Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 309030 times)

Offline =

• View Profile
Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: = on 2005-06-15 01:33 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline =

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: = on 2005-06-15 01:34 ]

Offline =

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: = on 2005-06-15 01:34 ]

Offline =

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: = on 2005-06-15 01:35 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
Here are my answers to these questions.  I do, however, question the person asking them.  What is your interest in this forum?  Are you a survivor, a relative, an activist?

1. Why were you put into these religious juvenile homes?

I ran away from home and my mother sent me there to avoid the state investigating why.

2. Were you given counseling before or during the stay at these homes?

does going to shrinks for years prior and years after count?

3. Did these homes have any positive impacts on your life as an adult who functions as a citizen of the United States?

Not in any way I can think of

4. Did these homes have any negative impacts on your life as an adult who functions as a citizen of the US?

yes, I have serious commitment issues

5. Have you suffered mentally or emotionally because of the kind of treatement found in these extreme religious homes?

Yes

6. Have your prospered mentally or emotionally because of the kind of treatment foudn in these homes?

No, I don't think so

7. Has the experiences you have gone through in these Homes brought you closer to God as some of your parents had hoped for?

Not at all, I came to God many years later on my own

8. Have the experiences you have gone through in these homes caused you to revolt away from the God of the Bible?

For many years it did

9. Has the homes helped you to thrive in the world as a person who can give to thier community or has it left you shortchanged in your ability to interact healthily in the community around you? Meaning have you found yourself handicapped in knowing how to give your time in work in the community to bring social help to it?

Hard to say how much the homes actually affected me, but I share a lot of issues with other survivors

10. What do you say is the number 1 cause that brought you to the homes? i.e. what was the straw that broke the camels back , that opened the door to these places for you in your young life?

Pastor recommendation

11. Was there ever a time during your stay in the homes that you were not given fair medical treatment for any illness or physical problem?

I never really had a health problem, but saw it happen several times with other girls.

12. Was there ever a time in your stay that you were given medical treatment without proper medical documentation of it? or , Given prescriptive medications without proper prescription by a Safe Medical doctor?

No, medication was avoided.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
Sasafras who are you? What are you going to do with this info? Why hasn't anyone ever tried to get back onto 60 minutes and talked about these issues?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »
1. Why were you put into these religious homes?
I was sneaking out and partying. My dad cut my hair off as punishment and I ran away from home. They didn't know what else to do so they sent me away when they conned me into to going on vacation with them to bring the family closer together.

2.Were you given couseling before or during the stay at these homes?
no

3.Did these homes have any positive impacts on your life as an adult who functions as a citizen of the US?
no

4.Did these homes have any negative impacts on your life as an adult who functions as a citizen of the US?
YES

5.Have you suffered mentally or emotionally because of the kind of treatment found in these homes?
YES

6.Have prospered mentally or emotionally because of the kind of treatment in these homes?
no

7.Has the experiences you have gone through in these homes brought you closer to God as some of your parents had hoped for?
no the opposite

8.Has the experiences you have gone through in these homes caused you to revolt away from the God of the Bible?
Yes but I still believe in him

9.Has the homes helped you to thrive in the world as a person who can give to ther community or has left you shortchanged in your ability to interact healthily in the community around you? Meaning have you found yourself handicapped in knowing how to give your time in work in the community to brig social help to it?
Shortchanged and handicapped but I work hard at changing my inabilities.

10. What do you say is the number 1 cause the brought you to the homes?
pastor

11.Was there ever a time during your stay in the homes that you were not given fair medical treatment for any illness or physical problem?
no

12.Was there ever a time in your stay that you were given medical treatment without proper medical documentation of it? or, Given prescriptive medications without proper prescription by a Safe medical doctor?
no

13.Was there any love given from any one staff member in the place?
no

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
1. Why were you put into these religious juvenile homes?
I was tricked into going.i did alot of drugs and stuff.

2. Were you given counseling before or during the stay at these homes?
I had seen a psychiatrist a few years before.

3. Did these homes have any positive impacts on your life as an adult who functions as a citizen of the United States?

4. Did these homes have any negative impacts on your life as an adult who functions as a citizen of the US?
Yes

5. Have you suffered mentally or emotionally because of the kind of treatement found in these extreme religious homes?
Yes

6. Have your prospered mentally or emotionally because of the kind of treatment foudn in these homes?
No

7. Has the experiences you have gone through in these Homes brought you closer to God as some of your parents had hoped for?
No

8. Have the experiences you have gone through in these homes caused you to revolt away from the God of the Bible?
Yes

9. Has the homes helped you to thrive in the world as a person who can give to thier community or has it left you shortchanged in your ability to interact healthily in the community around you? Meaning have you found yourself handicapped in knowing how to give your time in work in the community to bring social help to it?
Handicapped

10. What do you say is the number 1 cause that brought you to the homes? i.e. what was the straw that broke the camels back , that opened the door to these places for you in your young life?
My friends mother.

11. Was there ever a time during your stay in the homes that you were not given fair medical treatment for any illness or physical problem?
I don't think I was ever sick.

12. Was there ever a time in your stay that you were given medical treatment without proper medical documentation of it? or , Given prescriptive medications without proper prescription by a Safe Medical doctor?
I was given a pill once.Don't know what it was.I was forced to drink epsom salts often.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2005, 12:21:00 AM »
13. Just by reading this quick and effective log of what IS abuse, can you say you were abused in the homes?
Yes

Offline wrathfulhoof1

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »
hey all my name is eric sharman i was in anchor from jan 82 to jan 85. thought i would cum in and say hey all
too am alive and kickin after anchortraz

Offline wrathfulhoof1

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, we have all been in the roloff homes, so fucking what! how long has it been? me over 20 god damned years, i've gotten over it, have you? yes we were all abused. are you abusing children now? so whats the point? do ya'll need this pity party?get over it. yer not in the homes now, all we can do is make sure kids dont get put in homes such as these. homes r sprouting all over the states in the name of god, what god? dont whine about the past shit we all went through, do something now! dont be a panzy. search for those that hurt u and bring retrobution to their eyes.
                               eric sharman
                               anchortraz 82-85 :flame:

Offline mitzy

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
hi eric .well you definatley got your point across! some of these people had terrible problems before the homes, and i think the homes made them much worse. you dont know there backgrounds so you cant tell them to get over it. Really. i do though like your point on doing something about it,the homes need someone to shut them down for good. ive talked about a civil suit but havent proceeded.

Offline wrathfulhoof1

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »
being in the homes for 2 1/2 yrs gave me insight to many of the home lives prior to the homes.the homes were worse for many.i myself would have rather been in the homes then be at with my family. i have met up with many lets call them grads of the homes, and i talk to many online, we have discovered that the past is the past. i witnessed many things while in corpus, and the main word is witnessed.i have been approached by a few lawyers and NO MATTER WHAT COURT YOU GO TO, YOU WILL LOSE THE CASE!!!!! fuck the courts! get even the way they abused you. i have,so ya'll might as well get on the band wagon.

Offline mitzy

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
and how do you get even the way they abused us?
they abuse so we are suposed to abuse?
now thats sounds reasonable!!! NOT!

Offline wrathfulhoof1

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »
first off my name is eric sharman, i was in anchor from 82 to 85.if u dont identify yourself DO NOT RESPOND TO ME!!!!! i know most of the people that were thee from the time that i was there. even the rebekah girls remember me, so people if your to chicken shit to indentify yourself---> GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!!!! :flame: