Author Topic: campbell park  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
campbell park
« on: December 26, 2006, 02:18:01 AM »
http://www.campbellpark.org/index.htm

This school is located in New Zealand. It looks pretty good in a very blokey way, kind of like a normal boarding school with a strong outdoor ed component and a lot of options for boys who are not academic. There is no mention of it being therapeudic in any way. It also does not appear to force boys to go

But it is advertised on Struggling teens. Does anyone know anything about it? Not much has been found with a google search excpet for woodburys own review and this was from before the school opened.. Why would a normal school from New Zealand which is not run by US expats advertise on Struggling teens?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
campbell park
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 02:30:26 AM »
It honestly looks to me like they're making a serious effort not to look evil, akin to that one wilderness therapy business that clearly states "we feed kids 3,500 calories a day and they won't get dehydrated"

Then again, this page really stumps me. Send your credit card details sight unseen to them?

Looks like it could be a Hyde clone.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
campbell park
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 04:09:47 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
Then again, this page really stumps me. Send your credit card details sight unseen to them?

Looks like it could be a Hyde clone.

That's actually i think to get the right visas health insurance etc. it is not uncommon here for a school to help extensively with visa application etc if it is taking international boarders. We also do have 1 or 2 schools with strong out door ed programmes, Timbertop in Victoria is one. It actually has a very longstanding reputation (prince Charles did a stint there when he was a boy) but none of these places would dream of advertising on a site for troubled teens. i guess that was what made me wonder. Perhaps it is more like hyde.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
campbell park
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 03:39:48 PM »
Campbell Park School
New Zealand
NZ Campbell Park School Closes
Nathan Tompkins
213-988-0718
64 21 476199
[email protected]

March 11, 2007

To Whom It May Concern.

It is with great regret that Campbell Park School in New Zealand announces that it has ceased operations effective 3.9.2007.

A combination of factors has made it impossible to continue with the program and still provide the highest quality service. Principally a change in the New Zealand law affecting the management of children in schools, and an inability to source appropriate boys within a realistic time frame.

Unfortunately we are unable to carry on with our unique and visionary program and we thank you for your support and backing of our endeavour.

The directors are currently evaluating the optimum use of the facilities in the future.

Yours truly,

Nathan Tompkins and the team at Campbell Park.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
campbell park
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 03:52:42 PM »
Good for New Zealand.  Forward thinking kiwis.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
campbell park
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:53:26 PM »
God Bless helen Clark