Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 308950 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #1020 on: May 07, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »
Disagree, bad things also come from bad choices WE make
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 07, 2009, 08:38:58 PM »
The bad choices we make are a result of the devils influence.Donna R.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 08, 2009, 12:57:43 AM »
Quote from: "Melanie"
If you call yourselves a "survivor" of the Rebekah Homes, and your determined for your voice to be heard once and for all, why do you all seem  ashamed or afraid to leave your name?
Why so mysterious? Don't you want people to take you serious? What or who are you hiding from?
God Bless,
Melanie
(king)

Many of us visited here as guests prior to creating a username.  Fornits has a long history of non-censorship.  Some people have taken advantage of this and harassed others.  Some of us are not interested in that sort of complication.  In other platforms, people have attempted to present themselves as survivors, when in fact they were reporters or budding authors and just wanted to write about our experiences.  There are multitudes of reasons.  Just because I do not divulge my name initially to someone that at first glance appears to be hostile, doesn't mean I will not ever, it simply means I prefer to be cautious.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 12, 2009, 11:26:20 PM »
Still looking for Amy Roddy. If you know her, please ask her to contact me. Thank you. Nita Avery

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 31, 2009, 02:11:16 AM »
Quote from: "Jennifer Cole-Dennis"
Before I forget...anyone interrested in contacting me....here's my [email protected].... :peace:
Hi Jennifer, It's me Rubee Sandoval. I was goen through some old things     when I came across a little tin canister put far in back of one my dressers. Your picture along w/Tommie K. Jolinda A. Barbie B. Mary R. Natillie D an a few others were there. I just found out about his site a couple of yewrs ago. Wow! I live in San Antonio. Im on a neighbors computer. Heres my cell if your ever down these parts. Would luv to do lunch or just shoot the **@!*. Its cool to know that one of the girls that went through all of the crazy crazy with me is holden the flame. U go girl! Here it is 210-254-6139  :karma:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 20, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
Donna R....the devil is also written about (in the bible) as someone that is appealing and beautiful in order to fool us.  Roloff and the people he hired were taken by the devil and used in order to torture and mentally abuse little girls.  The fact that you were fooled (or maybe just have PTSD) could be chalked up to the only way you could survive such an ordeal.

Those of you who stick up for this tragedy never say anything other than "we loved him" and 'it was exactly what I needed"....did you love him for making you kneel on pencils or NEED to hear sermens over and over again over loud speakers?

If it was a great time for you...tell us what happened in a regular day?  What happened if you got in trouble?  Explain how you did not have the same treatment these other women had.  Maybe you did, you just feel so bad about yourself that you think you deserved it?  Or maybe it was the things you did to keep from being the one punished...tattling or simply making up things other people did...letting the dorm mom play doctor...helping abuse others?  Are you ashamed for the part you may have played in the harm of others?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 03, 2009, 01:54:39 AM »
I never harmed anyone nor did I want to. Futhermore I never saw anyone harmed in any way. Kneeling on pencils ? Never heard of that either. I believe you are the sheep in wolves clothing if you believe Bro. Roloff had any thing but serving God & doing God's will. If bad things happened to you or anyone else it WAS the work of the devil but I can promise you Bro. Roloff had NO part in it. I am grateful for being chosen to be there.
  Hope things are better for you now.
  Donna R.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 03, 2009, 06:15:54 AM »
I dont know why some people say they never saw a thing, but I DID and STILL have nightmares! 30 yrs later! Would Love to talk to others for healing/closure. NO ONE knows unless they were there..... Lisa Barrientos (formerly Banks) [email protected]
Please dont contact me to preach, havent been able to set foot in church or hear hymns w/o panic attacks etc. I say my prayers daily, w/o any abuse...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 03, 2009, 06:21:05 AM »
Quote from: "Guest: Lisa Banks"
I dont know why some people say they never saw a thing, but I DID and STILL have nightmares! 30 yrs later! Would Love to talk to others for healing/closure. NO ONE knows unless they were there..... Lisa Barrientos (formerly Banks) [email protected]
Please dont contact me to preach, havent been able to set foot in church or hear hymns w/o panic attacks etc. I say my prayers daily, w/o any abuse...
Forgot to state I was @ Rebekah in Corpus 1980....w/Camerons..... looking for Donna Parsons....

