Author Topic: What happened  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« on: April 12, 2003, 12:07:00 AM »
I was deeply saddened to see an RIP next to Jeff's name (Jeff S.) Does anyone know what happened to him? Thanks. :???:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »
He was living and working as a construction worker/bartender in San Diego, and he went down to Mexico to party one nightand never returned. They eventually found him beaten to death in an alley in Mexico. Very sad!!!! :cry:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 08:51:00 PM »
Yes, it is sad.  He really was a lot of fun to hang out with.

I taught him how to ride a motorcycle after he left KIDS, and I still remember the look on the test examiner at the DMV when Jeff missed a turn and rode right off the course and onto the grass, but then kept going and still finished the test.

I told the examiner that this showed that he was a really good rider that he could recover so well; amazingly, he let Jeff pass.

Offline ottkat

• View Profile
    • http://www.krimson-news.com/kcnndiaries/crimm_fatale.shtml
What happened
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »
Oops; that was me who did the last post.  Forgot to log in first.

Kathy

Offline nycappie

• View Profile
    • http://www.palmerboyz.com
What happened
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 11:14:00 AM »
Hey K,

This is Craig Palmer, lived with you and your family in Florida.  Still remember and thank you for your hospitality.  Jeff and I lived together for a couple years in SD.  I heard a differant story about Jeff's passing.  You can email me if you want.  [email protected]

Hope all is well,

Craig

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »
The story about them finding him in an ally is not true.  His parents have not been notified that he has been found and as far as I have heard he is assumed dead but there was never a body recovered.  I know that Mrs Scolney speaks to Dan Findlay and that he was the first one she called when Jeff was missing. If anyone knows the truth it is him.  He and Jeff were very close till Jeffs death.  It is a shame what happened to him he was an amazing person and was one of my best friends after the program. People should not give versions of a story that they are not sure of. It is bad enought that people close to him had to deal with this loss, never mind people adding to the story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »
I would like to say I never knew Jeff S,But in a way we are in a endless bond tied to kids as we all are,I think spreading rumors of someones death and giving false information on someone especialy when they are missing is a lack of self character and downright Fucking Bullshit (remember that line) I woud like to think whoever spread this is still in connection with miller n co cause we all know they love to bestow fear in us.However they are nothing to me now so Craig I am truly sorry for your loss and I think you have handled yourself great as far as this matter is concerned online God Bless you now and always,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 10:22:00 AM »
It was not Craig who wrote this online, it was someone else.  I would rather remain anonmyous because of the situation.  I appreciate your kind words and agree that you did not need to know Jeff to share a bond with him that everyone who was there will always have.  Everyone who knew him would tell you that he was truly an amazing friend and it is heartbreaking to think of this life without him, especially for his family.  People need to have a little compassion when sharing the "gossip" they have heard and remember behind every story, true or false there is people who loved and adored these people that you are speaking about.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »
People are weird.  This guy went thru hell & some of us knew & cared for him - its normal to want to share what we know - I understand accuracy is important too - but RELAX! :silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2003, 06:09:00 PM »
Came across this site while looking for the whereabouts of Jeff S. Wanted to thank him for
the help he had given my daughter,who graduated from the program; I hadn't realized how much he had helped her until years afterward.Should he still be alive I hope he replies to this.

Most sorry to hear about the abuse of KIDS in the
program. Despite his flaws Dr. Newton and the KIDS program  did help my family tremendously and for that I'm grateful. My daughter had been in thirteen rehabs before KIDS and had been able to get drugs and be in contact with druggy friends in each of these other rehabs.

Offline nycappie

• View Profile
    • http://www.palmerboyz.com
What happened
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »
Jeff has passed away.