Author Topic: The Curious Posting Patterns of Billy Procida  (Read 9007 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
The Curious Posting Patterns of Billy Procida
« on: April 10, 2007, 05:59:04 AM »
Billy's first declared post was made on August 29th, 2006, at 3:46 AM EDT (all times noted henceforth will be East Coast times, as that is where they were presumably posted from) in the "I lost my virginity at Hyde." thread:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=15309&start=46
excuse me for the informal writing, it's 3:30 in the morning, so bear with me...i'm going to be a senior and it's going to be my 4th year. i have seen good and bad. good from hyde's perspective and good that hyde hasn't recognized. the sterotypical "tool"(what most kids would call the 100% good guys are the ones Hyde will usually praise, yes, and still challenge. i've seen a kid i went to summer challenge with eventually graduate dirty. yes. but I was able to see the IMMENSE positive change he made. he realized to take his life seriously. M.D. was the classic "bad boy" and still looks like the really cool really tough guy. but he's a good kid now. he always was, but he learned some responsibility. for him, that's really all he needed. i've seen "bad" kids come in, refuse; and then refuse a year and a half into it. those kids are a waste of our time, the parents' money. i've seen good kids, such as myself, who've never done anything bad, learn to be less oblivious and also learn that not all of the current youth culture's bad. like, that drinking a little at a party isn't nearly the end of the world. i've gotten a lot out of hyde cuz i put a lot of faith and trust into it. granted, i DID NOT wanna be there during SC '03 and the beginning of freshman year. but i see that hyde is a place to develop yourself, but whatever it needs to be. not necessarily what hyde thinks it should be. whether or not hyde recognizes that you accomplished something doesn't matter. YES THERE ARE FLAWS! but nothing's perfect. i see that there IS a business perspective; hey, someone's gotta pay the bills to keep the place actually open. i worked in the admissions office for three weeks this summer...i noticed we, at least the woodstock campus, has begun to be more selective and not letting people who aren't ready for us in. which is good. i encourage you look at the school, regardless of the stories, it really depends on your kid. maybe he/she needs something more extreme. like elan, or family foundation(although, they may wanna kill themselves after F.F.). or wilderness. or rehab. hyde is a GREAT transition school from one of those, because they are 1) more willing to go to something less strict and 2) if they did the other program right, then they'll be more willing to continue the change they've been making. it's TOTALLY TRUE that hyde's NOT FOR EVERYONE. but you never know till you at least look. but i know that the common thing with teens today is lack of self-confidence, self-worth, or immaturity. usually a good combination. i was all three. what keeps me coming back are the PEOPLE and the staff. so i'm really tired, but PLEASE, if you have any questions, i'll answer them. i see myself as a completely neutral, seeing as i see them all from both sides. My name is Billy Procida...my email address is http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=17301&start=0
This time perhaps because it was a thread starter, he did get more responses, including a number who questioned his authenticity.  Even back then, as now, a number of people asked questions in response to his having solicited them.  Then, as now, he did not answer them.

On Friday, December 15th at 3:08 PM, this exact same post was inserted again, in the "thoughts about hyde" thread, along with the prefacing comment "Also needs repeating...," necessary, perhaps, given that it was no longer anywhere near 3:30AM.  Again, the insertion was somewhat out of context, and did not go far in generating much interest.
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=19252&start=19

On Sunday, March 4, 2007 at 8:51 PM, Billy finally responded to questions posed in the "i'm an incoming senior... to parents interested" thread with the following post:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=17301&start=12
i'm at my uncle's and he told me he found my post. i didn't know what he was talking about, then i was like "o yeaa". i'll be sure to try and check this site more often. but again, i'm sorry. i just thought if people had questions, they'd email them. (and i was up that late because I was playing some online poker, got bored, and searched hyde school on google). So about those questions(and being over half way done with senior year, almost been a full 4 years).
* How many of students were in your entering class (2003)? How many graduated?
Maybe 15 back in the days of the year 03-04. We have 4 from THAT class. Another one of them went up to the Bath campus half-way through because he wanted a change (and his mom worked at the woodstock campus) and we have two 4-year seniors from the bath campus down at woodstock.
* How has Hyde changed its admission standards? You said they're being more selective. How?
it's changed in the sense that those kids you said needed something more therapeutic or rehabilitative don't get accepted anymore. i agree, too many kids who should have NEVER been there were accepted. i think there was just a financial pressure, being its first 10 years in, we just needed more people. after this whole Hyde @ 40 financial campaign thing, we got a lot more money that we raised. so there's not that pressure to keep accepting anymore. the feel on campus this year is SO much different. there's no longer kids on 2-4 for a week or two at a time. kids are off after usually 3-4 days. we dont' have a bunch of kids out breaking ethics ALL THE TIME like my other 3 years. it's just a new feel. i'm not the BIGGEST fan of Laura Gauld, but she's done some things Duncan (Mr. McCrann) just couldn't do.
* What percentage of Hyde's current students seem to have pretty serious mental health/psychiatric problems? Drug/alc problems? Has that changed since you started at Hyde?
I'd say maybe 10-25 percent maybe (very rough estimate). but it's way under half. the other years, esp. last year, drugs were a huge issue. my sophomore year there was a kid dealing massive amounts of coke, last year it was ecstasy. and you could tell that there was something really off in the community. you just don't get that feeling this year.
* Did you witness any bad incidents in seminars (FLCs) or was it all good? Did you think the staff had the proper training to handle those groups, especially when things got real intense?
o we all have stories about people breaking down (my mother breaks down way too often). def. not all good. again, no one's a certified psychologist or counselor (except Don MacMillan). so it's just people helping people. yes they screw up, because we all don't have the answers. the faculty and students only have our own personal experiences. i've heard (and recieved) feedback that was extremely off, but if people could just take it with a grain of salt, and accept it has no bearing, they could just leave it alone. don't take it personally. it's even one of the seminar guidelines. the faculty could definitely work on intense situations. the younger facutly are a lot more open to ask for help, i've noticed, because they are new and recognize that. they have no problem seeking help from the veteran faculty if things are getting to be too much.
* How much turnover is there with teachers these days? When I was at Hyde the turnover was real high.
Faculty turnover was pretty good going from last year to this year. there was a big controversy that upset many (including myself) over L.G. not renewing Tom Lord's contract (brilliant man, even non-returning offtrack kids weeped and were pissed about it). but it was pretty good. we picked up 2 faculty members mid year this year. somehow we picked 2 young guys that seem to just get it. i've never seen new faculty be this dead-on about attitudes. I'm talking about Julian Miller and Wesley Jenkins.
* Is Joe Gauld still very involved? What's your experience with him?
He's still here, old shaking and still going. haha. he's been coming down a lot to talk to us seniors and work with us. and of course for FLC weekends. i had more experience with him my first two years with my father because my dad's not in the process at hyde and exchanged some words with Joey G via email. they're on better terms now. my dad needed something different. he's been doing it, and improving. sorry, i just don't personally have much experience with him.

I was really dissapointed with many accusing me of being a fake or a faculty. i can understand why though. i understand ya'll are looking for help, and when there's an air of suspicion, it's easy to take a big whif of it. so if you still doubt me, call me up. 201-788-1824. if you live in jersey, we'll sit down for lunch and discuss. but please don't accuse me of something like that. i do see things from a more objective point of view. i was an innocent my first two years and hung around off track kids. most of my friends were off track dishonest ethic breaking kids. it didn't make them bad people. but i can recognize that. i also am around a lot of "ontrack" kids too. i've seen most of it, just short of breaking the ethics myself. any other questions i'll ask, HONESTLY and from an objective point of view. hyde has its faults in the practice, but so does every other school. but the basic concept is: be a better person. and who can argue with that. if you're really on that road for yourself trying to better yourself, a teacher messing up a single situation shouldn't throw you off the deepend. i'll try my best to check this site, but feel free to also email me questions or comments: [email protected] . i've got to go back to my family.
- Bill Procida

This time the fish bit, so to speak... and "conversation," so to speak, continued hence...

Some of the posts have been quite "curious"...

It would appear that Billy's activities in the admissions office have less to do with any interest in genuine dialogue, rather, have been precisely focused on fishing for information and proselytizing.  Reader take note.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:51:15 AM »
Conspiracy?!  You've been smokin' too much weed dude...

Maybe Billy wrote each of these posts from the grassy knoll!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 07:27:20 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

uh uh... lay off the koolaid and wake up, buddy. those fuckers are desparate...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:41:34 AM »

The implication is that Bill is being paid to post.  It is not an unreasonable suggestion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:45:32 AM »

The implication is that Bill is being paid to post.  It is not an unreasonable suggestion.

The implication is that you are paranoid schizophrenics who are bringing discredit to this site.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »
I think Ursus hit a raw nerve in the pro-Hyde crowd.  They sound pretty defensive to me.  "Me thinks you protest too much."

He could be paid.  He could be just getting "extra credit."  But one thing's for sure:  he isn't always "Billy" when he posts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:21:57 AM »
I think Ursus hit a raw nerve in the pro-Hyde crowd.  They sound pretty defensive to me.  "Me thinks you protest too much."

He could be paid.  He could be just getting "extra credit."  But one thing's for sure:  he isn't always "Billy" when he posts.

Yes, "he isn't always Billy when he posts." He's Hyde's secret weapon, and the anti-Hyde group trembles at his approach. And families line up to apply to Hyde. Come on, you guys, don't make me laugh. Billy is here for some awareness, and he's a lot saner than you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 10:37:11 AM »

Yes, "he isn't always Billy when he posts." He's Hyde's secret weapon, and the anti-Hyde group trembles at his approach. And families line up to apply to Hyde. Come on, you guys, don't make me laugh. Billy is here for some awareness, and he's a lot saner than you.

Hyde doesn't employ LSW or  psychologists so you must be one of the amature therapists that extracts the details of date rape from 13 year old girls in group sessions  Yeah that qualifies you to comment on the relative sanity of board posters

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »

The implication is that you are paranoid schizophrenics who are bringing discredit to this site.

Like the mentally unbalanced folk that bring discredit to Hyde?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »

Hyde doesn't employ LSW or  psychologists so you must be one of the amature therapists that extracts the details of date rape from 13 year old girls in group sessions  Yeah that qualifies you to comment on the relative sanity of board posters

No, I'm no psychoanalyst, so I work from general notions like insanity is the inability to distinguish between illusion and reality. Your perception of Billy as proselyte, spy, and existential threat has no basis in reality. Please don't bore me with pseudo-intellectual yammerings about the demarcation of illusion and reality. BTW, you're wrong about me too: I'm as anti-Hyde as they come.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »

Your perception of Billy as proselyte, spy, and existential threat has no basis in reality.

Ok I will spare you my ramblings on the subjective and mutable nature of "reality" But please do tell:
How would you know that?
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 12:30:31 PM »
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""

Your perception of Billy as proselyte, spy, and existential threat has no basis in reality.

Ok I will spare you my ramblings on the subjective and mutable nature of "reality" But please do tell:
How would you know that?

Reality is where the pizza delivery boy comes from. Usually he is not a proselyte, spy, and existential threat.

Mike

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »

How would you know that?

Reality is where the pizza delivery boy comes from. Usually he is not a proselyte, spy, and existential threat.

Mike

Funny you should mention spy and pizza delivery boy.  The state police have been using pizza delivery boys for tips on under age drinking parties. I advised my kids to have the designated driver pick the pizza up.
 Busting kids is fun for the state police since the kids usually don't open fire on them like the heroin dealers do and there are drunk teenage girls.  Was it Noam Chomsky that said police become police to legitimize their own criminal intent?  I know he said something horrid about being a fan of a pro sports team.  Go Red Sox.

Levitating the Mansion
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »
Was it Noam Chomsky that said police become police to legitimize their own criminal intent?  I know he said something horrid about being a fan of a pro sports team.  Go Red Sox.

It's scary to think what Noam would have to say to an American-Israeli Cubs fan. I named my son after him.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 01:40:42 PM »
Well, I can see that this subject matter has certainly gotten a reaction out of Hyde.  Obviously, there is more to it than I had seen fit to post previously.  Here's another tidbit... Read these very carefully; there is more to it than just what I have chosen to highlight:

Note this excerpt from a post by Billy Procida in the "i'm an incoming senior... for parents interested" thread, posted Thurday, March 8th, 2007 at 5:23 PM Conn.:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=17301&start=39
Again, to start, you need an objective view. I've always been an objective kid. I can put feelings aside and spurt what's right, not what I wnat to be right(most of the time, I have my situations here and there, I actually had one quite recently if you want to hear about it, shoot me an email). But seriously, grow up. Because putting smiley faces and patronizing people is what I did in grade school. Because by doing that, you're acting like Matt. And he was a boy trapped in an 18-year old's body.

Next, note this post not quite a month later, posted Friday, April 6th, 2007 at 7:09 PM in the "gauld admits hyde is a fraud and quits" thread:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21053&start=48
i'm not trying to invalidate what you've said, but it IS a lot different now in 2007 than it was in the late 60s and 70s. hyde has been figuring this out by trial and error and still are. because you're right: how do you teach character education? we're still in the process of figuring out the BEST way to do it. so back then, i can imagine them not having any sort of clue if you just have joey g-string getting into people one-on-one. he can be very stubborn and so can a teenager. so that's not a great set-up for EVERY situation. i get that. but it is different now ursus.
- bill procida '07
ps....when exactly did you graduate? were you part of the first class with paul hurd? or were you more towards malcolm's time? just trying to get a time frame...hope that doesnt' make you feel too old :wink:  lol

SOMEbody messed up!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------