Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 307033 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »
The only good ministry to me is the band  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »
my concern is what they were feeding you...  i want to know if the other girls who skipped their periods for a year have been able to have children.  i'm really hoping that was just a coincidence.
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »
laura...or is it mike?
well, I was curious as to why you are asking this question about how many of us survivors of this place who missed periods for a year, have been able to have kids.

curious about why you asked it

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2004, 02:39:00 AM »
I was the daughter of a staff member in 1981-1982. You are telling the truth. You were hurt and abused and I am sorry for everything that happend to you all. I can't imagine anyone enduring in that hell without suffering from PTSD. If any of you decide to sue, and I hope that you do, I would be happy to testify to everything that I saw and heard. Or, if you just need to talk, I will listen.

My info:
Christine Woodman
25807 Frnaklin Street
Petersburg,VA 23803
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2004, 02:40:00 AM »
I lost my period as well,when I was there. I had a horrible time getting and staying pregnant, and now at the ripe old age of 35 I am in early menapause.

We need some answers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
do you recall the yellow stuff?? i do...

Causes of Menstrual Abnormalities - InfertilityPhysician.com... amenorrhea, many people are not aware that abnormalities in the menstrual cycle other than amenorrhea may also ... 2000 Michael D. Birnbaum, MD, PC - All rights ...
http://www.infertilityphysician.com/ menstrual_disorders/causes.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Infertility Glossary - InfertilityPhysician.com... AMENORRHEA - The complete absence of vaginal bleeding for either a minimum of six months or three times that ... 2000 Michael D. Birnbaum, MD, PC - All rights ...
http://www.infertilityphysician.com/glossary.html - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from http://www.infertilityphysician.com ]

Causes of Menstrual Abnormalities
It is important to understand that abnormalities of menstruation are a symptom, not a disease. If at all possible, an underlying cause should be searched for and treatment should be directed at the cause.

One of the most common causes of menstrual irregularity is emotional stress. Usually the precipitating factor is easily recognized and unless the problem is significant, no specific therapy of menstrual disturbance is necessary. It has been often stated that a woman's menstrual cycle mirrors her emotions and my clinical experience has more than justified this conclusion.

Further complicating the problem of the woman who is under emotional stress is the fact that, when they either see their family physician or sometimes a psychiatrist, they will be frequently placed on Prozac or drugs similar to Prozac. Any of the "psychiatric" drugs, but especially anti-depressants, may cause elevations in the hormone prolactin.

The "major tranquilizers" - drugs that are used to treat serious mental disturbances - very frequently cause an elevated prolactin level. Drugs of this category include Thorazine, Haldol and other similar medications. Women on these drugs frequently stop menstruating completely.

When a woman is on such a drug and is found to have an elevated prolactin, the question then becomes whether it was the emotional stress that caused her menstrual irregularity or whether it was a secondary effect of the medication that was being used to treat her emotional distress.

-----------------------------------------

Amenorrhea (Absence of Menstruation). Amenorrhea is the absence of menstruation. There are two categories: primary amenorrhea and secondary amenorrhea. Such terms are used only to describe the timing of menstrual cessation; they do not indicate any cause nor do they suggest any other information.

Primary amenorrhea occurs when a girl does not even start to menstruate. Girls who show no signs of sexual development (breast development and pubic hair) by age 14 should be evaluated. Girls who do not have their periods by two years after sexual development should also be checked. Any girl who does not have her period by age 16 should be evaluated for primary amenorrhea.

Secondary amenorrhea occurs when periods that were previously regular become absent for at least three cycles. [For more details, see the Well-Connected Report # 101, Amenorrhea.]

ABOUT WELL-CONNECTED
Well-Connected reports are written and updated by experienced medical writers and reviewed and edited by the in-house editors and a board of physicians at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital. The reports are distinguished from other information sources available to patients and health care consumers by their quality, detail of information, and currency. These reports are not intended as a substitute for medical professional help or advice but are to be used only as an aid in understanding current medical knowledge. A physician should always be consulted for any health problem or medical condition.

National Women's Health Resource Center, 2425 L Street NW, Washington, DC 20037. Call (202-293-6045) or on the Internet (http://www.womens-health.com)

National Women's Health Network, 514 10th St. NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20004. Call (202-347-1140) or (202 628 7814) for health information. Membership is $25 per year and provides a bimonthly newsletter and access to information. Reports cost $6.00 for members and $8.00 for nonmembers.

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Resource Center, 409 12th Street SW, Washington, DC 20024. Call (202638-5577) or on the Internet (http://www.acog.com/)

RESOLVE, Inc., 1310 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02144-1731. Call (617-623-1156) or the National HelpLine (617-623-0744) or on the Internet (http://www.resolve.org/)

American Society for Reproductive Medicine (Formerly the American Fertility Society), 1209 Montgomery Highway, Birmingham, AL 35216-2809. Call (205-978-5000) or on the Internet (http://www.asrm.com/current/practice/opinion.html)

The Endometriosis Association, 8585 N. 76th Place, Milwaukee, WI 53223 call (800-992-3636) for a general information packet or (414-355-2200) for specific issues or on the Internet (http://www.endometriosisassn.org/) This international association provides information, support, and research.

Fertility Research Foundation, 877 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10021. Call (212-744-5500) Offers information on treatment, latest research on male and female infertility.

International Pelvic Pain Society, Women's Medical Plaza, Suite 402, 2006 Brookwood Medical Center Drive Birmingham, Alabama 35209 USA. Call (1-800-624-9676) or (205-877-2950) or on the Internet (http://www.pelvicpain.org/)

Menopause News, 2074 Union Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 USA. Call (800-241-MENO) or on the Internet (http://wwwwellcom/user/mnews/)

Other Good Internet Sites for Women's Health ;

(http://www.womenshealth.org/)

(http://painnet.com/) This site offers live counseling on pain. It is a sponsored site and not non-profit, but may be helpful.

(http://www.estronaut.com)
=================================================
====================================================

!!!!!!!!
http://health.allrefer.com/health/secon ... -info.html

Definition
Secondary amenorrhea is a condition in which menstruation begins at the appropriate age, but later ceases for 6 or more months in the absence of normal causes such as pregnancy, lactation, or menopause

The incidence of secondary amenorrhea (due to some cause other than pregnancy) is about 4% in the general population

FOUR PERCENT IN GENERAL POPULATION!!!!!!

Overview, Causes, & Risk Factors

Pregnancy is often the first thought when a period is missed, but there are many reasons for having a late period. Increased risk is associated with extreme and prolonged exercise (particularly without adequate conditioning), body fat content less than 15% to 17%, extreme obesity, and taking hormonal supplements.

Anxiety over a possible pregnancy may cause a missed period, thereby increasing the anxiety even further. Emotional distress from other causes can also cause a missed period.

Drugs such as busulfan, chlorambucil, cyclophosphamide, oral contraceptives, phenothiazines, and non-oral contraceptives (such as Norplant and Depo-Provera) can all cause scanty or missed periods. Also, procedures such as a dilation and curettage (D and C) can cause a woman to develop amenorrhea if scar tissue develops within the uterine cavity.

Early appearance of menopause may account for some cases (menopause is normal for women over age 45).

The incidence of secondary amenorrhea (due to some cause other than pregnancy) is about 4% in the general population.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
i'm reluctant to say why i'm asking... i'm being speculative.
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »
hey mike, that is fair enough...
but you have REASON for your concerns...there have been things come to light in some of the other roloff homes, that point to some problems n this area of suspicious happenings of no periods...
thanks
GLAD YOU ARE POKING AROUND HERE, IT NEEDS TO BE POKED AROUND LOUD AND CLEAR..CAUSE THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM TO BE...and never fear the lights cause lights bring understanding and that brings freedom .... and Justice!   ::rainbow::
they always kept the law and justice system tightly locked out, to hide what ever they felt that needed hiding....not everyone who worked there had a good heart..tho i do believe there were those workers who were sincere and honest, the little bit of leaven tho, ....geee...
glad you are poking round...
 ::bandit::

a rebekah survivor
 ::hatter::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »
I was there from Jan of '83 till Nov. '85  I remember the names you posted.

I agree with what you posted about Mrs. Barrett and how things were there.  

email me [email protected]

Lori

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roloffhomes/

This is a group on yahoo.  We have many people from different times and many of the Roloff homes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »
any of you ever heard of a man named michael palmer or brother palmer????? former students of roloff schools say he used to work ther also wiley cameron runs a school in pace florida called new beginings sick huh?

Offline Micks

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »
Really..I cannot believe I am writing this.  I was there in 1976.  I was 15 years old, had lost my Mother a year before.  Not a good emotional time for me.  Unreal that as I sit here at age 43, I find this.  I was there-I was beaten by Madame De Sade otherwise known as Mrs. Cameron.  If anyone else has taken that same paddle beating by her, had you noticed that eveil almost sexually satisfied gleam she got in her eye by inflicting pain?  Or that fat bastard Brother Rick Banion? Anyone ever gotten his little gifts?

I remember and everything posted on here is true.  To those of you who remember what went on in that place as a "good experience" I say this-

You were allowed no books
No freedom of worship (or not to worship)
No Newspapers
Cultlike mindless recitation
Physical Abuse (Should you decide that you do indeed have a mind and can use it)

Do you remember???

I have not been too emotionally damaged by my experience there.  I actually have grown to become a woman I am happy with.  How weird though that I carry this with me all the time.  
Anyone else have this with them all the time?

Feel free to contact me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »
Thank you for posting Micks! I was in there 77
it is true!
anyone else out there have "questionable" memories? Those of us who went thru those wierd foggy things, need to have a place to tell and know we are not alone in that, and realize it happened to some others there too, not all of them, obviously, but some

am glad this forum is here!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
Is it true that Mrs. Cameron either went to jail or had a restraining order keeping her away from children under the age of 18? Does anyone know about this?

Micks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »
Hi again,

As I said I was there in 1976.  My mother had just passed away and I wasn?t doing to well emotionally at home.  My concerned but misguided aunt found the Roloff traveling road show and I was sent off to Rebekah.  Anyway-I am stronger for it but not because of values that it instilled in me.  It taught me at the tender age of 15 what intolerance, hatred, prejudice and zealotry could do.  I?ve kept that with me all these years and am much better for it.  At age 43, I consider myself happy, healthy and well-adjusted.  At 15 though, the evil that men do in God?s name was a confusing proposition for me. I remember after the initial shock (I come from a large urban area) of Rebekah itself I tried my best to adjust.  I was a smart kid and I liked to keep informed of the world situation (yes, political even then).  I asked for a newspaper-No-No newspapers.  How about a book then?  Only the Bible you Blue Eyed Devil. (These are my words)  Unaccustomed as I was to being without some form of printed matter, I began to read the Bible earnestly.  Which of course gave me all kinds of questions-It went something like this-Aunt Neener-If Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel and they populated the world then who did Cain and Abel have children with?  Aunt Neener said I was wicked to think such thoughts. I needed faith she said as she went back to sewing costumes for Brother Roloff?s traveling Roadshow.  PT Barnum had nothing on him. He had quite a money-making enterprise.  ?Mrs. Cameron ? says I about a week later, ?How could one man have possibly gathered on the species on earth on one boat when God flooded the earth??  She hissed (much like the snake) I think.  I digress but I did want to frame it up for you.  About 5 girls decided that they would tie up old Aunt Neener one night and escape I believe through the office window.  I was not involved in the planning nor was I going to escape but when several were caught (2 got away-for a few weeks at least) I was implicated as knowing about it.
Well-Mrs. Cameron finally had a reason to beat me (or give me ?licks? as it was known to us, which is what I am quite sure her thoughts actually ran to).  She hit me so hard and so furiously that she broke the paddle and broke a good strong sweat.  She also hit me above my buttocks on my lower back which gave me mild incontinence for a good month thereafter.  Still I could not be ?saved?.  Hmmm?. Anyway-Just a quick idea of who I am.  I saw the abuse.  I was locked in a darkened room once for 3 days to contemplate my wickedness.  I saw the racial prejudice when they roomed the black girls that were there (only 2 as I can recall) together and picked constantly on one of the girls. Handcuffed in fact under a sink in a lock up room for days.  I saw this myself.  I didn?t just hear of it.
Oh-Then there was the time we had turkey for dinner because 60 Minutes was doing a piece on Roloff.  As I recall, I was allowed nowhere near them.  Only the shiny happy faces in those red and white Aunt Neener costumes.  Anyone else remember any of this or was it a bad trip?

Micks