Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 318287 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #735 on: December 10, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »
On 2005-12-10 10:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So will he forgive the taking of another mans life? That started as self defence, because I was beaten so badly? But ended up being an accident? Would he do that? Or am I damned to hell? :???: Because he is not the only one who died that day, I did too. It has been my hell since."

yes dear..... it too is under the blood.... no one remembers it in heaven.... and when you get there you wont either..... so fogive dear and live on .....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 10, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
In my disgust, I?ve let religion go. Ask me if I?m saved and I?ll say, whatever jargon you want to call it does not matter to me. What matters is not someone saying the right words, but what is in the heart. If you had an auto accident, for instance and someone was killed, that seems to fall into the shit happens category. Don?t understand why so many bad things happen to people. Just know that this world does not make sense and it is best to trust that there is an intelligent, loving source who will make sense of it all in the end.
its good to let religion go.... religion is tradition and has really little to do with god and ur heart.... why things bad happen to good peeps.... i dont know dear.... some things because of choices we make ... some things because of choices others make... and some things we wont know till we look in the MASTERS FACE....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 15, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »
On 2005-12-10 13:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Been to the ?record room?, huh? I guess we all have to deal with who we are, and what we have done in our lives. I?m no saint, but I don?t have the fear and dread you describe. Did once, it came from all the self-effacing humbling preaching, but I decided it is more important, and MUCH better for my mental health to forgive myself for being human and remember we create each moment. We touch others daily. Life is a dynamic thing and we touch people in tiny ways we may not even remember that can effect major decisions someone else makes. We were not given the power to see the effects of our actions directly in most cases. I believe in just living my life honestly.

I mean, what is all this 'sin' business? Guess I am really a far cry from the girl who left the Rebekah home. But I?m tired of someone else defining 'sin' for me. I am an honest, decent person who makes mistakes. I refuse to shiver in my panties worrying about what judgment God is going to dole out to me for thinking for myself. I don?t try to ?lead people to the Lord? (although I?m not condemning that) but to show Creator?s love. A lot of people, like myself, have been hurt badly by people who claim to be ?Christians? and then show anything BUT Christ love.

In my disgust, I?ve let religion go. Ask me if I?m saved and I?ll say, whatever jargon you want to call it does not matter to me. What matters is not someone saying the right words, but what is in the heart. If you had an auto accident, for instance and someone was killed, that seems to fall into the shit happens category. Don?t understand why so many bad things happen to people. Just know that this world does not make sense and it is best to trust that there is an intelligent, loving source who will make sense of it all in the end.

In my humble opinion, I don?t see that it would matter much if we COULD clone Jesus (or Einstein or Hitler). All you would get is genetic make-up that would trace his physical heritage. It seems to me, all our bodies are is a vehicle for the spirit anyway. Some people have intelligence, musical ability, etc, but what really defines someone is not as much the vehicle we enter the world in, but what we do with it. We can develop our bodies and our talents, but it takes spirit and will to do so.

My conscience does not exist to beat me into submission, but to operate like an internal compass that keeps me heading pretty much in the right direction. And if I wander a little, no big deal...we are all human. Even the planets wander a little in their orbits. The tsunami made the earth wander a bit on it?s axis.

The important thing is be on track. What is 'on track'? I think each person must define that for themselves. We were given brains, intuition and spirit that can guide each of us. If I screw up really bad, I might feel the need to make some reparation of some sort, or may have to suffer some consequences but God is still in control. If I wake up in the morning alive, there must be a reason I?ve been given another day to live. God is REALLY big. I don't think we mere mortals could even grasp how big.

I love science. Science is man's search for Truth. If a scientific FACT goes against something I believe in, something needs revising, and it is sometimes my belief system. Spiritual growth comes from all kinds of sources. Other times, the science is flawed and it gets revised eventually. The whole evolution vs. creation argument seems silly to me, because in the end we ARE here, it IS a miracle, and however it happened is really not the point. Some day people may understand the details of how we got here, but it won?t take away the miracle of it all.

I don?t think feeling guilty does anything positive for you unless you are doing something you need to change. Personally, it upsets me to see how much guilt has been doled out by pastors and priests. If I?m gonna feel guilty, by damn it is going to be for something I did, not for BEING who I am. I choose to live my life with eyes as open as possible, love myself, others and my Creator as much as possible, then get up the next day and try to do it better learning each day.

"
I think sometimes we are harder on ourselves than other people, or at least I am. I expect much more from me then even other people do. At times I even over do, guilty for never leaving well enough alone. Everything must have a place, I like all the pieces to fit, and if they don't? Then I must find out what went wrong. I have the overwhelming urge to take it all apart and put it back togather until it works, On top of that I seem to be my own worst enemy. Forgiving my self has never come easy for me. Forgiving other people piece of cake. I love and trust most people whole hearted so if they hurt me it runs deep. I jump into things with all fours be it good or bad. It is all the way or nothing with me. Nothing is Black and white for me, There is always room for change there is always another color to try or another direction to take. And if at the end of that road I discover something grate I will go get everyone I love to share it. Wining the lotto would do me no good because I would probably give it all away. I have never been a selfish person. I am an open book, Yet few really read me or know me.
A lot of people will skim over the pages, But no has ever took the time to do nothing more than scratch the surface. Some view me as a algebra book-I am much to complicated to learn.
And way too much trouble.
I believe as you do, that we do create each moment in our life's, I also believe we can be blindsided by the moments others take from our life's. Unfortunately are not refundable. As for the moments we give- priceless! I believe everything we do effects the people around us love them or not even strangers. Living life honestly is a good thing but not always an easy thing. Most truths are somethings people flat refuse to see. They don't want to know the complicated versions of ones life. It is to painful or they don't care or they simply love you to much to know truths.
They want an easy button. Rose colored glasses.
I respect you for the girl who left Rebekah and what seems to me- did not let it drown you and have risen above. I think it is awesome that you are a capable person who thinks for them self, acknowledges that you have flaws takes responsibility for them and still feel proud at the end of the day that you did your very best.
Most people can not be in the same room with themselves because they don't like themselves. Thing is the more they don't like themselves the more they blame everyone else for thier misery.
Of course misery loves company, So they recruit others misery. Still miserable but now not alone.
I understand what you mean when you say it is hard to trust people claiming to be "Christians". It is hard for me to. Some of the meanest cruelest people I ever meet where calming to be Christians! It is too bad  there is not another name for them! All though what comes to my mind is hypocrite, In the worst sense of the word.
I think religion falls in the same category as republican or democrat "They are all lie-rs"! I find comfort in your words" What matters is not someone saying the right words, but what is in the heart. Don?t understand why so many bad things happen to people. Just know that this world does not make sense and it is best to trust that there is an intelligent, loving source who will make sense of it all in the end."
I understand what you are saying, When you say if someone dies in an auto accident "Shit Happens" I take it to meaning it was an accident and I should let it go. I should, I know...I think when bad things happen we all tell ourselves- What if I would have done this or that? There has been a lot of what ifs in my life. I am sure there is a lot of things we would have all done differently if we could have had a second chance. I know I would have.
Gwd I wish it was as simple as that. We are all held accountable for our actions. Unfortunately
our actions not only hurt us but effect others also. Which has been the hardest part for me.
He had a mother and dad brother and sister and friends and I fifteen year old girl who was pregnant by him, so probably a child to that I am held accountable for hurting. And there just are no words for what it has felt like to face them. I have found it debilitating and has crippled not only me but them for life.
My biggest regret is that  I wish it would of been him taking my life instead  me taking his.
Even though it was a accident, It doesn't change that it still happened. His last words to me where that he knew I did not mean to do it. I still don't feel that lets me off the hook.
I believe he took my little girls life Yet I still can not muster up the strength to forgive myself. It feels like a bad bad dream. It is still hard to believe it happened. He was my first love. I never thought or could imagine this would or could happen. I have had it for breakfast lunch and super since I was 21. Remorse dose not even come close to the regret I feel. My conscience dose beat be into submission. It is like a monster under my bed.
No body sees it but me. As for my internal compass I trust it with all my might. It is the only thing left that no one could take from me.
I must trust myself in that I am headed in the right direction. And as I get older I have found it to be quite handy. My instincts are usually right on. I listen and pay attention to them.
Didn't when I was young. Do Now.
I also believe it is important to stay on track. But every now and again I run out of power steering fluid, If you know what I mean, I can still stear but it is hard to hold the wheel.
Like you said God is in control and when I can't hold on the wheel he has always taken it and gave me a safe place to fall. He has carried me through a lot. He is all that I trust. As for everyone else I would be lying if I said I did not sleep with one eye open, I do. Most times when people think you are sleeping reveal their true self's. I have learned a lot from leaving one eye open. I think we have all danced with someone who has stepped on our toes and if they ask us to dance again we know that they are again going to step on our toes but we still let them.
I am true at heart and believe that most things are not intentional, However happen still the same.
I will take your advise that nothing positive can come out of feeling guilty.Well other than learning from it of course. But is good advise Thank-You. You are a good writer friend. But you know what makes a grate writer is a grate listener. Thank-You again for taking the time to listen without judging. I do not know you but will remember the stranger that took the time to hear me really hear me and offer good advise.
You have a wonderful out look on life and are inspiring. I am better for meeting you even if just once.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 15, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
shove me in the shallow waters
before I get to deep
What I am
is what I am
are you what you are or what?
    Edie Brickell

We are discussing a very complicated subject.  If anyone knew the answers, life would be so much easier, wouldn't it?
But life is what it is.  It throws good and bad at us and the difference is our attitude towards it.  We learn through our mistakes, we benefit through our victories.  All we can do is say, I will become better even now.  Be a good neighbor, treat others as you want to be treated.  This is a truth found in all religions.  It's very basic, and very hard to follow sometimes.  just be at peace with yourself and your creator.  that is what will make you sleep well at night.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 16, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »
No, no condemnation from here. I just feel sad about what happened and how badly it hurt you. I'm glad you can see, at least, that what happened was not intentional. It sounds like you were forced into a corner and acted like God designed us to act. What I mean is, self-defense is an instict, not a choice! I don't think any loving God would hold you eternally accountable for something that was out of your control.

I would change MANY things if I had them to do over, but all we can do is make the best decissions we know how at the time we make them. Have I ever been blindsided? YES. For one, I'd sure never have married MY ex. I would have been more sensitive to people and done more for others too. AND LEARNED HOW TO STAND UP FOR MYSELF! (opps, sorry for yellin'; that's my sopbox ::armed:: I'm goin' in with firepower (in real life, lawyers) to force him to abide by what little I did get in the divorce agreement. He will be very surprised.

And I dont feel the least bit guilty for standing up for myself either. In fact I would feel guilty if I just rolled over and played dead. That would only allow the evil in him to win. So join the rest of the imperfect human race. We need good people, and were all learning.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 16, 2005, 05:38:00 AM »
go get him! what divorced and he what! the audacity! throw the book at him and everthing else throwable... throught attorney of course!!! and stand tall.... it is indeed a new day... a new world... your new day... your new world!!!  just never forget it came by god's grace or you'd still be in the old one!  i adore your convictions to stand strong... and you have my prayers in you indevour... been there .. done that... it wasnt easy!!! had no one to stand by me, no one to encourage me, no one to talk to about it...just god.... not even an attorney.... just god... that one went to the big jail and year later so did the other.... another i didnt even bother with and life gave him a worse hand than it did me....i'm not bragging... its an awful thing to see god's vengence on another humam being...yeah i know i left out many details but we all here been threw enough hell or seen enough hell or been in deep enough hell to paint that picture and it not be far from wrong.... i am very thankful that regardless of the where or how or why... the god has been faithful and has been there even tho i couldnt see it at time...it is that faithfulness ... god's faithfulness ... that allows me the sanity of mind to be able to sit where i sit with the health i have... do i have regrets... yes.... do i fight memories i would rather never remember ... yes.... but i have found out too that i have the ablility to either bathe in it or shake myself loose of it and thank god for his mercy and grace to be able to take my next breathe... take another step to a better life ... and prayerfully bathe in the strengths and grace god has been so unwarrantedly blessing me with..... for me it clears away the ugly.... and allows me LIGHT to continue to live...my days are numbered but i can say i have lived them fully regrets and all...all i have asked my FATHER for of late was to be able to make or say a difference in someones life in a way no one did for me....pray to share a smile..let in a ray of SONLIGHT .. where only darkness appears...give back a bit a pride where pride had been stolen....having done this then i can reach THE LIGHTS OF HOME with a smile and know HE'LL BE THERE ARMS WIDE OPEN  to help me across THE SHINING SEA....   thanks  A

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 16, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
Thanks Friend..... :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 16, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

On 2005-12-10 14:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"So will he forgive the taking of another mans life? That started as self defence, because I was beaten so badly? But ended up being an accident? Would he do that? Or am I damned to hell? :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 16, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

On 2005-12-10 14:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"So will he forgive the taking of another mans life? That started as self defence, because I was beaten so badly? But ended up being an accident? Would he do that? Or am I damned to hell? :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 16, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
On 2005-12-15 16:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"shove me in the shallow waters

before I get to deep

What I am

is what I am

are you what you are or what?

