Author Topic: Latest Suicide Attempt  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« on: February 27, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »
The LCSO has confirmed that they did respond to a suicide attempt at HLA last week.  A young woman attempted to cut her wrists.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 04:27:50 PM »
But HLA says that suicide attempts don't occur. Wow - it's a good thing there aren't copies of 911 transcripts. Oh wait - there are!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 04:34:57 PM »
In this case it was confirmed by the local paper.  LCSO told them the details of the call.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »
I may be wrong, but I am not aware of anywhere HLA has said that suicide attempts do not occur.  Can you site, and show, your source on that?

Also, who in the LCSO is qualified to distinguish between a suicide attempt and an incident of self harm?  They are two very different things that I doubt the LCSO is trained to know the difference between.

The child may have tried to kill herself, I am just saying you can't really count on bubba from the sheriffs office to be able to make that call.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Also, who in the LCSO is qualified to distinguish between a suicide attempt and an incident of self harm?  They are two very different things that I doubt the LCSO is trained to know the difference between.
The child may have tried to kill herself, I am just saying you can't really count on bubba from the sheriffs office to be able to make that call.

Bubba may not be qualified, but I've never heard of cutters slicing their wrists. Cutting is usually in a concealed area. She may have stated as much, if there was a police report.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 11:22:52 PM »
Welcome to the HLA board, where anonymous trolls can come on and accuse teenage girls of not trying to kill themselves when slashing their wrists!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:25:29 AM »
I am simply questioning the validity of the report.  My guess is that any form of self harm would be labeled a suicide attempt by someone who has not been trained to know the difference.  One of the great things about this board is that the people here questions the validity of things.  I whole heartedly agree with people doing that not only to HLA but to anyone else that makes a statement that may not be true, including the LCSO.  If you pick and choose who you question it lessens your argument against HLA because you just look like a disgruntled ex-student/employee/parent with an agenda.  You would be better served seeking the truth instead of building a case.  With all HLA (Len) has done the truth is all you need.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""

Bubba may not be qualified, but I've never heard of cutters slicing their wrists. Cutting is usually in a concealed area. She may have stated as much, if there was a police report.

You are right.  It is usually in a concealed area, but not always, and it is on the wrists more often than you probably think.  It is very possible that this poor child did try to kill herself, and that is a tragedy if true.  My point is that the sherrif's office is not qualified to make that call.  Do we know if the girl was hospitalized?  Was the mobile assessment team called in to do an evaluation?  If so, what does their report say.  If they call it an attempted suicide then that has validity because they would be licensced mental health professionals.  

I also would like to point out the hipocracy of this.  If someone from the LCSO wrote in their report that HLA handled things with a high level of professionalism and skill the people on this board would be slamming the LCSO as not being qualified to make such a statement, but if they say a girl attempted suicide they take it as the gospel truth.

Again, it may have been a suicide attempt and HLA may have been at great fault.  You just  can't tell from a police report.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 08:40:47 AM »
Milk gets a little paranoid sometimes.... what can we say?

More importantly, the answer to the question about suicides comes straight from the horse's mouth. This is HLA's very own response regarding suicide attempts:

· Plaintiffs allege several suicide attempts in recent months and acts of violence by students on other students (¶¶ 49-50). Those allegations are false.

http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/FrequentQuestions.aspx

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 08:48:16 AM »

You are right.  It is usually in a concealed area, but not always, and it is on the wrists more often than you probably think.  It is very possible that this poor child did try to kill herself, and that is a tragedy if true.  My point is that the sherrif's office is not qualified to make that call.  Do we know if the girl was hospitalized?  Was the mobile assessment team called in to do an evaluation?  If so, what does their report say.  If they call it an attempted suicide then that has validity because they would be licensced mental health professionals.  

I also would like to point out the hipocracy of this.  If someone from the LCSO wrote in their report that HLA handled things with a high level of professionalism and skill the people on this board would be slamming the LCSO as not being qualified to make such a statement, but if they say a girl attempted suicide they take it as the gospel truth.

Again, it may have been a suicide attempt and HLA may have been at great fault.  You just  can't tell from a police report.

Or maybe the LCSO has been called to the carpet and is now doing what they should have done years ago. If HLA called the police, then it must have been a serious attempt as they too are under much scrutiny.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 09:33:23 AM »

Is it, or has it ever been, HLAs policy to call the LCSO in cases of cutting?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 09:37:43 AM »
I may be wrong, but I am not aware of anywhere HLA has said that suicide attempts do not occur.  Can you site, and show, your source on that?

Here's something interesting to note, you brought up that the LCSO isnt trained to distinguish between cuters and someone actually trying to kill themselves. Here's the thing though, neither are most of the staff there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 10:06:34 AM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""

Here's something interesting to note, you brought up that the LCSO isnt trained to distinguish between cuters and someone actually trying to kill themselves. Here's the thing though, neither are most of the staff there.

That may or may not be true now, but in the past HLA sent staff members to a conference on cutters and had a speaker come speak to the entire faculty about this issue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:53 AM »

Is it, or has it ever been, HLAs policy to call the LCSO in cases of cutting?

It has not been their policy in the past, though it may be now that they have to go by state regulations. HLA would often have a police officer trasport a child in case of hospitalization.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Latest Suicide Attempt
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »
I'm sure thats true, let me ask you this though. Since HLA likes to pretend that no kid has ever tried to kill themselves while at HLA doesnt that push staff towards declaring any suicide attempt as simply "cutting". What about the girl who hung herself?