Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 314611 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #990 on: November 06, 2008, 06:43:49 AM »
Quote from: [quote
"wrathfulhoof1"]NO SHE DOESNT LIE!!!! I TOO AM A SURVIVOR OF THE ROLOFF HOMES!!! I am a former roloff attendee. I can vouch for most of the stories that have happened and can add many more since i was a particpant from anchrtraz from 82-85
             eric
               hoof to those that know me[/quote]
i'm rubee. this is true.tommie kelly, mary russel, yall were there w/me.84-85
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:59 AM »
Rubee, was your last name Sandoval?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 15, 2008, 03:11:16 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Hi Kim,

I was there from '83 - '85.  I wonder if we knew eachother.  This is Lori Schnabl.  I lived with the Palmers, I think they only had daughters.  I knew of the one that died in the crash and of another.  But a son?  I'm not sure.  I've forgotten a lot.

email me http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roloffhomes/

Lori
Its me Rubee Sandoval. I remeber you. Im looking for tommie kelly.She helped me with the madness in 84-85.h

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 15, 2008, 04:03:17 AM »
Quote from: [/quote
"Yvette"]Rubee, was your last name Sandoval?
Yes. Did u know Barbi Barbee, Ester Tahj, Jolinda Anderson, Mellisa ? The Millisa who was always smiling and who remembers when we put baby-powder in her blow dryer an told her they called dinner early while she was in the shower. She was a good sport.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 15, 2008, 04:16:18 AM »
Quote from: "Yvette"
I dont have a home computer. I live in San Antonio TX.Id love to hear from any of our sisters who shared that time with me and you.My #210-249-1558 Iv never forgot yall.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 15, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »
I dont have a home computer. I live in San Antonio TX.Id love to hear from any of our sisters who shared that time with me and you.My #210-249-1558 Iv never forgot yall.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 15, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 16, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
YES-YES-YES
After all these years. I cant believe there is a chance I could get some of my medical issuse answered. I too miss-carried my first preg. I later had a daughter who is now 15. She is such a blessing. Thats why it is important for me to know if there is anything they put in our food & ect. Even after I came home from Rebkah (July 85) , my periods were hit & miss and only lasted 2 or 3 days. Is this something I could have unknowing passed on to my daughter? Just wondering.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 16, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »
Rubee, send me an E-mail at [email protected], I want to share some information.

(Roloff survivor, circa late '88 to late '89, yep after they were officially closed...I lived in a trailer with the Provorses, and four other girls.)
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:58 PM »
Rubee,
I remember all those girls except Melissa.  I am on the roloff homes group on yahoo, or you can reach me at [email protected].  There are a few of us from that time on the group.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 25, 2008, 10:30:57 PM »
How funny, I have not been on this site in a long time!!  And now I find your post.

How are you?

Lori

Quote from: "rubee4tommie"
Hi Kim,

I was there from '83 - '85.  I wonder if we knew eachother.  This is Lori Schnabl.  I lived with the Palmers, I think they only had daughters.  I knew of the one that died in the crash and of another.  But a son?  I'm not sure.  I've forgotten a lot.

Lori
Its me Rubee Sandoval. I remeber you. Im looking for tommie kelly.She helped me with the madness in 84-85.h

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 26, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »
Quote from: "Lori"
How funny, I have not been on this site in a long time!!  And now I find your post. hi Lori, you said you lived on the farm for awhile after Rebekah closed? What was that like? And do you stay in contact with anyone from there? Being in a place such as that one, how is your view on it? I'd like to think all of us should have been able to have some type of learning or wake up call. One,is even if you find yourself in a bad place, life is what you make it. Life gives us choices. We can choose to be happy,or we can choose to be unhappy. I'v grabbed on to the happy. Life too long to be unhappy. Because when your unhappy, it seems as though life gose by so slow an you just wanna get it over with. I feel a new since of purpose.But for every loss I'v had life has replaced it with so many blessings. Most of all, the fact that I'm still here says alot. (There are no victims, just voulenters)I heard it from Dr.Phill. I don't watch his show much but I sure like the way he put that.I am not victim nor will I be a voulenter. I think we all can say WE ARE SURVIVORS-SISTER-SURVIVORS!!!  From: Rubee Sandoval Rebekah-girl 84-85

How are you?

Lori

Quote from: "rubee4tommie"
Hi Kim,

Lori

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 11, 2008, 12:19:31 AM »
My mother(Nancy Lynn Harrison) was in the jubilee home for women during the year of 1980 I believe. I was wondering if anyone knew her during that time, and if so, do you have
any memories of what happened to her there? She has no memory(partial amnesia) of that time, and I just wondered if someone could remember for her. My name is Janelle and my email is [email protected]   I would appreciate any info, since my mom does not remember and I am trying to retrace her life.  Thank you so much...

Also, my brother Chad was sent to the anchor house I believe in 1996/97 I believe, and escaped. If anyone has any info on that home or him, it would be much appreciated.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 08, 2009, 11:35:17 AM »
that's a little far fetched, I believe.
I was in REbekah in 84-85 and I don't support the homes simply because I don't believe in parents sending their children away simply because they can't handle them anymore.  The rules in the homes, although strict and hard to follow, are really biblical.  I admire Roloff for having the conviction to follow them.  The sad part of that is that he really believed that by making teenagers live by those rules for a year, they would become better people.  If a person does not truly intrinsically accepted these values, that person will not only not change, but grow to resent it.  The real crime in these homes was mind control.  It became a place where bullies could have total authority if they followed the rules to the dorm parent's standards.  Weaker girls were picked on and humiliated.  I will not say there weren't abusive methods of punishment, that would make me a liar.  I will not say people were not molested, I can only say I wasn't and I never heard of anyone experiencing it while I was there.  I know a lot of things were kept silent because it wouldn't have been good for the homes if anyone got wind of it.  But a lot of other accusations are merely speculation and we shouldn't say it unless it actually happened to us, or we are certain, without a doubt that it occured.  Otherwise we are slandering, which makes us just as bad as anyone else.

I am a Rebekah girl, not survivor. I was there at the same time you were, 84-85, what is your name? I absolutely agree with everything you've stated. I personally never experienced the things other girls have and I am deeply sorry for their experience. With everything I witnessed and experience there myself, I choose to believe that the things that are being shared on here are true.

[email protected]
Beverly Henson now Scott

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 08, 2009, 10:51:25 PM »
On 2005-11-03 07:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i was under the camerons. faye cameron got in trouble in the state of texas. now they are in florida."
do they still work in homes. i was in texas. in 83 84 what year were you in the homes.

Hi,  I was in Rebekah in 83-84. Who is this? Would love to talk.

[email protected]