Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 306986 times)

Offline wardco99

• View Profile
Re: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-min
« Reply #1245 on: October 30, 2011, 11:12:48 PM »
i was in anchor home in zapata in 1972 it changed my life in a good way i am greatful for what they did for me there should be more homes like that was but the truth is the goverment wasnt making any money on the program
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline paulumsted

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 05, 2011, 11:54:35 PM »
i was in the anchor home for boys in79and i have to say that i was treated acourding to the way i acted ,we worked but evrybody did there jobs that were asigned to them if u didnt you were punished. there was free and yes like tthe girl said all the oranges and watermellion .iwould eat oranges tell ,well im sure she knows what i mean.in all i leearned a lote but note spelling :the bible tells us teach a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it well im 53 now i reaised to boys ones in prison ones made me a grandad i eally am sorry that thing bad happen to good peaple and to look at rebeca girls home when we were there we thought that they had it made smiles it seemed thet you girls were happy  .let me say that when there was a new gay that would come in some not all were not going to do noughting but what they wanted ,lol its funny now but we could tell,that when he got called in the office ,it was on we would be up stairs counting the licks beleave me i was in that office more then i care to menchion.but now when i think about it it talt me that me hav to pay for what we do  and iv never been in prisson the lord has put up with me over the years i came out  of there iv had some scrapes along the way but thanks to the teachings from brother oxferd and the paddling,iv made it in this world were if i hadent went there i know the road would have lead me to prison or death i lived in east dallas and it was know pecneck,i reased my boys there tell i moved to austin ,please im no angle but i beleave theres one with me allways its the holy sprit i love the lord i beleave thathe loves all of us and when we get older we seem to come home to him,because like it or notwe did learn the bible there memerized a lot of it and still to day after 40 years i still can quote  chapers out of it,let me say life is hard enough,and as for me and my house we serve the lord [email protected] you  anchorhome for putting up with me paul 1979
    [/color]

Offline ScottyG

• View Profile
    « Reply #1247 on: December 08, 2011, 04:16:22 PM »
    My name is Scott G and I understand that this post is about the Rebekah Home for Girls. The reason why I am commenting is I was in the Anchor Home for Boys for a year which was part of the same ministry as the Rebekah Home for girls. I was there for a year, based on my experience, they taught the Bible. Yes, they played Roloff tapes, but 6 AM - 7AM was Bible reading, then after breakfast, they had ACE School which is a recognized Christian Education curriculum. During my stay at Anchor, I saw no abuse, they taught me respect, which later served me well in the US Navy and Army. I remember at Christmas Pastor Cameron came to Missouri and handed out presents to the Anchor Boys and Rebekah Girls. I got spanked or padded, BUT Jerry Rodriguez was fair in his dealings and paddings. He would ask us if we knew why, then he would pray  then give us our swats. ONLY on the behind. I know that Roloff Ministrys never did believe in drugs or chains of any sort. I don't know how the girls were treated, but I think it's safe to assume that they were treated the same way as the boys were if they were part of the same ministry. I have my own beliefs which don't coincide with the fundamental Baptist, but I can safely say in my opinion, that the Roloff Homes did more good than harm. I saw first hand how the Lord used them to turn street punks into future Preachers. Also, if anyone wishes to add me on FB, look up Scotty MacGregor, my profile pic is the Greenbay Packers logo.

God Bless

Scotty

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
    « Reply #1248 on: December 08, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
    ScottyG wrote
    I saw first hand how the Lord used them to turn street punks into future Preachers.

That's not that far of a stretch. From "street punk", to clergy!
    ?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #1249 on: December 08, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »
    Quote from: "none-ya"
    ScottyG wrote
    I saw first hand how the Lord used them to turn street punks into future Preachers.
    That's not that far of a stretch. From "street punk", to clergy!
    Mmm. I'd venture that even some of the same modes of persuasion are involved.

...With slightly different lingo and favored set of vocabulary, of course!  :D
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Lee Burleson-Latham

• View Profile
    « Reply #1250 on: March 05, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
    The person defending this place I noticed is signed in as "GUEST"......why? I am also a survivor
    of Rebekah Christian Academy. I was there for almost a year starting in October 1972. I saw
    and experienced much during my time there. I was beaten horribly with a leather strap with two
    thin strips of meatal taped on the ends by Pappa Weatherford for slamming a door. I was black
    from the back of my neck down to below the back of my knees. I had to sleep on my stomach
    for weeks because of the pain. I was thankful at the time that it was Pappa & not Granny doing
    the beating because I think Granny would have enjoyed it & I would have been injured more than
    just the bleeding & brusing that eventually went away. I am sure that there are a few girls that
    were fine with the place. I can still see their faces but don't remember many names. A couple
    girls there I remember (Angie from TX who taught me a few chords on the guitar & was also
    not going to conform ;< ) A girl named Annie from IL and very few others as I have spent many,
    many years trying to forget the place. I remember the day Brother Roloff's plane crashed...
    I felt bad for the girls that also perished but was almost happy he was gone. That is an awful
    thing to say I know but I what he truly was as do many of you that were there in the early years
    & those of you who say that the place saved you that is great & I am happy for you but I can't
    believe that there are still homes open & was shocked to find out after my Mom told me a couple
    weeks ago that they still (almost 40 years now) send her crap to make donations. She never has &
    never will.

Offline Larry Nelson

• View Profile
    « Reply #1251 on: May 16, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »
    :jawdrop: I was in the Anchor Home in CC, Tx back in '81 and '82. I am not ashamed to have my name displayed. It is LARRY NELSON. My comment is this, and others have stated it before me...what you went through while you were in this/these home(s), depended on WHO you were. I saw guys that rarely, if ever, got licks. And then, there were others, who were beat to the point of unconsciousness. I remember struggling the first time I was to get licks, they overpowered me, handcuffed me, and proceeded to beat me. THAT'S how I remember this home. You either did things THEIR way, or your life was VERY miserable. Folks, we had guys attempting suicide. They wouldn't have been doing it if things were THAT great. Personally, I received HUNDREDS of paddlings, ate lye soap...even forced to swallow it. I couldn't eat for 2 freakin' day. I ran a lot of laps at one point, as the DHR was investigating, and they weren't giving out paddlings for awhile. But, the running got us into shape, and as soon as some of the guys used their "form of punishment" to run away, or go AWOL as we called it, they discontinued the laps... Then, it was on to the wall. Yeah, I spent HOURS looking at that darn wall. HOURS. I even learned how to sleep standing up, nose to wall...lol  I was there THAT often. But, eventually, the investigation was over, and the licks were back on. Did I see abuse? Are you kidding me?!?  Yes, I did. I not only SAW it, I LIVED it. There was the "public" humiliation of having to wear signs around our necks stating we were not good enough to talk to, and if ya did talk to me, you'd be sorry. Yeah, I remember that "stuff" all too well. And, on top of that, we had corrupt "leaders." Dave Harpold, for instance. Best friend a person could have, as long as you did everything he said. Cross him...and he'd make stuff up just to get me licks. CORRUPT!!!  I also recall having to roll up my cords past my knees, kneel on a board, hold out a bible for HOURS, until I memorized what it was that they wanted me to. I couldn't walk for 2 days after that. I remember ol' Bro. Schumacher, face ALL red, yelling at me...that HE was going to break me. Well, dude, ya didn't...and I'm still here :)  And let's not forget Bro. Nacho...evil little dude. Yeah, corrupt leaders...   I'm not trying to say that EVERYTHING was bad, just most of it. Mrs. Schumacher was nice to us boys. She did her best to teach us our education. I, at one point, and I STILL get a kick out of this, received a "Citizenship Award" from ol' Schumacher himself...lol   What a joke. One day I was theirs, and the next, I was Satan's. heehee  When Bro. Roloff died, they blamed my friend and I for it, citing it was our rebellion that killed him...not the fact he made poor choices flying. Personally, I'm glad the dude died. I was sick of being in isolation...was there for months....yeah, I was glad. AND STILL AM. The PEACE that I get is this...Schumacher was an old man then. He HAS to be dead by now, and I thank GOD for that. He cannot hurt anyone else anymore. And, that goes for the rest of them, too. Personally, I hope they ALL have met their Maker, and been judged for doing what they did to CHILDREN.  Thease are just a few of the things I personally went thru. I left out other people's stories out of respect for them. We have lost many of the guys we were there with, and it makes me sad. They gave up. NEVER surrender, baby. We didn't then, and by GOD...I'm NOT NOW!!! I would be glad to take any test you want to PROVE that I am telling the truth. I have NOTHING to hide. I'm not the one who is cowering under the "People's Baptist Church" banner...cowards. Am I angry for what they did to me? heehee I suppose so. BUT, I am ANGRIER that I wasn't the ONLY one that these things happened to. Some of those boys didn't have the "spirit" that others of us did. They were BROKEN...and THAT makes me the most upset.  It's been a few decades now, and obviously, I haven't forgotten too much. I will say this...I'm glad that this home isn't open there anymore.

