Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 307022 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-min
« Reply #1215 on: June 27, 2010, 10:01:44 AM »
Quote from: "Warren"
Hey Paul,

I am on your side!  Sorry if my post pissed you off!  (I was a wee bit drunk when I wrote it!)  I was in Anchor from 1984 to 1986; I know about abuse, firsthand!  I suffered plenty of it, while I was there!
Try being in a Roloff Prison, when you are Pagan, and gay!  (And 13!)  So, yeah, my post was angry.  To think that there are people like Tim and Danny, who would love nothing more than to see a christian version of the Taliban ruling this country....scares me, and pisses me off!
I enjoyed your posts; they asked some very good questions!  Hope to see you back.  Don't think of me as a Moron; I was drunk!  
Warren

Warren,
What scares a lot of folks here is your idea of a Web Site, it goes something like this," say exactly what we want you to say, how we want you to say it, do not have ideas,opinions and perspectives of your own.
If you deviate from this protocol then you will be tagged as, promoting abusive programs, advocating abusing children, being a paid shill or being a overall pain in the ass troll.
No One, I repeat No One (that I know) wants to see anyone abused, denied their dignity or any other humane rights.
So Warren, "PLEASE" read my posts and quote them truthfully.
I understand you were/are gay, was 13 (puberty), and a pagan when you entered, "Roloff Prison". That is a lot for a young man to handle, I'm sure. I wonder if your parents sent you there because of your natural state. What I have learned over my years, being gay is "a sexual choice", it doesn't begin to describe you entirely.
Last comment, why would you think that Tim, I or anyone else here would want young children to be injured. Warren, everyone will not see Roloff's the same way you did, some will be more accommodating to hear your perspective, others will not. I do not believe this constitutes blind submission to whatever Roloffs does, in either circumstance. I just think it means, some folks can operate in the gray better then others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 27, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »
Quote from: "Paul St. John"
Oh Boy..

Another moron.  I take my leave.  Have fun with Tim and Danny.

Paul

I take my leave, :roflmao:...... the only thing you leave Paul, is your ethics/objectivity at the door, when you enter Fornits.

Offline TimScrivener

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 27, 2010, 10:24:14 PM »
Quote from: "Warren"
Hey Paul,

I am on your side!  Sorry if my post pissed you off!  (I was a wee bit drunk when I wrote it!)  I was in Anchor from 1984 to 1986; I know about abuse, firsthand!  I suffered plenty of it, while I was there!
Try being in a Roloff Prison, when you are Pagan, and gay!  (And 13!)  So, yeah, my post was angry.  To think that there are people like Tim and Danny, who would love nothing more than to see a christian version of the Taliban ruling this country....scares me, and pisses me off!
I enjoyed your posts; they asked some very good questions!  Hope to see you back.  Don't think of me as a Moron; I was drunk!  
Warren

Warren, I was there on the farm while you were there. I know there were things that went on in the Anchor home during that time that shouldn't. The first thing I want to ask is, were you open about being gay? I am also interested in who it was that was abusive to you? Perhaps I will recognize some of the names. Were they staff or were they other boys in the homes?

Offline Sininil

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 29, 2010, 07:25:36 PM »
Ok first of all to the person who stated no one told their name. My Name is Gina and I was in Rebekah for almost a year from 81 to June of 82 at which time I graduated and went home.
I agree with the lock up that is true although I was there several times and I never saw any roaches. My experience there was not that bad if you ignored the shove of Christianity down your throat almost all the time. It did not bring me close to the "Lord" in anyway. In fact I have not stepped foot inside of a church since the day I walked out the door.
That being said, there was no abuse going on that I was aware of unless you consider being forced to go to school every day, eating a healthy diet, and being punished for not following the rules abuse. And I don't consider the lockup or paddlings abuse. I had worse paddling's from my grade school principal.
I am in no way a supporter of Roloff's ministry, however those of you yelling about abuse and being made to bathe with chemicals and all of that are really just bitter people with nothing better to do then to make up things that make a bad situation seem worse. And I would be willing to bet you are the same girls who were always in trouble, had no common sense about things and always went on about how when you got out you were going to make up trash stories to get the school closed down.
Well, you got your wish and Rebekah as we knew it is now closed. So why are you still making up trash about people who, while misguided at times, were there simply to try and help all of us where were lost in drugs and worse things?.
The truth is while most of us hated being locked up and being forced to go to school, and eat healthy, we got clean and sober and didn't die on the streets which is where we were headed. If that is the worst thing that ever happened or happens to you in your life then praise be.
I was a "hall walker" until I asked to be removed so I could finish my school work and graduate and get out of there. I heard the whispers in the dark, the plots to tell people lies to get it closed the plans to make up all kinds of foul things. I KNOW what went on there and it was not what you are saying.

To the girl who claims her roommate killed her family.. you are full of crap. Rebekah didn't take in violent girls and if a girl HAD killed her family I doubt even the court would have put her there. If you believe what she told you then your more gullible then most people. Girls in there made up all kinds of crap. I made up my fair share of stories to sound bigger and badder then I ever really was. We all did. But to continue to buy into it at this late date is ludicrous.

Rebekah was not a perfect place, but then no place is. But if your alive to read this and you didn't die of an overdose or get killed by a John in the streets then I say they did their job. Like it or not.
GINA and yes my maiden name was VanMeter I don't care who knows who I am or was. I am not that girl anymore.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 29, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »
Quote from: "Sininil"
Ok first of all to the person who stated no one told their name. My Name is Gina and I was in Rebekah for almost a year from 81 to June of 82 at which time I graduated and went home.
I agree with the lock up that is true although I was there several times and I never saw any roaches. My experience there was not that bad if you ignored the shove of Christianity down your throat almost all the time. It did not bring me close to the "Lord" in anyway. In fact I have not stepped foot inside of a church since the day I walked out the door.
That being said, there was no abuse going on that I was aware of unless you consider being forced to go to school every day, eating a healthy diet, and being punished for not following the rules abuse. And I don't consider the lockup or paddlings abuse. I had worse paddling's from my grade school principal.
I am in no way a supporter of Roloff's ministry, however those of you yelling about abuse and being made to bathe with chemicals and all of that are really just bitter people with nothing better to do then to make up things that make a bad situation seem worse. And I would be willing to bet you are the same girls who were always in trouble, had no common sense about things and always went on about how when you got out you were going to make up trash stories to get the school closed down.
Well, you got your wish and Rebekah as we knew it is now closed. So why are you still making up trash about people who, while misguided at times, were there simply to try and help all of us where were lost in drugs and worse things?.
The truth is while most of us hated being locked up and being forced to go to school, and eat healthy, we got clean and sober and didn't die on the streets which is where we were headed. If that is the worst thing that ever happened or happens to you in your life then praise be.
I was a "hall walker" until I asked to be removed so I could finish my school work and graduate and get out of there. I heard the whispers in the dark, the plots to tell people lies to get it closed the plans to make up all kinds of foul things. I KNOW what went on there and it was not what you are saying.

To the girl who claims her roommate killed her family.. you are full of crap. Rebekah didn't take in violent girls and if a girl HAD killed her family I doubt even the court would have put her there. If you believe what she told you then your more gullible then most people. Girls in there made up all kinds of crap. I made up my fair share of stories to sound bigger and badder then I ever really was. We all did. But to continue to buy into it at this late date is ludicrous.

Rebekah was not a perfect place, but then no place is. But if your alive to read this and you didn't die of an overdose or get killed by a John in the streets then I say they did their job. Like it or not.
GINA and yes my maiden name was VanMeter I don't care who knows who I am or was. I am not that girl anymore.

Amen......Gina thank you very much. People seem to forget reality, when they sit on top of the mountain.

Offline TimScrivener

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 02, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »

Thank you Gina. I was there at that time also. You and I probably know some of the same people. My name is Tim Scrivener. Do you remember Russell White? Mike Moore? How about Janine Wright, or Laurie Sacket? Anyway, I appreciate your honesty.

Offline TimScrivener

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 03, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »
It's interesting how quiet it's gotten on this thread. Also interesting that someone changed my password some how on this site. Not sure how that happened. That seems like something only an administrator could do.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 03, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
Quote from: "TimScrivener"
It's interesting how quiet it's gotten on this thread. Also interesting that someone changed my password some how on this site. Not sure how that happened. That seems like something only an administrator could do.

What exactly does that mean, "changed your password". I would like to hear more about this, Tim. If you don't mind sharing.

Offline TimScrivener

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 03, 2010, 05:45:01 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "TimScrivener"

What exactly does that mean, "changed your password". I would like to hear more about this, Tim. If you don't mind sharing.

I think it's just me being old and forgetting that I changed it when I signed in on my other computer because I didn't remember it. I had it stored on this one and it kept telling me it was the wrong password. When I went onto my email to check the original password, I typed it in and it didn't work. I have too many different passwords to too many different sites.  Sorry for the paranoid comment.

