Author Topic: gauld admits hyde is a fraud and quits  (Read 13999 times)

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
gauld admits hyde is a fraud and quits
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2007, 09:51:41 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
..or like this:

http://wwf.fornits.com/profile.php?mode ... file&u=970

Very funny.  I actually laughed out loud.  Thank you.

Emil
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2007, 11:15:39 PM »
Quote from: ""lucy""
Yes it does seem they have the funds for better teachers and professional counselors, but no ethical professional would work at Hyde. It would go against most everything they were taught and would probably be an ethics problem.
Quote from: ""Emil""
They would not have to be ethical , just competent. Some at intake to screen for things that Hyde is not capable to handle. Gee would they have any students if they did that? ROFL
Quote from: ""Mike""
If psychologists are under oath to report psychologically harmful practices by their employers, then it is not in Hyde's best interests to hire them.

Many fine, well-intentioned, decent faculty get attracted to the place by virtue of Hyde's stated goals.  It is not until they have been there a while that they realize it is actually an LGAT for teens and their parents.  That's also partly why, the parsimonious salary aside, the faculty tend to be young.  The older ones are hipper to that fishy fishy smell.

Not all psychologists are ethical ones.  Moreover, treatment of brainwashing and thought coercion victims is still sadly under-recognized in the mental health field.  Hence, many will not see "the Hyde experience" for what it is until they've been there awhile, and have had opportunity to witness scenarios such as the one detailed in the Burnside piece on Mr. W.  The real kicker on this issue, however, is probably one of salary expectations!  Ha!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2007, 12:29:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Quote from: ""billy procida""
i'm not trying to invalidate what you've said, but it IS a lot different now in 2007 than it was in the late 60s and 70s. hyde has been figuring this out by trial and error and still are. because you're right: how do you teach character education? we're still in the process of figuring out the BEST way to do it. so back then, i can imagine them not having any sort of clue if you just have joey g-string getting into people one-on-one. he can be very stubborn and so can a teenager. so that's not a great set-up for EVERY situation. i get that. but it is different now ursus.
- bill procida '07
Hey Bill... sorry, don't buy it.  If the leopard changed its spots, you wouldn't still hear about fiascos like that sicko pedophile Dubinsky hanging around the place.  I don't care whether his family is still involved in the school, he shouldn't be anywhere near there!  Hyde does not do the right thing because they don't know how to do the right thing because their focus is NOT on what's best for the kids, but on what's best for the cause.  To their minds, the so-called laudable ends more than justify what they deem but few resultant emotional carcasses along the way.

ps....when exactly did you graduate? were you part of the first class with paul hurd? or were you more towards malcolm's time? just trying to get a time frame...hope that doesnt' make you feel too old ;) lol
I'm going to refrain from answering this question, not because I feel "old," but because I don't even think it is you that is asking it.  In fact, I don't really believe the above-quoted post is from "Billy Procida" at all.  Nice try, Hyde... NOT!!!
 ::fu::

Pretend you are a student by making spelling mistakes and pretending you don't like Hyde or "Joey G."  Gain the posters trust over a period of time, and finally once you hook the suckers, ask them questions that will help you find out who they are!

This my friends is a description of Mr Billy Procida!  My guess is that he is a fraud and could even be Gauld himself!!

Emil Nitrate, I don't know what your story is.  You change your tune as often as I change underwear!  The cutsy names don't impress me. You like Hyde, you don't like Hyde.  You agree with them, you don't agree with them.  No offense meant, but please make up your mind.

Emil, bet you didn't know the "guest" ragging on you here is your pal Ursus.
Watch out for him and watch out for the supportive follow up posts by "guests" like the above that are really from Ursus. They still smell like bear shit. Or should I say mole shit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Yes it does seem they have the funds for better teachers and professional counselors, but no ethical professional would work at Hyde. It would go against most everything they were taught and would probably be an ethics problem.
Quote from: ""Emil""
They would not have to be ethical , just competent. Some at intake to screen for things that Hyde is not capable to handle. Gee would they have any students if they did that? ROFL
Quote from: ""Mike""
If psychologists are under oath to report psychologically harmful practices by their employers, then it is not in Hyde's best interests to hire them.

