Author Topic: Teens arrested after mom's body found in trunk  (Read 2809 times)

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Teens arrested after mom's body found in trunk
« on: March 10, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »
LAFAYETTE, Colorado (AP) -- For nearly a month after she was stabbed to death, Linda Damm's body lay in the trunk of her car inside her garage while her 15-year-old daughter and friends used her debit card to "do teenage stuff," police say.

Three teens tried but failed to get rid of the body, investigators allege, once turning back because they got stuck in the mud of a nearby landfill and later retrieving the body from a grave they had just dug at the edge of a cemetery, fearing it was too shallow.

They were planning to drive north to Wyoming for a third attempt, investigators claim, when an anonymous tip led police to Damm's body on February 28 in her modest house in Lafayette, a small town about 20 miles northeast of Denver.

Now Damm's daughter, Tess Damm, and Tess' live-in boyfriend, Bryan Grove, 17, are being held without bail, Grove on charges of murder, conspiracy and evidence-tampering and Tess on charges of conspiracy, accessory and evidence-tampering. Both are being prosecuted as adults. (Watch Tess Damm's uncle make an offer to help Video)

Their attorneys either declined comment or did not return calls, and prosecutors have said little publicly.

But court records, family members, neighbors and Internet postings paint a picture of a tempestuous relationship between a troubled daughter and her 52-year-old mother.

Linda Damm's brother and two sisters issued a written statement saying she had struggled with alcoholism for years, leading to "a downward spiral in her abilities to properly care for herself and her daughter."

Neighbor Steven Weddig said Linda Damm was a single mom with a difficult life.

"We did hear the daughter scream at her from inside the house," he said. "Linda did tell me she was having so much trouble with her."

In online postings in November and January, someone identifying herself as Tess Damm said her life was "falling apart and deteriorating" and that her mother was an "angry, raging, functional alcoholic" who had lost her job and occasionally became violent.

Grove told police that he and Tess had spoken on February 3 about "how much they hated Linda," according to an arrest warrant affidavit. Grove asked Tess if she wanted him to "take care of Linda for her," and she said yes, according to Grove's arrest affidavit.

Tess told investigators she replied "OK, whatever," because she didn't think he was seriously threatening her mother, according to her arrest affidavit.

Police said Grove went by himself to Linda Damm's home early on February 4 and got into an argument with her. Police said Grove told them he became enraged when Linda Damm said she wished Tess hadn't been born so Grove wouldn't be living with the mother and daughter. She also blamed him for causing problems in the household, Grove's affidavit said.

Grove told investigators he choked Linda Damm until she was unconscious, then stabbed her in the neck and mouth until she stopped breathing, according to the affidavit. The affidavit said he then called a friend who helped him wrap the body in sheets and move it to the trunk of a car in the garage.

The friend, who is 16, has been arrested but charges have not been formally filed and the district attorney's office has not said whether he will be prosecuted as an adult.
Funeral missed

For the next several weeks, Tess and Grove lived in Damm's home and used her debit card, police said. Neighbors said they heard loud music from the house, saw cigarette butts accumulating on the formerly neat lawn and saw Grove "car-surfing" on top of a car while Tess drove.

Police allege Tess and another friend, Jared Guy, 18, helped Grove on the two aborted attempts to dump Linda Damm's body. Guy was arrested March 2 on evidence-tampering and accessory charges, and his bail was set at $500,000. His attorney did not return a call.

Guy and Grove were both being held at the Boulder County jail, and Grove was on a suicide watch Friday because of unspecified comments that raised jailers' concerns, sheriff's Cmdr. Bruce Haas said.

Linda Damm's funeral was Friday, but a judge refused to release Tess from a juvenile detention center to attend.

In their statement, Damm's brother and sisters said they wanted Tess to know they love her but they also believe "every person involved in this horrific crime that resulted in the death and desecration of our sister should be held accountable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »
(Cue the programmie chorus with "If they only had gotten the help they needed"...)

Who leaves someone's body in the trunk for a month? (And doesn't that really start to stink after a while?) I mean come on, in that much time you could have cut off a piece per day, stuck it into a blender, and poured it down the drain.

Kids. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »
Do not post on this forum anything which shows teenagers in a bad light. If you do it again, I will ban you myself.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:34:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Do not post on this forum anything which shows teenagers in a bad light. If you do it again, I will ban you myself.

This sounds like your handiwork too, eh?
you sit here all day waiting for replies, fucking loser. get a life.
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=50
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 04:36:32 PM »
I admire your detective work. I bet you watch Law & Order. Don't lie, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Yes, there is only one guest on this forum.

:rofl:

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
(Cue the programmie chorus with "If they only had gotten the help they needed"...)

Who leaves someone's body in the trunk for a month? (And doesn't that really start to stink after a while?) I mean come on, in that much time you could have cut off a piece per day, stuck it into a blender, and poured it down the drain.

No really Milk, this family did need help, something was seriously dysfunctional here wouldn't you say?  :-?

Shame they didn't sit & talk out their troubles then act on them rather than resort to murder

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 01:18:16 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""

Because Colorado is very cold.Places like Colorado and Wyoming are very dry also,so the body could dehydrate quickly.
Ask anyone who recovers suicide bodys from Las Vegas hotels.They just dry up.
Its common in Colorado and Wyoming for people to shoot and kill deer and antelope,so a little stink coming from your garage is nothing special.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 02:50:51 AM »

Grove told investigators he choked Linda Damm until she was unconscious, then stabbed her in the neck and mouth until she stopped breathing, according to the affidavit. The affidavit said he then called a friend who helped him wrap the body in sheets and move it to the trunk of a car in the garage.

Crude.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
It seems that it was a family who needed help
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 05:05:30 AM »
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =105537098 (Tess Damm myspace page)
http://blog.myspace.com/blindian781 (Poems from her blog)

Her mother was an alcoholic. That is very clear. If I were on her case, I would properly send both daughter and mother to a place where the mother could get her health on the track and heal the obivious lack of communication and respect, that were missing in that family.

A very tragic case. Where was the family when they could have interfered and perhaps prevented the killing? Both mom and daugther was in obivious need of some kind of help. Now we have two destroyed lives. The mother is dead and the daugther is going to court as an adult which just would be yet another desertion in her young life (If she is allowed to keep it.).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 08:53:56 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Crude.

"Mouth stabbing"?
Ok,neck stabbing your unconcious mother makes sense,but "mouth stabbing"?
Her mother must have really said something to piss her off.
Personally I would have cut her tongue out and tied it to the radio antenne on my car.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 01:07:21 PM »
former Straight - Dallas student Timothy Nixon? In 1990 he took a baseball bat and beat his mother to death with it, spattering the walls and floor with her blood. He and his brother then wiped up the blood from the floor and walls and placed her bludgeoned body in the trunk of her car and rode around town asking his friends if they wanted to take a ride. He was planning the murder of his father when he was arrested. Timothy is now serving 99 years in a Texas prison.(31)
http://www.thestraights.com/theprogram/ ... -page2.htm

You may just as well try leaching or Dr. Linda Hazzard's starvation cure as coercive thought reform. Actually, a lobotomy would be effective, but of course most people understand that that's barbaric because it's so physical and bloody and obvious. Same thing, though. You can break a kid, that's easy. Build one? That's a different story.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 04:12:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Eliscu2""
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm glad I amused you.

As repayment, can I ask you to put your Elan buddies back in their box?

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Re: Teens arrested after mom's body found in trunk
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 12:35:21 PM »
Please post links with articles.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:26:37 PM by Guest »
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Re: It seems that it was a family who needed help
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 12:56:34 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=105537098 (Tess Damm myspace page)
http://blog.myspace.com/blindian781 (Poems from her blog)

Actually, here is her myspace, that was his I think.

http://www.myspace.com/harmonylala
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 03:19:08 PM »
Bump.