Offline Sininil

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 05, 2010, 03:21:25 AM »
Thank you Gina. I was there at that time also. You and I probably know some of the same people. My name is Tim Scrivener. Do you remember Russell White? Mike Moore? How about Janine Wright, or Laurie Sacket? Anyway, I appreciate your honesty.

I remember Janine very well, and I sort of remember Laurie, I never got to know any of the guys at all although the names are familiar. Honestly I just stayed focused on my goal and to that end I tried to follow the rules and I did almost two years of school work in a year in order to get out before my 18th birthday. That didn't leave a lot of time for anything else.
There is no reason to lie. No reason to make stuff up. What did go on was bad enough in some ways without dragging in stuff that never happened. I was a horrible teenager. I ran away and I didn't go to friends. I left the state with truckers and hitchhiked. Had my parents not found me and put me in Rebekah I would be dead now. I have no doubt in my mind. While Rebekah was not perfect and it had issues there are several things people are overlooking here.
One. Discipline in the 60's to 80's was radically different then it is now. (lets not get into the breakdown of society since a paddling became abuse that is another issue lol).

And two we are hearing from people who have problems and have a need to blame someone, anyone, other then themselves. I accept I was a horrible person, and I was not happy being locked up. However I think I would be much less happy if I were dead or in prison somewhere now. To blame my current problems on Rebekah totally would be not only ludicrous but unjustified. I was troubled before I went there. I wasn't put there to get a "fix" but to maybe clean up and learn some morals of which I was sadly lacking and it wasn't my parents fault either. They were good people and never abused me. It was all on me. If people will learn to accept their own problems and shortcomings, that is when they can start to heal and make peace with what they went threw.

I am sorry but I find blaming a school for your inability to come to terms with your own issues to be a way of ignoring the real problems. There come's a time in your life when you have to grow up and accept life on your own terms and forget what happened to you as a child. I don't buy into this whole "It's my parents,brother,sisters,societies,bullies,philosophy. I am not saying it doesn't impact your life. I am saying that as an adult you have the power to accept that ok, something bad happened but I am not that child/person now. And it's time to move on..

Sorry, didn't mean to get on a rant. Or to demean what anyone here feels. I'm sure it's very real. I just think that as adults it's time to accept your part in your life and move forward and stop living in the past. And making up stories might make you feel better, or powerful for a moment, but in the end it's helping no one especially not you.
Gina
ps. my email is [email protected] if anyone remembers me and wants to catch up. be warned if all your emailing me for is to slam me for what I have said about the things said on here, I am not going to read it and i certainly am not going to respond to it. I've enough negative energy in my life without feeding trolls. So if you really want to chat then feel free to email but if your just being a troll that will get you ignored.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 05, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »

I remember Janine very well, and I sort of remember Laurie, I never got to know any of the guys at all although the names are familiar. Honestly I just stayed focused on my goal and to that end I tried to follow the rules and I did almost two years of school work in a year in order to get out before my 18th birthday. That didn't leave a lot of time for anything else.
There is no reason to lie. No reason to make stuff up. What did go on was bad enough in some ways without dragging in stuff that never happened. I was a horrible teenager. I ran away and I didn't go to friends. I left the state with truckers and hitchhiked. Had my parents not found me and put me in Rebekah I would be dead now. I have no doubt in my mind. While Rebekah was not perfect and it had issues there are several things people are overlooking here.
One. Discipline in the 60's to 80's was radically different then it is now. (lets not get into the breakdown of society since a paddling became abuse that is another issue lol).

And two we are hearing from people who have problems and have a need to blame someone, anyone, other then themselves. I accept I was a horrible person, and I was not happy being locked up. However I think I would be much less happy if I were dead or in prison somewhere now. To blame my current problems on Rebekah totally would be not only ludicrous but unjustified. I was troubled before I went there. I wasn't put there to get a "fix" but to maybe clean up and learn some morals of which I was sadly lacking and it wasn't my parents fault either. They were good people and never abused me. It was all on me. If people will learn to accept their own problems and shortcomings, that is when they can start to heal and make peace with what they went threw.

I am sorry but I find blaming a school for your inability to come to terms with your own issues to be a way of ignoring the real problems. There come's a time in your life when you have to grow up and accept life on your own terms and forget what happened to you as a child. I don't buy into this whole "It's my parents,brother,sisters,societies,bullies,philosophy. I am not saying it doesn't impact your life. I am saying that as an adult you have the power to accept that ok, something bad happened but I am not that child/person now. And it's time to move on..

