Author Topic: Pacific Quest  (Read 13894 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 10:13:50 PM »
Do you know why staff read mail at all?
 i don't know if you are aware but it is actually a federal offense to do so without somebody's consent
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 10:14:10 PM »
I'm just curious as to how you stumbled onto this thread so quickly. Wasn't long before the thread was posted that you responded. Do you post on fornits or did you just happen along?
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 10:26:13 PM »
Oz girl :
I knew that they were reading my mail; we didn't have electricity (and thus computers) so we used this weird little keyboard thing to type up our letters, and I definitely knew they were reading my mail. My understanding is that they read them just to make sure that correspondence was of a good nature and to gain some insight into how we were doing and what our family relations were like, because in their opinion (and mine) how a family relates has a lot to do with how a person relates.

Crash Test DummyL
I happened along. I searched for "Pacific Quest" Hawaii on google and this was on the first page of results. I'm always curious as to who I can find from PQ and what's going on in terms of conversation and organization because I love love love everyone from pacific quest and don't have some of their contact information. Also, I'm curious as to how anybody else that might have gone to PQ is doing now and how their experiences might be different from mine, so I check periodically.
I don't post on fornits except I just started; posted something about patents.

Take care,
 - G

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »
Post away then and welcome to fornits.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 10:47:07 PM »
Thanks!

- G

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 11:10:25 PM »
What was the process of de-escalating a client bordering on the edge of a violent situation?
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »
To my knowledge, it never happened. I never saw any violence occur. If anyone did respond with anger or anything resembling something that might escalate to violence the staff never responded in kind: that is to say, they fought fists with flowers. I imagine the response would be to send the kid to their tent to think, but I really can't say. Definitely never debasing or putting down anyone though.

- G

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 01:13:18 AM »
How many clients per group?

Were the groups allowed to interact?

What sort of phone call privileges did you have?
am the metal pig.

Offline tripleg

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 01:28:49 AM »
There were about 7 or 8 people there maximum when I was there, and we were all in one group. People came and left at different times so the group size varied - at one point there was only 5 of us, and I knew people there who had spent the majority of their time at PQ with only one other person!

I already mentioned phone calls but I will again: we couldn't call home. For one it was unrealistic seeing as we didn't have electricity; in an emergency of course we were allowed but no one ever did call.
quot;To those who fast on the sacred mountain waiting for dawn: Do not be afraid to be afraid. Be afraid, exult, hope, despair, wait, and wonder.

And then love.\"

- Steven Foster

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Pacific Quest
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 04:13:03 AM »
Were kids sent for a discrete period of time EG definitely six weeks or was it open ended?

If it was open ended were the expectations of what it would take to get to go home spelled out clearly from the outset or was it that you got to go home when they decided you were ready?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen