awesome.

Imagine a society where young women actually grow up with no hangups about their bodies!
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 09:40:55 AM »
Quote from: ""MightyAardvark""
And people say the EU is a bad thing.
That's awesome.

Imagine a society where young women actually grow up with no hangups about their bodies!

No shit.  The US is full of neurotic people jamming their hands down their throats, trying to look like some anorexic supermodel...  Of course the above competion could never happen in the US.  Where the religious right on one hand would be raising a fit, on the other hand you would have people like WANF crying "OOH  MY GODDDDdd?  I See a CU^&... it's harassment!"...
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 09:53:12 AM »
What the hell happened to us? ( the US ) Why this prevailing notion to protect us from ourselves? Not very characteristic of a nation supposedly built on independence, is it? What is WANF?

I wish there was a good whorehouse there in town, there isn't even a strip like there is down in the city. And they (the town) wanna call themselves a city, ha! Oddly enough though, I thought I saw a hooker standing out on the street last night, but this would be a first. She didn't look too bad either.. nice legs, a classy pair of heels and a good figure. Don't know if I could get past those jaded, sunken eyes though. And she'd probably try and snag my wallet. No, better quality whores are definitely in order before I stoop to that level.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It's tradition!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 08:41:24 PM »
I actually started at is school back in 1999, an back then this competition was a tradition. I don't know when it started, but it's a long time ago...
What is so great about this story? I really don't get it.... It seems very normal and innocent for me... (pardon my english, it's 2:38AM here, and I haven't slept much the past two days because I have been out drinking.... and watching girls kiss and touch each other..)

/Peter

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »
Got any pictures to post on that Peter?

I think you are forgetting that while for you it isn't that big of a deal it is for other people. I personally really don't care much myself. But I can see why others would get offended by it.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No pictures
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 09:27:52 PM »
Nope, I haven't got any pictures.. no power on my cell phone ;-)

But it's just a strip tease contest. There is no "sex" going on, and everyone kept their g-strings on. It's not more than everyone can see at the beach when the summer starts. And it's just one contest among many others... AND I have seen videos from other danish high schools where girls take their clothes off, so "we" aren't the only ones :-)

Take this clip as an example
http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00586.wmv[/url]