Offline Larry Nelson

• View Profile
    « Reply #1252 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »
    Hmmm. Another moron trying to control me. I don't hide behind a silly name like some sissy. If ya have something to say...then say it. Don't use the vocab of an immature little boy...or girl...say what your problem is. Step up...or shut up. That simple...

Offline Rickeybrown

• View Profile
    « Reply #1253 on: August 22, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »
    My brother was at Intercoastal canal home don't remember name of it. He was there my dad got sick he escaped and wAs in corpus the next morning calling because they wouldn't tell him why dad was in hospital. They were amazed he could escape. Lol he was in navy seals for several years got in trouble and judge let him go to roloffs. It was a God send he hated it but he will tell you today it was t as bad as the alternative. I on the other hand was at Bobby mcmeens Christian corral ranch for same kind of behavior problems was t getting caught but was always in trouble I spent time at roloffs later on. I found it too be no trouble at all. It was what it was a Christian place where they tried to get into the people's heads about God who were and looks like still are possessed. It seems to me since Kay e y'all read the bible the thing tells you all about what's going to happen one thing is that this world will end and it will be soon ww3 is coming when Iranian war starts. We all know it we can all feel it God made us able to feel the fact that something has to change or else. I can promise you it has nothing to do with any prophecy except the bible. Iraq next Iran then America will be destroyed like the wars and people we've been lillng we will be killed. What we've been giving were about to get back that's simply what the book says. I beleive that too be true and about to happen weve been conditioned and told enough about Iran to have accepted the fact it's going to happen it's called conditioning. Government doesn't like competition so they closed roloffs homes down. Roloffs conditioned people for God that's what some need. Some people aren't chosen and some won't conform. They will go to hell it's pretty important. Going out spreading your legs and having sex doing drugs isn't what life's about we are here to serve God. Sounds like a bunch of self indulging people maybe hoes and pimps who don't have a clue still about the point. The point os God not self and if you and a pro lemon with help your about self. Roloffs was a God send and still is was when brother Cameron tool over was when roloff Lester was still alive. Amen folks at roloffs I have stayed there since abOut 7 years ago and left a donation and will again and again amen

Offline azgirl

• View Profile
    « Reply #1254 on: December 21, 2012, 06:21:09 AM »
    i don't remember you.   Holly morrow was my first room captain. and the barrettes ran the the girls home.  my name is diana.  is there anyone out there from  my time?   Rita,  Holly, Tara,  Taracita, Geraldine, Patsey, Sundraia, Trudi, jennifer, Beckey and what about lil amilia and lonora? kena?