Many fine, well-intentioned, decent faculty get attracted to the place by virtue of Hyde's stated goals.  It is not until they have been there a while that they realize it is actually an LGAT for teens and their parents.  That's also partly why, the parsimonious salary aside, the faculty tend to be young.  The older ones are hipper to that fishy fishy smell.

Not all psychologists are ethical ones.  Moreover, treatment of brainwashing and thought coercion victims is still sadly under-recognized in the mental health field.  Hence, many will not see "the Hyde experience" for what it is until they've been there awhile, and have had opportunity to witness scenarios such as the one detailed in the Burnside piece on Mr. W.  The real kicker on this issue, however, is probably one of salary expectations!  Ha!

I've seen a number of young faculty start out being rather earnest about Hyde but then, once they figure out how much pollution is there, head for the hills.  Some speak up and some get out of town quietly, realizing that Hyde is not a healthy place.  

Like you, I can't imagine a truly honorable, ethical therapist working at Hyde.  It would be like offering to be a therapist for the Jim Jones cult or some other emotionally abusive outfit.  Who could do that in good conscience?  Oh excuse me, Hyde is supposed to be about conscience.  I guess that would take care of that little problem.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »
Emil, bet you didn't know the "guest" ragging on you here is your pal Ursus.
Watch out for him and watch out for the supportive follow up posts by "guests" like the above that are really from Ursus. They still smell like bear shit. Or should I say mole shit.

Zounds!! There may well be some quotable material I can extract from there...  
But... is that the best you can do?  
Come on, fellas!  Let me immortalize you in ways you nevah dreamed possible!!
 ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""

Emil Nitrate, I don't know what your story is. You change your tune as often as I change underwear! The cutsy names don't impress me. You like Hyde, you don't like Hyde. You agree with them, you don't agree with them. No offense meant, but please make up your mind.

My mind constantly changes,  my opinions change.  Said I like two people.  IF you can like people you disagree with you don't belong in a Republic with democratic elements. Go to North Korea.   My view of Hyde is pretty settled.  It could change  ... again.  What are 1)you doing?  Picking sides for dodgeball?    

As far a Identification I have said enough to identify myself to Hyde or any one else with a half decent memory of the time I was there.  It doesn't really matter to me.  My concern is that when people google my name they see press about my current life and not that I went to a bizarre school in Maine with a bunch of crazy kids.

Emil

No problem calling yourself Emil.  I completely understand this, but stick to Emil rather than signing other names to your posts.

Not picking sides for dodgeball. I know what Hyde is and I stand by the fact that it is a dangerous place that should only exist if there was a change of the guard/gauld.  Hyde certainly should not house children.

I think one of the most dangerous things at Hyde was Joe.  Under certain conditions he could be very damaging.  He had no compunction ripping a family apart to prove a point, or back handing people for random things like "lack of personality" or screeching at emotionally vulnerable children. I think Billy P stipulated to that point in a recent post.  At this point he is mostly a titular figure.  

With out some psychological professionals on staff  they are playing with fire.  They clearly have the funds for it. It is just dumb luck they have not had another incident like the summer of '75

Emil

Yes it does seem they have the funds for better teachers and professional counselors, but no ethical professional would work at Hyde.  It would go against most everything they were taught and would probably be an ethics problem

Why do you think Hyde has not had another incident like summer of 75?  Just because it is not public knowledge does not mean they haven't had more incidences.  Hyde is great at settling many of these cases so they go away and no one will know about them

Frankly I have been expecting something dramatic like a shooting to make the AP wire service.

Emil

Good guess.  Wrong school.