Offline Lisa Ann

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 04, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »
I was @ Rebekah in Corpus in 79-80, w/the Camerons, Ms. Thomas, Miss Sue, Mis Sherry..... I kneeled, I had bruises that covered my entire backside. Is been over 30 yrs and I am still an emotional trainwreck, as we MOST seem to be..... I also suffered terrible feminine issues n have had a hysterectomy. I only stumbled acrosss these sites in the last 24 hours, n many of the posts are old, but the song remains the same. I hope to find the girls I was there with and I hold every single victim and/or survivor in my heart, in that buried place no one sees thanks to REBEKAH/ROLOFF "programming system".... and absolutely the "farm kids" were victims too! And what do you think some Ex-staff offenders were doing when they had their lil"slumber parties" in the closet! I didnt mean to sound so heated but Im going thru extreme amount of emotional upheaval from seeing all the pix and reading n remembering...... I hope with all my being that they are not even around their own grandkids! Bro. Cameron was no angel either. I thank God that he is finally bringing us all together so we can at least talk to each other. Because the wounds never heal and the nightmares never stop...... I can be reached at    [email protected]. but dont try to preach to me...I still believe n say my prayers, but cannot step foot in a church or hear hymns w/o anxiety n panic attacks..... MUCH LOVE @ ALL SURVIVORS whether I knew u or not, we are connected...
Lisa Banks
(donna Parsons, Reggie Brown, where is everyone?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 18, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »
I was one of the first girls at rebekah home for girls. When i got there it was just Brother Lester Roloff's home for unwed mothers and wayward girls. I was sent there in 1968. When i got there it was a cluster of trailer houses with a little shed in the center and a small long building that the meals were prepared in. The Weatherfords ran the home at that time. they had 2 sons that lived there with them. There were 10 - 12 girls in each trailer house. the food we ate had to be baked or boiled. for dessert we had a choice of sliced pineapple, peaches or pears with or without cottage cheese. we were only allowed raw goats milk or water to drink. we had to wear dresses or skirts only. we had to get on our knees and sit back on our feet and if our hemline didnt touch the floor, 1st time they ripped the hem out of our skirt. second time you got 2 lashes from a razor strap across the back side of your thighs. no shorts or pants of any type or length was allowed. we were not allowed choclate, sugar or caffiene. we went to public school then. i was in West Oso High. we were not allowed to leave the school grounds and there other girls at the school from the home to tell if they saw you off school grounds. one girl in my trailor wanted to walk down to a store and wanted me to go with her. i refused to go so she went to the weatherfords and told them i was smoking at school. i got 10 lashes from a razor strap. i had blood welps from my lower back to the top of my knees. one of the kids at school saw the welps on my legs and told the counselor at school. i was called into the office at school and was asked about the marks on my legs and i informed them i couldnt talk about it.  the same girl from my trailer went to the weatherfords again and told them i had told the school about the whipping i got and i recieved 10 more lashes. when you got lashes from the razor strap, mr weatherford took to his bedroom and whipped you there. and then told you you were to tell anyone about it. i was not allowed phone calls from home or mail for a month. another time i got whipped, same girl from my trailer told the weatherfords that i had chocolate bars and chips. nothing was ever found but i got the razor strap anyway. one of the girls in my trailer ran away from the home. she was caught and brought back to the home. she got beat with the razor strap and locked in a little shed in the center of the compound. it had 1 very small window in the shed. during the summer it is very hot in corpus and there was no shade around the shed. she was in the shed for 3 weeks. and the weatherford will tell us all, during bible study, that if we try to run we would be put in the shed. i made friends with one of the pregnant girls there. she 7 months pregnant. she got caught eating sugar cookies and got the razor strap. she had to go to the hospital and she lost her baby.the weatherfords kept us in such fear. it was the worst 1 1/2 years of my life. i have so many horror stories of my time at the rebekah home. I was there when when the foundation of the Home was poured and watched the home being built.i went home 1 month before the girls moved into the dorm.

Offline susan

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 18, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »
Wow, that really hurt reading. I sure hope you are okay now.Really sorry you went through that. :rose:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 18, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
I just noticed i didnt put my name on my post.. I am Carol. I am still haunted by my time at rebekah. I wonder what happened to raymond and ernestine weatherford. i heard once that they were arrested but i dont know for a fact. its been almost 41 years since i was sent there and today i do not wear belts because a strap of leather scares me. i had dreams of for years that the weatherfords would come and get me again with that razor strap. and i still get afraid when i am accused of something i didnt do.

Offline susan

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:09 PM »
I hope he died. Sorry but I do, those type to me are not human.When they all die the abuse will stop. I was also abused  in a place, not that one, that one sounds  like it was over the Top abusive. Gee z, what is wrong with people to even think of laying a hand on anyone. I am Happy you survived these long year's to now talk openly about it.  I  kept it inside for years, I feel better letting all know how I feel about those type of places. Hope it scares every parents to protect their children from places like this. Stay strong, thank you Carol for sharing. Peace. :peace:

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 18, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
If you'll send me an e-mail, I'll get you in touch with a couple people who should know about Granny & Poppa Weatherford.  [email protected]
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca