Author Topic: Pledge to ban theWho  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »
I pledge $200 cash to be sent to whatever admin or site owner bans TheWho.

I'll double that if someone posts his real name, information and/or a picture of him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 08:26:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I pledge $200 cash to be sent to whatever admin or site owner bans TheWho.

I'll double that if someone posts his real name, information and/or a picture of him.

No banning on Fornits.  Period.  Free speech is paramount.  Once censorship starts, it's a slippery slope before there's duct tape on your mouth.

"I detest what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:45:24 AM »
More than that, the Program faithful are a crucial part of the story. No one would ever believe that people like this exist in 21st century America if they didn't keep coming around here and demonstrating.

But this point is a little frustrating to me. I understand the desire among program vets to have a safe, healing place to deal with our issues. I  just got an earful the other night from a close friend telling me that this site should be all about healing. I've got a couple of good friends who won't come around here anymore because it's been too painful. And even that has been because of cruelty or misunderstanding among survivors, never mind the overtly pro-program assholes like Who.

Unfortunately, such a thing as a safe, therapeutic forum can't exist in freedom. Even if it could, I'm nowhere near qualified nor inclined to bring it about. How would I go about deciding which stories and viewpoints are valid and true and who gets to speak and who doesn't? Hell, some of the craziest, most frightening and probably actually dangerous people who come around here are fellow program vets. I won't ban them either, no matter what transpires among friends and combatants. It's all part of the story.

I'm glad Who persists in illustrating the true nature and thought processes of the ToughLove hate group. I find it quite satisfying because he reminds me so much of my mommy. Even people who have known her casually or fairly well over the years, even those who well understand that she can be quite (eghheghm) eccentric about some things still have difficulty believing that she used to keep teenagers locked up in her apartment and take part in ritual abuse. They can't understand how a seemingly decent, pleasant person could take part in such a thing, especially when stories of outrageous abuse and cruelty about Straight and The Seed dominated the local headlines from time to time over the course of a decade while our family was involved.

Who gives us more insight into how that works than almost anyone who's come around here lately. I thank him for that.

Besides, this is yet another fulfillment of a happy daydream I used to have often in Program. I'd be either getting confronted by some lunatic staffer w/ Alice in Wonderland logic + retarded grammar and diction or watching some one else take it up the arse and think to myself "If only we could drag this argument out into the more commonly accepted reality....." See, program zealots can only win an argument if they're able to control the dialog and force coalescence. Instead, we all get our chance to tell the sadistic lunatic what for.

It happens again and again. He's like a dog chasing a frisbee. No matter how many times you throw it, he'll keep on chasing and fetching. It just  never gets old for me.  ::roflmao::
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:05:41 AM »
Quote from: ""psy""
"I detest what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

Excellent quote. Says it all.

TheWho can be an irritating piece of shit (I could do without the "insight" that he offers) but freedom of speech comes first.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:10:05 AM »
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
More than that, the Program faithful are a crucial part of the story. No one would ever believe that people like this exist in 21st century America if they didn't keep coming around here and demonstrating.
...I'm glad Who persists in illustrating the true nature and thought processes of the ToughLove hate group.

...and what better way to hone our chops, my dears!  BuWahHaHaHa!!
  ::whip::::whip::          . ::bigmouth::  ::bigmouth::  ::bigmouth::
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 10:20:34 AM »
I think THeWho's strategy is to humiliate program survivors, new posters, like Programmer in an attempt to keep them from sharing their stories which is anti-free speech.

Sometimes this forum can seem a bit like a rape survivor group meeting. Only halfway through telling your story you find out half the people in the group are actually rapists themselves.  :o

... $350.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
I think THeWho's strategy is to humiliate program survivors, new posters, like Programmer in an attempt to keep them from sharing their stories which is anti-free speech.

And how's that working out for him?

Sometimes this forum can seem a bit like a rape survivor group meeting. Only halfway through telling your story you find out half the people in the group are actually rapists themselves.  :o

Well, I don't know where anyone would get the notion that this is anything but a wide open forum. It's not. But don't be skeerd! Program mythology is flawed at the core. It only seems to stand up if there's someone in charge with the ability and the will to forcibly prevent any logical refutation. That's not the case here.

... $350.

Nuh, thanks, this is priceless!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »
Rape is also flawed.

However, you don't need to prove this to the world by having someone publicly raped.

This is a harsh analogy, but that is how it can feel. And yes, we all do it to ourselves and that's what makes it so fucked up.

How about blocking me instead, I don't think I can take much more..

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 10:47:01 AM »
Ok, I have to add this. This is a disturbing topic we're stirring up here. I guess it took me a couple of years of raging and venting before I could really trust that Program people don't have the authority outside of their closed prison systems to do us any harm. Once I really figured that out, I went balls to the walls and made myself a target just so that people could see that you can, indeed, say these things and not be struck by lightening. I do get a threat once in awhile. Here's what I like to do with those:
http://fornits.com/dchfans/ (and, btw, if anybody's got any autographed letters for Eudora's collection, please send them along for inclusion)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 10:49:58 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
...I'm glad Who persists in illustrating the true nature and thought processes of the ToughLove hate group.

...and what better way to hone our chops, my dears!  BuWahHaHaHa!!
  ::whip::::whip::          . ::bigmouth::  ::bigmouth::  ::bigmouth::

He should be ignored, and an thread warning the new people about him should be posted on that forum. Problem solved. I don't need my "chops honed," and certainly could do without his bullshit everyday. Ignore the fucker and he'll go away.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 10:53:23 AM »
Rape is also flawed.

However, you don't need to prove this to the world by having someone publicly raped.

I'm with you this far; we shouldn't ban him. Just warn newer people about what a douchebag programmie he is and ignore him. This IS the solution, end of story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
Rape is also flawed.

EDIT: I'm with you this far; we shouldn't ban him, though.

We should just warn newer people as to what a douchebag programmie he is and ignore him.

This IS the solution, end of story.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »
Rape is also flawed.

This is a harsh analogy, but that is how it can feel. And yes, we all do it to ourselves and that's what makes it so fucked up.

How about blocking me instead, I don't think I can take much more..

No, that's not too harsh an analogy at all. But it falls apart when the would be rapist is exposed and then ass kicked up and down the road for as long as they'll hang around and take it and by a never ending line of angry rape victims.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
Great and I agree with kicking a rapist's ass all over the place, but must you (directed to the general public) waste your valuable time trouncing this relentless knucklehead?  :rofl:

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
Pledge to ban theWho
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 01:48:25 AM »
yeaaah.. comparing banning the who to rape is a twee much

Ive been banned from many a forum, and nope, not much like rape

And the whole slippery slope thing is foolish.
"Dispatch 2267: today marks the forth day of the cleansing of non patriots...we trace this marvelous day of triumpth agasint liberal America haters to a website fornits administrations decision to ban a poster WHO, quintissential yppie sellout"

I dont hink that will happen.  All other websites have rules standards. That fornits doesnt I think is great ..in theory. But then.. if someone to exploit that they can. If they really want to post nothing but scatological comments, or derail every thread like the who, or shame posters about their experiences, it will damage the ability to have a diallogue. If someone goes into a room and screams screams while in a rabbit suit, no matter what else of value is going on inside it it wont be heard. And eventually people will get discouraged and leave

I m all up for banning the who and ill pledge another 200..its not my forum and i dont want to seem bossy