Offline rosesong

• View Profile
    « Reply #1255 on: January 18, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
    i was also there when the weatherfords ran it, however, when i got there the dorms had just opened. I mean JUST.. like a few days before i got there. they were in fact still moving in when i got there. i was put in one of those trailers as  a punishment, it was so hot in there, i thought i was going to die for sure.  i hadn't been there a week and i got in trouble. i got a razor strap for saying "oh god", so i started saying "oh man".. got it for that too, because it was considered swearing. i got the razor strap on more than one occasion, many many times actually. i had to stand against the wall numerous times.. i remember the nasty goat milk. oh it was horrible. in fact i got stood against the wall for complaining about it. we were forced to recite scripture at any given notice, and do not stutter, or stumble, if you did.. punishment. it was truly a hell. i felt like if there was a hell, whatever "sins" i committed to be put in there, i paid for them by being there. i got slapped once for humming a song i knew before i got there. i guess there's no need to go into all the stuff that happened, most of us know it all..but,  personally,  i do still have nightmares, and as a result of this place i have a very difficult time with the god thing. don't get me wrong, I do believe in god, i just refuse to believe that  the god i believe in would allow such horrors as what went on there. just another instance of how people use religion to justify their actions. its been done since the beginning of time and im sure it will go on until the end. there have been more wars, and murder done in the name of religion than for any other reason. just look at what happened during the spanish inquisition.. all in the name of god. its a travesty!!! y,i just can't believe that these homes are still running. i recently saw something on CNN about one, i don't remember what state, i want to say Minnesota. from my understanding the people running these places are former employees of rolloff..and those who aren't, are people that have grown up in the homes. i saw on the internet that one of the homes, i believe in Florida, were trained on how to run the home by watching lester rolloff videos, and listening to his radio messages, as well as learning from the people who ran other homes. i cannot believe the people that still refuse to believe the things that happened there. i have family members that think rolloff was the best thing next to jesus. does anyone remember a man named Jim Jones and The People's Church? He went from state to state because the state wanted to interfere in what he was doing, he was fighting church state desperation, he had elderly and poor people that his church was taking care of, he took their ss checks, welfare checks etc, so the people had to rely on him, and he did it all in the name of god... Eventually he went to a place called Jones-town, Guyana. and from fear of the government coming in to make sure there was no abuse, and that the people there were there of their own free will, it ended in a massacre.  he actually got the hundreds of people to commit suicide, in the name of god . well, i've often found it strange that Rebekah home was Rebekah Home for girls and The People's Baptist Church.. what was that?? The People's (baptist) Church??? i found the similarities uncanny. i will probably hear a lot of crap from this, but its just an opinion.at least the latter is, the foremost isnt.. i was there, i know what happened to me and many other young girls.

Offline AdlynCarrington

• View Profile
    « Reply #1256 on: July 21, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
    Quote from: "TimScrivener"
    Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
    No girl had a period for the entire time they were there? Really? Did you check all their bathroom trash cans every day or something?

As crazy as it sounds, it's more common than you'd think.  Every single girl I was in Straight with (approx 200 over 2 years) stopped having their period about a month or two after getting there and didn't start back up until after they were out.  How much stress, both physically and mentally, does a kid have to endure that it would actually stop her menstrual cycle??

Sorry, but I know about the Rebekkah home and also the Jubilee and I don't believe it. In fact, I know it to be a lie. While some girls may have experienced this due to their own mental or emotional issues, I know that these homes have to supply the residents with feminine products. These are the kind of exaggerated claims people make in an effort to make their accusations of abuse sound more valid.

Again, The Roloff Homes and People's Baptist Church are not a cult. I challenge anyone on here to produce any proof of any of these accusation. I further challenge you to come visit the Church and the Homes for yourself and make your own mind up. Do not accept hearsay as fact. People do lie, especially the type of people who come to these homes for help. You can also visit the website http://www.pbc-roloffhomes.org

I disagree with you Brother Scrivener,

I also was there. Yes, they did have feminine napkins available. I remember my new roommate showing them to me, and saying, "Oh, here is where the pads are, but you wont need them here, no one ever has a period here" and she was right. those periods did stop.
    I had made A's and B's up to this time in life, but Rebekah School put me down into Elementary work. Made my mother very angry. I was dumbed down by some kind of something.
    I had been a victim of a pedophile, and had slit my wrists, in a suicide attempt. I had been in the Medical Hospital for a month and then driven to Rebekah and left there. No one ever assessed me, no one ever asked me what was wrong and why I had done that, no one bothered to find out what was the cause and effect to anything that happened. The causes were blotted out and the effect was enforced. Its a sure way to build insanity in people-- blot out the cause to every effect and insist on a outward show of effect that has no real cause other than the immediate forces of coercion, fear, slavish obedience to the person in authority, which is a dangerous place to be. When we are not allowed to understand and see the causes to the effects, when some person stands in a place of complete authority and God Given Parents are cut off from us.

I was created in the Image of God, born to be a child of God, called by God at a very young age, lover of Jesus Christ at young age of 10, then, wolves in sheeps clothing, a pedophile, began his evil work on my young life. My depression grew, i had no friends, no social life, and i grew so depressed i cried out by slitting my wrists, then, i was placed in Rebekah Home, my parents trusted that this place would keep me safe. My parents to this day, have denounced that decision and realize it was a cult.
    Mind control happens, when, a persons real reality is denied and a false one given them. I was entrained to think of myself as a 12 year old Jezebel, a horrible thing in Roloffs eyes.

Instead of being shown what relationships were all about in holiness, i was severed from every God given and God Ordained relationship in my life. Learning to be in relationship begins with relationships from the crib up. Parents are the foundation stone to learning how to be in relationship. Cut this off, and the foundation to relationship will be blocked, shut off adn hindered. To sever it for a year or more, is to do lethal damage to learning relationship, which is what God wants with us, real relationship. it is learned, caught by modeling, someone has to model it to us, God chose a mother and a father to do that.

Roloff was very big on his teaching of the family order. God- Husband-Wife-children. But, you know, he was the biggest destroyer of those very bonds and ties. My mail to my parents were intercepted as if i were a criminal or something. My phone calls with my mother and father were interfered with and the System of the Roloff way was thrown into my relationships and barriers in communications grew worse and worse as months went by. I was slowly being shaped to be slavishly obedient to any one who claimed the right to boss or have authority over me. This is dangerous, instead of being taught how to take care of myself in the world or how to have safe boundaries and not allow pedophiles to touch  me, or not allow bad influences, i was instead abused and used and touched and poked and every one had right to my mind and soul and mentacide was taking place.
    I was made in the Image of God, a child who loved God and my life had been derailed by a pedophile and a system in my family of origins that forbade me to have a voice and forbade me to say to my parents, "So and so touched my privates" i was always told to hush up shut up and go away. Children are not responsible for their choices until adulthood. a 10 and 11 year old has no adult frame of reference to understand the meaning of a pedophiles abuse. A 13 and 14 year old has no understanding adn depends on their God ordained parents and caretakers to take care of such matters.
    In Rebekah I was not given help to understand what had happened. and in this, there was soul abuse. for my soul was broken, and it needed mending in the love of Christ Jesus, not told it was horrible and needed to be bruised more and more and more. Where is the love of God? 32 hits with a heavy board did not do anything to heal my souls battered and broken reality.
    In the System of the Rebekah home for girls, there was the use of shaming techniques, there was the use of intrusion into privacy, there was the use of severance from God Ordained Parents adn relatives. There was a forbidden force against understanding ones life and problems or connect the causes to effects and to build understanding. I did not understand. I was never helped to see the cause to the effects. My relationships with my parents were forever damaged by the Roloff Rebekah Home for Girls system. They did not mend us, they ripped, robbed and stole, destroyed.
    It was a system. call it a cult or not. it was a system geared to produce a certain effect. An effect that was not soul deep, but only an outward conformity to the stern rigid system and authority of it. I needed GOD, Holiness and Love. Not more 32 hits with a board, not severance from my God Ordained parents, not dumbing down, not given any place or person to appeal to. God has seen. God knows and Jesus is the faithful healer of it all, when we come to him, he will help, he will mend, but there are long lasting consequences to the reality of this System of the Rebekah Home for Girls.

Adlyn
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:17:47 PM by AdlynCarrington »
    I thank the Lord Jesus, for tools he allowed in my path that gave me what I needed to survive an insane growing up life, where, today, I can hold my head up with the dignity that only Christ can authentically give. If some one severs you from the causes to your behavior and FORCES new behaviors that have no grounding/anchoring causes in your authentic soul, then, you have become brainwashed to be what someone else said you are. You have been cut off from who you really are. If you cannot find the cause to the behavior, maybe the effect you have has no real grounds, maybe you do not yet know your own soul. It could be someone has robbed you of your self and tricked you into buying into a false personality totally. A person with no self cannot surrender to Christ, it is only a SELF that has the authentic power of surrender to the only Sovereign there is: Jesus Christ who is Lord. amen.

Offline AdlynCarrington

• View Profile
    Re: To Tim Scrivener
    « Reply #1257 on: July 21, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
    Quote from: "curioussooz"
    Yes Tim some people do indeed lie......however, I have not found that to be true with survivors of that wicked place.  Even your own fucking god isn't blessing it anymore....come on man wake up!!  When you say yourself you have watched it diminish what does that tell you????  You are a sick fuck to continue to beat up on people who have already been beaten down by your fucking evil religeon.

If you would, please show me where I "beat up on people". It seems to me that its you that are "beating down" people with your viscous attacks on me, and on my religion. By the way, I don't have a god. I have the God. I don't expect you to get the difference but I just wanted to correct you on that part.

But you are wrong about Him not blessing the ministry. The fact is that at this time, He is blessing it in many ways. The most important is people are getting saved. The Homes that are there now are helping many people get their lives straightened out, and all your hateful ranting and railing and cussing can not change that one bit. I sorry you are so bitter.

Brother Scrivener,

I have been very curious about the statement by the homes of the many lives that have been changed for the better. I would be interested in looking them up and sharing stories. Do you know of any sites that give these people voice? I have never come across one, and was curious as to their near complete silence.

For many long years after my time in the Rebekah Home for Girls, I was a Christian robot who went to church and did my prayers and memorized scripture and even went knocking on doors, but I had no understanding of the memorized verses, i had no understanding of who i was, I did not understand that God loved ME, I only had this sense that God hated me, that i was doomed. I had no idea HE wanted to be in a real living relationship with me through Jesus Christ, i had no idea this was a for real thing. I had lived through a System in the Rebekah Home for Girls that taught me another way, a way of non-relating, a way of obedience with no heart sharing, a way to act that was looked outwardly correct, and a way that forbade me to bring my real self and authentic heart to Jesus. It took me till i was 29 years old and realizing that I was down deep inside and my babies were needing me to come out and really be plugged into their lives, then, i began to wake up from the zombie mode of life, the mode that made me into a robot quoting bible verses and singing in the choir but having no clue to who i was and how to love or be loved. i was not real, i had been shaped into correct conformity of behavior and shaped into a model christian and every one thought i was okay, but inside i was in shreds, i was living a lie, the lie that had been enforced and shaped upon me in the Rebekah Home for Girls. God is faithful, so utterly faithful and he brought me out of deep waters, for real, its not a memorized verse at all, its for real. God placed me under a very godly Minister and  he has faithfully given me a frame to understand life through: relationship. its about relationship and without the building blocks of this nature, one cannot understand walking in a real relationship with God. Relationships are two way streets, God wants to know us, and he wants us to know him, we can bring what is really in us to him without fearing some slam from above, we can through the gift of salvation through Christ, come to the Heavenly Father and approach him and experience his love, presence and his work in our lives. It is for real! i am so glad I spent 17 years in Christian counseling and got off from my soul the shackles put there by Lester Roloff, Fay Cameron and Wiley Cameron and those who abused me in there and before there. I thank God that he knows my need, and he knew i was chained by the Lie against me in the Rebekah Home for Girls that slandered my name all over the map of the USA, who slandered me as a hopeless case, when i was not, who slandered me and told the world i was a rebellious child when i was not. I just am so glad that Christ Jesus is not scared to set me free, to know me and to walk with me in a living real breathing relationship that allows me to be real with him and not sit in a fear that my every thought is going to send me to hell, or my every reality of my inner me is somehow to be condemned, no, he has shown me that he wants me to bring to him my deepest feelings and thoughts, not hide them from him, as the Rebekah Home for Girls taught me to hide my real self and real feelings from him and put on a mask and behave a certain way, detaching my real self and real soul from the outward behaviors.

