Author Topic: Restrictions  (Read 5425 times)

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
Restrictions
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Lacey""
I know a lot of those happen in the male dorms, but they did occur in the female dorms too. I think the most disgusting ones that I remember was a girl sticking another girls toothbrush in her vagina to get back at her, another girl throwing a used tampon in the shower while the girl was showering, and then of course the ever popular pissing in someones shampoo bottle.  

Real safe environment. All of those to claim public school is safer than TBS's, I went to both and can never remember hearing of any acts like these occuring.

Why in the world did HLA go with a dorm system for a school filled with oppositional kids(among other problems)?  Putting 50 kids who are prone to getting into trouble in the same dorm is just asking for problems.  It seems like going with a house system would have been more condusive to building meaningful relationships with kids and maintaining a higher degree of safety.

Thats definitely true. I went to a residential treatment center in Utah, where they had the house system. North, East, and West House, each with about 40 kids. 2 students per room, and you could see down the halls from the main room.

See, the worst thing about the way the girls rooms were set up was that there were 2 rooms (2 girls each) that was linked by a common bathroom, essentially just a hall between them. So you could easily slip between rooms by just going through your bathroom. There was no way to see inside the bathroom from the halls of the dorm, and most of the time our doors were kept shut anyway. So we got away with so much stuff because with staff checking on us ever 30-45 minutes, that leaves plenty of time for mischevious fun. And that was back when they actually employed night staff. So things may have gotten even worse.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »