Author Topic: Psychiatric Hospital Abuse  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Psychiatric Hospital Abuse
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:54:35 PM »
Has anyone been involuntarily or voluntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital and been mistreated?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 08:46:46 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:44:03 AM »
Why are psych patients treated significantly different from patients who are hospitalized for, let's say, heart surgery or pneumonia or something?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:22:39 AM »
Does anyone here have complaints about CPH in Covington, KY?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Psychiatric Hospital Abuse
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »
Hi,
 My son (and many other kids) had a terrible experience with a now closed down adolescent unit in Boise.
I have a web site in fact regarding what I have learned since my son's illness.  You might be interested.

www.reformpsychiatrichosptials.org

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 12:20:44 AM »
Quote from: "vicki"
Hi,
 My son (and many other kids) had a terrible experience with a now closed down adolescent unit in Boise.
I have a web site in fact regarding what I have learned since my son's illness.  You might be interested.

www.reformpsychiatrichosptials.org

http://www.reformpsychiatrichospitals.org/

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 04:14:00 AM »
I have often wondered these same things, but you would never be strip searched in a medical hospital. So why are they so different? Does mental illness make you a criminal? I don't think so. Not unless you are about to harm yourself or someone else, and when those questions are asked you should really ask specifics and decide what the "real" harm is. I remember arriving at the psych hospital, being strip searched, losing my possessions, and wondering how being a depressed outed lesbian made me a criminal. Chew on that one. Get back to me. Last I check being a depressed and outed lesbian was not a crime that would cause lock up, loss of possessions, and suicide watch (meaning someone watches you pee, shit, and shower).

Offline scarecrow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 10:54:29 AM »
my daughter 14 at the time was hospitalized in St. Clare's Hospital Denville, NJ.  She does suffer from depression.  She had a suicide attempt and was admitted to this "hospital".  The first thing the nurse said to me was: she need you to leave you now, visiting hours are such and such, and I am going to take her in a room and strip search her! I objected to not being with my daughter during this traumatic event and was told they would call children services on me!  Needless to say her stay was not therapeutic.  The doctor saw her for 15 minutes and told us she was bipolar and our only hope was lithuim.  I refused to allow her to be put on lithium.
This hospital should be investigated.  The nurses do not follow the patients bill of rights.  The families are not allowed access via phone or visitation(very limited with no privacy for families during visiting hours)  The patients have no structure during the day.  The patients hang out with each other-and develop the others bad habits.  If you didn't have serious issues before, you will learn how to acquire them  at this place.

If you need help look somewhere else.  It was a very expensive mistake for our family.