Edie Brickell

We are discussing a very complicated subject.  If anyone knew the answers, life would be so much easier, wouldn't it?

But life is what it is.  It throws good and bad at us and the difference is our attitude towards it.  We learn through our mistakes, we benefit through our victories.  All we can do is say, I will become better even now.  Be a good neighbor, treat others as you want to be treated.  This is a truth found in all religions.  It's very basic, and very hard to follow sometimes.  just be at peace with yourself and your creator.  that is what will make you sleep well at night.

"

Now hwy did you go and do that? That song has been stuck in my head all night :exclaim:  :wink:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 16, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »
On 2005-12-10 14:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"In my disgust, I?ve let religion go. Ask me if I?m saved and I?ll say, whatever jargon you want to call it does not matter to me. What matters is not someone saying the right words, but what is in the heart. If you had an auto accident, for instance and someone was killed, that seems to fall into the shit happens category. Don?t understand why so many bad things happen to people. Just know that this world does not make sense and it is best to trust that there is an intelligent, loving source who will make sense of it all in the end.

its good to let religion go.... religion is tradition and has really little to do with god and ur heart.... why things bad happen to good peeps.... i dont know dear.... some things because of choices we make ... some things because of choices others make... and some things we wont know till we look in the MASTERS FACE.... "

Say it but don't spray it :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 17, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
Ultimate Power!
The most powerful liquid in the world!

A little boy was sitting on the curb with a gallon of turpentine and shaking it up and watching all the bubbles. A little while later a Priest came along and asked the little boy what he had. The little boy replied, "This is the most powerful liquid in the world, it's called turpentine."

The Priest said, "No, the most powerful liquid in the world is Holy Water. If you take some of this Holy Water and rub it on a pregnant women's belly, she'll pass a healthy baby."
The little boy replied, "You take some of this here turpentine and rub it on a cat's butt and he'll pass a Harley Davidson."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 17, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »
The only way I will go to the shinning sea is if I can take my fishing pole. :razz:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 17, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
The little girl builder  :rofl:

"Here's a truly heart-warming story about the bond formed between a little 5 year old girl and some construction workers that makes you believe that we CAN make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time..."
A young family moved into a house, next door to a vacant lot.
One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a couple of dollars.

The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the two dollar "pay" she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay-check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with the crew building the house next door to us."

My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those assholes at Home Depot ever deliver the fucking sheet rock..."

Kind of brings a tear to the eye
 :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 19, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
Well, guess I didn't share any of the background behind the divorce. But vengance is not exactly the word. And I dont know where God is in this, but I don't believe in praying for things to miraculously work out, but doing what I have to do.

I was bullied into the divorce because ex decided he wanted to move his girlfriend (who I did not know existed)into our home. I was naive and in shock at the things the man I had called my husband for so long was doing. He had planned stuff behind my back and when I finally saw what whas coming down I didn't know what to do. I ended up with crappy representation, so he kept nearly everything and I got out with my life. (That is a long story I don't care to share).

I was able to live with that, but when he chose to ruin the rest of my life because he wanted MORE, it became time to quit being nice. One thing he did was take out a second mortgage on our very expensive house instead if putting it in his name as agreed, and he used part of the money to take the girlfriend to Europe. So I'm stuck with his huge debts on my credit, more than I could ever pay off. I must fight him in court or declare bankrupcy. There is more, there is always more in cases like this, but I'm not out for revenge...revenge is what you do when you desire to get even. The ex is trying to squash the life out of me so he does not have to pay alimony and I'm fighting to survive.

Just had the crash course in survival of the fittest, and nobody else give a shit.

Not that I expect you or anyone to give a rat's ass about my stupid problems, but I can choose to run away from them or fight. I choose to fight.

The girls home certainly never prepared me for this. Nice obedient wives don't have this happen do they? The answer is Yes! We were not prepeared for the real world and now I'm having to learn hard lessons.