In Christ Jesus,
    Jesus Christ is the Lord of Heaven and Earth and he says to us, that whosoever will, let them come and buy without price or cost from the living waters of salvation...

My recommendation for survivors of the Homes who want to seek healing through Jesus Christ, is to seek a godly Christian counselor who has accountability, or even a good licensed professional counselor, and or a Christian psychologist.
    to search the word of God, do not be scared or live in terror, learn what it means to dig into the scriptures, use the Strong's Concordance to uncover the depths of meanings in the Word of God from the Greek and Hebrew, use the dictionary to help amplify the meanings found in the beauty of Gods glorious word. Seek safe Christians to pray for you and pray scriptural prayers, 50+ of them daily ... God listens to his word and he wants to know our hearts, he has made a way for it to be safe for us to come to him in all his holiness--- Jesus Christ's blood covers all the unholiness and makes it possible for us to come to a Father above who is inviolable and holy.

To any survivor who cannot give a reason for their behavior, who cannot understand the causes to the effects in their life, who yearn to be real, who is puzzled by why they do what they do, who does not  know what it means to be real, there is liberty to be found.
    Adlyn
    I thank the Lord Jesus, for tools he allowed in my path that gave me what I needed to survive an insane growing up life, where, today, I can hold my head up with the dignity that only Christ can authentically give. If some one severs you from the causes to your behavior and FORCES new behaviors that have no grounding/anchoring causes in your authentic soul, then, you have become brainwashed to be what someone else said you are. You have been cut off from who you really are. If you cannot find the cause to the behavior, maybe the effect you have has no real grounds, maybe you do not yet know your own soul. It could be someone has robbed you of your self and tricked you into buying into a false personality totally. A person with no self cannot surrender to Christ, it is only a SELF that has the authentic power of surrender to the only Sovereign there is: Jesus Christ who is Lord. amen.

Offline AdlynCarrington

• View Profile
    « Reply #1258 on: July 21, 2013, 11:09:58 PM »
    Just an added bit of information about the lack of menstrual periods. I had read the book, "Song of Survival" by Helen Colijn, (WWII Women survivors of Japanese War Camp) and these women all also stopped having menstrual periods.
    I read a book written by a daughter of a Jewish Holocaust survivor, "After Long Silence" by Helen Fremont, who shares in the book that her mother and her aunt (both Jewish Holocaust survivors) had stopped menstrual periods during their ordeals in WWII.
    Apparently the loss of menses comes with severe levels of stress.
    It is notable that many of those who have survived the Rebekah Home for Girls and Bethesda Home for Girls and Mountain Park Home for Girls, all have very similar results and outcomes of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

The Lord Loves all these beautiful strong survivors who have held strong in the face of perplexing adversity in places where living water had been promised.

In Christ Jesus
    Adlyn

Offline cinderbain

• View Profile
    Re: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
    « Reply #1259 on: March 20, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »
    Thanks for sharing this information. I am a former Ruth Home of Compassion girl. Dorothy and Herbert Barnwell twain this home. They had been followers of Lester Rolloff, all of the girls in the home were brainwashed and beat also. I just don't understand people, how and why do they do things like this to another human?. I think God will not be too happy with them on Judgement Day, what do you think?