Author Topic: Academy at Swift River - Split from TTI  (Read 22116 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Academy at Swift River - Split from TTI
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 12:16:48 AM »
There he goes again... doggone that crazy Who!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 12:18:03 AM »
Cindy the only one who is unclear here is you. ASR, like HLA is wanting to have it both ways. Advertise as a theraputic boarding school and treat your residents like they're patients who have no rights. When the state comes around all the sudden its just a run of the mill traditional boarding school.

As evidenced theyve been doing this basically since they opened. It looks like that little con is about to come to an end though.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 12:18:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
I am not familiar with all the laws but I would lean them more towards a boarding school than an RTC, but that is my opinion.  I’ll leave the definition up to the state.

As HLA is finding out, you can "lean" 80* toward a boarding school, but if you are warehousing kids 24/7 and providing them mental health services, you are required to be licensed. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before the right group of people come together to make this happen at ASR.

I can agree with this.  These are the types of things that need to be defined.  TBS is like a hybrid, cross between boarding school and treatment center.
Someone needs to decide which laws and licenses apply.  Hopefully, sooner than later this is ironed out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 12:22:24 AM »
Quote from: ""Jed""

Yep, yep! :o

Git 'im, Jed!! See if you ken hit 'im in the ass!!  :exclaim:

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2007, 12:23:20 AM »
It already is, in both Mass and GA. The only thing that needs to be "ironed out" is how many of these abusive programs are trying to circumvent the law.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2007, 12:26:34 AM »
Quote from: ""Jim-bob""

Aw hell, Jim-bob...looks like he done hopped on down the trail again..

We'll git 'im, though.. he always comes back thissaway...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2007, 12:31:31 AM »
Quote from: ""Jim-bob""

Aw hell, Jim-bob...looks like he done hopped on down the trail again..

We'll git 'im, though.. he always comes back thissaway...

Don't tell me you two fools done let 'im get away AGAIN, now..  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2007, 12:53:50 AM »
C'mon, Paw, let up on them boys. Come on now, boys! I jest know ye can get em! Just don't run him through my cow pasture, That poor critter's practically givin cottage cheese already, what with all that ruckus puttin the lid on that strange Ottowa feller.

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2007, 05:49:11 AM »
Quote from: "Deborah"
I never had a phone in high school, we had to use the one in the nurses office or principles office (with them listening in!!!!!)

quote]
thats preposterous. No highschool principal "listens in" on the students call. If that happened to u..u have room for a lawsuit.
And if program wants to go for it :D , you'll have one from him too!

thats all Im saying (no more who dialogue)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2007, 08:02:48 AM »
Quote from: "sick of child torture girl"
Quote from: ""Deborah""
I never had a phone in high school, we had to use the one in the nurses office or principles office (with them listening in!!!!!)

quote]
thats preposterous. No highschool principal "listens in" on the students call. If that happened to u..u have room for a lawsuit.
And if program wants to go for it :D , you'll have one from him too!

thats all Im saying (no more who dialogue)

You are probably a bit younger than I am.  But when we needed to call home the nurse or principle would call for us while we were standing there.  After they were done they would ask “Would you like to talk to your son?”  Then I was put on…  the nurse or principle (depending on which room I was in) would busy themselves with paperwork but were within 5 feet of me so there was no privacy.  We never though of suing anyone back then, there were no cell phones.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2007, 08:31:28 AM »
You are probably a bit younger than I am.  But when we needed to call home the nurse or principle would call for us while we were standing there.  After they were done they would ask “Would you like to talk to your son?”  Then I was put on…  the nurse or principle (depending on which room I was in) would busy themselves with paperwork but were within 5 feet of me so there was no privacy.  

OK, so one person within 5 feet of you doing paperwork while you're making a call = "no privacy," BUT four kids at a single table with a counselor monitoring = "privacy"?

You seem confused about this.

Also, from an ASR attendee:

"And there were call logs taken by the staff there about how your conversation went . If we complained about the school our counselors would most likely start playing the whole "you're manipulating your parents to get out of here", or pull the whole other "you could be at [insert hellhole here]. Somehow, it always came back to you and your issues. "

Hmmmm...  This kid reports not only complete lack of privacy, but also a staff member recording notes about his phonecalls for "group therapy" purposes.

Me thinks The Who is having a little problem with truth-telling again...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2007, 09:03:28 AM »
DJ Wrote:
OK, so one person within 5 feet of you doing paperwork while you're making a call = "no privacy," BUT four kids at a single table with a counselor monitoring = "privacy"?

Ha,Ha,Ha…. I thought I cleared this up…but I keep doing it !!!...sorry....let me repost:

The use of the word Private was ill chosen:

I can see how that could be confusing to some people. I can be a stickler myself sometimes, Let me clarify:

When the kids call home they sit in a partitioned off area, maybe 4 or more at the table, each with their own cubby. The kids cant hear each other and the counselors cant hear you at a normal speaking voice.

Hmmmm... This kid reports not only complete lack of privacy, but also a staff member recording notes about his phonecalls for "group therapy" purposes.

I didn’t see this said, go back and look.  No mention of group therapy or notes.  “Call Logs” are a record (time and date) that the child has called home.  They are not required to do this but it is good practice for the sake of the child to insure each child has called home.   If the school became regulated they may be required to keep these records for 7 years.

What a log typically wants to document is “Student name”, Time, location, date and a brief description or check box indicating if the call was successful/completed or not.

Hope this helps to clear it up.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2007, 11:05:49 AM »
I didn’t see this said, go back and look.  No mention of group therapy or notes.

Nalex18 wrote: If you complained to your parents on the phone you had some nice things coming to you in group. It was kind of a "tough shit" type thing. My parents really hate talking about it, but from what has slipped out I guess they sort of got the same response.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p= ... all#231045

“Call Logs” are a record (time and date) that the child has called home.  They are not required to do this but it is good practice for the sake of the child to insure each child has called home. What a log typically wants to document is “Student name”, Time, location, date and a brief description or check box indicating if the call was successful/completed or not.

Apparently more than name, date, time.

If the school became regulated they may be required to keep these records for 7 years.

Is that a problem? It would be interesting to see what notes were jotted down to bring up in "group". Also interesting to know how that's handled in/by group.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »
I was refering to this quote:

"And there were call logs taken by the staff there about how your conversation went . If we complained about the school our counselors would most likely start playing the whole "you're manipulating your parents to get out of here", or pull the whole other "you could be at [insert hellhole here]. Somehow, it always came back to you and your issues. "

I didnt see mention of notes or group therapy in the reference by DJ.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2007, 11:35:35 AM »
Same poster, same thread, same page, dingbat!  "I'm not going to do your work for you."  Go back and read the kid's posts.  Calls were monitored and the content of the calls was brought up by counselors in group.  So not only did they take notes on the content of the calls, those notes were used in group, as Nalex said.

I wonder, if the counselors "couldn't hear" the kids, how did they get detailed notes of the conversations to use in groups?  Maybe you can explan that for the rest of us, Who.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control