Author Topic: Scheff used her daughter...  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Scheff used her daughter...
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:16:12 PM »
Scheff used her daughter to sell WWASP programs after she found out that they were hiding from her the fact that her daughter had food poisoning?  

The Miami Herald Article on PURE and Sue Scheff
www.helpyourteens.com/news/herald_artic ... _pure.html
Published on: 10/8/2006   Last Visited: 11/22/2006

on PURE and Sue Scheff
Home > Informational Articles > The Miami Herald Article on PURE and Sue Scheff
The Miami Herald Article on PURE and Sue Scheff
After failed attempts at family therapy and private counseling, Weston working mother Sue Scheff decided to send her troubled teen to a therapeutic boarding school to ease the tension for both mother and daughter.

Scheff and daughter Ashlyn, 14 at the time, pored over the literature from the few available facilities and settled on one run by The World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS), a Utah-based organization that claims its programs can correct inappropriate behavior in children 12 and older.

Scheff learned her daughter was being abused only after Ashlyn became gravely ill from food poisoning at the facility.

"Another parent from the program called me and asked how Ashlyn was doing and it was only then I found out because her daughter had managed to leak the information to her," Scheff said. "They either told me [Ashlyn] was lying in her letters asking for help or that contact with her was detrimental to the treatment."

The experience led Scheff to start P.U.R.E., or Parents Universal Resource Experts, an organization that assists parents in finding trustworthy programs for their children struggling with issues like addiction, violence and attention deficit disorder.

"Before P.U.R.E., there was nowhere to go," Scheff said. "We do all the research and legwork for them to find what is available, and then they decide where to place their teens. We prescreen these schools and programs by visiting them and interviewing not only the parents and teens who completed the program or attended the school but also those who are currently in the program or school."

P.U.R.E. also has a suggested reading list for parents and teens. It is financed by several schools and programs as well receiving private donations, Scheff said, so the service is free.
You feel all alone," Pardo said of Scheff, noting the popular perception that the parent is at fault and that more punishment is the answer.
"Teen boot camp abuse is widely known and a very serious, hot topic," Scheff said. "We don't want to separate the kids from the parent. We want to bring families back together."

Scheff has written a book based on similar experiences of parents, At My Wit's End, which she hopes to have published by next fall.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »
And why won't Sue Scheff list the names of "these trustworthy programs" she refers parents and her children to?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 01:51:32 PM »
Are Sue Scheff and her daughter plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit filed against WWASPS by the Turley law firm in Texas?

Offline basketball

• View Profile
sue whats her name
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 12:35:05 AM »
heres a picture of you in case you forgot who you are  :evil:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sheff is a pig and a common ho
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 06:13:01 PM »
Quote from: ""basketball""
heres a picture of you in case you forgot who you are  :evil:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Scheff is still using her daughter to sell programs
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:53:24 PM »
http://www.naymz.com/search/sue/scheff/ ... gQodnRDQ1Q

Blogs Ashlyn Scheff
next close

May/22/2007 - original post

My story has long been on the Internet posted by my mother, Sue Scheff. "A Parent's True Story" is also my story and until now, it has been difficult to talk about.

Recently I visited a Therapeutic Boarding School and was so shocked to realize what a "real" program is like. You see, after what happened to me, my mother decided that if she could prevent others from going through the same experiences we did, it would give our negative time a positive purpose. I know, it sounds stupid, but I am 22 years old now and I am finally starting to understand what she went through and more important, what I put her through!

On this visit to a good school, I got to sit in on group therapy - WOW - it was amazing! There were several girls there that were recently transferred from Carolina Springs Academy and they shared their stories. Tears welled up inside of me, and I immediately called my mother and wondered why they are still allowed to hurt children!

I know we can't save the world, but I hope parents will listen to our story and our experiences. My mother's book is coming out next summer and I know it will help so many families and it needed to be written. www.suescheff.net

Our story is at http://www.aparentstruestory.com/ and check out my mother's organization at http://www.helpyourteens.com/

Have a question for me? Email me at ashlynscheff

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 11:50:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Are Sue Scheff and her daughter plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit filed against WWASPS by the Turley law firm in Texas?

BUMP

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 12:22:46 AM »
This is a highly controversial subject.  I expect other books are being written by researchers, former program staff, advocates and survivors that will NOT reflect well upon the troubled teen industry and in particular,  the referral (parent resource, ed con) and teen transport industry.

Ironically, Scheff's book may end up unwittingly boosting the credibility of these books and generating great interest in their authors.

Ain't life grand?  How sweeeeeeeeeeet it is.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 02:45:29 AM »
Whoa....now SUE SUE has her kid BLOGGING and pushing her book?
Ashlyn proudly announces in her BLOG that she's a "certified stunt woman" and that she GRADUATED from the International Stunt School.  How about that?
This fine school offers 3 weeks sessions and boasts it serves Disney and even Six Flag Theme Parks.  Way to go, Ashlyn!
At least this girl's not claiming some fake college degree like her mommy did.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 06:01:39 PM »
What Scheff, and now her daughter, don't get is that just because they had a bad experience with a program it doesn't make them experts and qualified to determine what a "good" program is.  They just don't see how dangerous their claiming to be experts can be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »
"Recently I visited a Therapeutic Boarding School and was so shocked to realize what a "real" program is like.

On this visit to a good school, I got to sit in on group therapy - WOW - it was amazing! There were several girls there that were recently transferred from Carolina Springs Academy and they shared their stories. Tears welled up inside of me, and I immediately called my mother and wondered why they are still allowed to hurt children! "

Scheff's daughter got to sit in on group therapy -  Sounds a little unethical to me.  

And WOW - she says a  "good school" .  Measured based on what?  Her esperience at a WWASP school?  

I think hermom is still in the brainwashing business...she is now serving her daugher orange koolaid instead of the red.

It really is sad.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 07:16:43 PM »
Is this daughter of Sue Scheff's now working for PURE?
What was Ashyln's "role" as a visitor/observor at this "good school?"

And what criteria or standards were used to classify this school as "good?"
Who labeled this school as "good?" and what are their qualifications for doing so?

Does this just seem strange, unprofessional, to have an "outsider" observing a psychological group therapy session?

Could such an experience---observing girls in a group therapy session discussing their abuse at a WWASP facility---- be psychologically damaging to Ashyln, who is reportedly a "survivor of abuse at this same WWASP facility, herself?"

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 12:20:27 AM »
Uh...

Haven't we already demonstrated that just becuase you were a victim (or survivor or whatever) ARE NOT SIMPLY BY VIRTUE OF HAVING BEEN ABUSED AN EXPERT ON ABUSE OR HOW A PROGRAM SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT WORK?

And wtf is this REAL program bullshit anyway??

I love how she refuses to mention it by name... Why? It doesn't exist. ANY program put forward for scrutiny inevitably comes up to have the same old shit... over and over and over again!

I bet her daughter didn't even write it!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 01:12:04 AM »
Careful Niles, or you might get blogged by the DUAL BLOGGETTS!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 01:14:59 AM »
The bitch threatened to sue me!

WTF do I care?

:rofl:

Oh Sue-Sue, woe is you!