Sorry, didn't mean to get on a rant. Or to demean what anyone here feels. I'm sure it's very real. I just think that as adults it's time to accept your part in your life and move forward and stop living in the past. And making up stories might make you feel better, or powerful for a moment, but in the end it's helping no one especially not you.
Gina
ps. my email is [email protected] if anyone remembers me and wants to catch up. be warned if all your emailing me for is to slam me for what I have said about the things said on here, I am not going to read it and i certainly am not going to respond to it. I've enough negative energy in my life without feeding trolls. So if you really want to chat then feel free to email but if your just being a troll that will get you ignored.

Thanks Gina for you story. I can only wish that more of the frequent posters here, would just thank you for your post but they probably will not. They are that stubborn in there ways that to even hint at congrat's for posting here would blow there convictions out of the water.
So we have a solitary life here for now but I don't think for long, we are growing little by little. I believe there is room here for all opinions, at least that is what I read somewhere here.
Please keep coming back.

Offline sheluvs2playpiano

• View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 08, 2010, 11:50:31 AM »
wow, I just found this site.  I'll bet I know most of you girls on here!  What a surprise!!! I had totally forgotten about my years there until I saw a guy that reminded me of Leser Roloff on TV and so I googgled and got this.... I played the piano for him in the years of 1975 - 1977, when I returned home to Dallas just before my 18th birthday.  I met some wonderful friends there, girls I'll always remember with love.  One of my best, KC Findley, or Karen Findley.... so many others.  This is Mary Ann Niswander and if anyone remembers me, please give a shout so I can say hello.  We had some rough times, but on the positive side, we learned how to survive and we developed loving bonds that lasts a lifetime.  Sincerely, Mary Ann

Offline Sininil

• View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 08, 2010, 03:04:07 AM »
I found it interesting that after all the name calling etc.. When I posted my real name and address it's like the forum went dead and not one email.. from anyone.. I was almost looking forward to a debate. Oh well, I won't be checking back much anymore.. To little time to keep up with a dead forum. Cya.. Gin :feedtrolls:

Offline chance102465

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 27, 2010, 09:15:04 PM »
Quote from: "lisacrf"
i arrived at the rebekah home in early 1982 right after brother roloff died and the camerons were the house parents and mrs. barrett was the housekeeper in charge of makeing sure are rooms were clean. I went there because i was being abused by my stepfather and i turned to a church for help because the state would not help me. The first year i was there was ok. the camerons wer very nice to me. yes you got paddeled if you got to many dermits it was hard going without tv and radio but it was better than getting beattin and molested by my stepdad. I am shocked about the commets about abuse by Mrs. cameron I remeber her as being nice. The abuse started when the berrets took over as house parents and yes some of the girls were made to kneel on pencils. Also you were made to kneel with bibles in your hands for one two hours. Girls were refused medical care. This all went on in 1983 there was a girl that almost died from apendex bursting. Mrs berrett told her she was faking and locked her in 'the room' .  Also the same year another girl ended up pregenant and told us Mr berrett raped her when she was in the room for running away. Mrs berrett started having girls locked up in the room for getting to many dermits including from cleaning your room. My bathroom had mold on wall that could not be removed. you guessed it right me and my roommate every week was either kneeling or was locked in the room instead of getting to watch the movie and eat doo doo bars granala. My mother kept all my letters that i wrote her i'm 43 now and my mother is 68 now she was reading them asking me what does this mean. I had to laugh I was speaking in code trying to tell her that things had changed. I got away in Dec of 1983 by getting Mrs cameron to chose me to be te alto singer in the all so famous trio. we went on tour and ended up in Dayton, Ohio where my older brother and sisters lived. If you had relitives in a city they let you stay with them they partnered you with someone from the choir to stay with you. I told my siblings what was going on since the berretts took over the girl that was with me verifyed it, so they refused to put me back on the tour bus called the police,Police told them they had the right to keep me . They had no choice but to go on. I have gained postive and negitives from my experices at rebekah home. I think it is a dangeous thing to glourify the place though. Only God can be truly holy all men have sinned.
    :soapbox:
I was there in 83 and I was one of the trio but I left before we ever went on tour whats you name?
I was there in 83

Offline kimi11168

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 01, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »
HEY HEY HEY TO ALL.. I AM NOT GOING TO SIT HERE AND BICKER ABOUT THIS.. AT ALL.. IT IS OVER AND DONE WITH AND TO ME IT IS PRETTY MUCH BURIED AND AS DEAD AS LESTER ROLOFF HIMSELF.. I AM HERE FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY.. I WAS THERE FROM 1983-84.. MY BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD WERE MELISSA GRAHAM AND ALICIA WARD, I HAVE LOST THEM AND WOULD LOVE TO FIND THEM AGAIN, IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO TAKE THAT BLESSED HARLEY BIKE RIDE DOWN TO CORPUS TO LIE ON THE BEACH AND THEM VISIT THE OLD HOMES AND TAKE THE TOUR JUST TO SEE THEIR EXPRESSION WHEN I POINT TO LOCK UP AND ASK OHHHHH WHATS IN THAT ROOM AND WHY IS IT LOCKED?? WITH NO DOOR KNOB, JUST A DEAD BOLT THE KIND YOU HAVE TO HAVE A KEY TO OPEN, THE ROOM ITSELF WAS A PEPTO-BISMOL PINK WITH ETCHED POEMS FROM LOST LITTLE GIRLS WHO HAD NO WAY TO GET OUT, NO WATER TO TAKE A BATH OR BRUSH YOUR TEETH, YOU WENT IN WITH YOUR NIGHTGOWN AND PANTIES ON TO A BLANK PINK ROOM WITH NO BLANKET A PILLOW WITH NO CASE AND NO LIGHTING IN THE TOILET BECUZ A GIRL ELECTROCUTED HERSELF IN THERE BY WETTING HER HAND IN THE TOILET AND SHOVING IT INTO THE LIGHT SOCKET.. (LOCK UP WHICH I WAS IN FOR 2 WKS BTW, FOR PLANNING A MAJOR RIOT TO BREAK US ALL OUT, I FIGURED AT THE TIME THAT THEIR WERE 50 HELPERS AND 150 GIRLS ALL TOGETHER IN THE WHOLE PLACE THAT WAS 2 TO 1 ODDS NO WAY THEY COULD HAVE CAUGHT US ALL SOMEONE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT AND SENT HELP, SOMEONE HAD TO).. I WANT MY GIRLFRIENDS BACK.. IF YOU WERE THERE FROM 83-84 I PROBABLY KNOW YOU.. I REMEMBER LENORA BOOKER, SUNDREA WARE, CAROL KAY, ALICIA WARD, MELISSA GRAHAM, BARBIE BARBEE, BETHANY COOKE, LYNN WILSON AND I AM SURE SOME OTHERS WILL COME TO ME IF I HEAR FROM YOU.. I WILL TELL YOU NOW..  I WAS RAISED BAPTIST, SAVED WHEN I WAS 13 ON MOTHERS DAY, I WONT LIE AND SAY I WAS OUT OF CONTROL, I SMOKED POT, SKIPPED SCHOOL, WAS 15 AND MY BF OF THE TIME WAS 22. MY PARENTS WHERE IN THEIR 60'S I WAS AN ADOPTED CHILD SO YEAH HUGE GEN GAP THERE... BUT YA KNOW WHAT.. I WAS A FRIGGIN KID, AND THIS IS WHAT KIDS DO.. THEY TRY THINGS OUT AND THEY LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES AND ALL REBEKAH TAUGHT ME WAS TO HATE AUTHORITY FIGURES (DUE TO REPEATED SPANKINGS), AND NO ONE I MEAN NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO EVER.. I HAVE 3 CHILDREN MYSELF AND ONE OF WHICH IS JUST LIKE I WAS AND SHE IS ONLY 12, SHE IS IN TROUBLE FOR TRUANCY WITH THE SCHOOL SYSTEM, WANTS TO HOME SCHOOL CUZ OF BULLIES ETC.. BUT THAT IS PART OF LIFE YOU GROW THROUGH IT, YOU LEARN FROM IT AND JUST MAYBE YA TEACH A BULLY A LESSON ALONG THE WAY.. ANYHOW I HAVE RAMBLED THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A BITCH FEST BY NO MEANS.. IT WAS A SEARCH FOR MY BUDDIES, AND POSSIBLY ANYONE WHO MIGHT HAVE A YEARBOOK FROM BACK THEN THAT THEY JUST CANT STAND AND WANNA GET RID OF, I AM WANTING TO GET ONE BACK.. THEY PLACE SUCKED, BUT THE GIRLFRIENDS I MADE WERE GREAT.. OH YEAH I AM NOT AFRAID OF YA HOLIER THAN THOU GALS WHO LOVED THE SHIT OUTTA THE PLACE.. SO WITH THAT SAID MY NAME IS KIMBERLY COOK.. MY ADDRESS IS: P.O.BOX 572, SIMSBORO, LA, 71275 SEND ME A NOTE OR HATE MAIL DONT CARE JUST MISSING MY OLD BUDS, BUT NOT MISSING PICKING PEAS, ROFL  :poison: