Author Topic: Authorities say Polk teen killed himself  (Read 4748 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Authorities say Polk teen killed himself
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 08:51:34 PM »
I saw reference to a few different sheriff programs w/ very similar aspects and names. And I noticed most, if not all departments hawking them were rockin' Wackenhut colors.

Aw man! The dumb fuckers are starting to get smart! They're taking a page out of the cartel's play book. Instead of forming umbrella organizations, like Straight or WWASP or CEDU, they're operating as independent cells. Ya might even call them sleeper cells.

Who wants to bet what that Multijurisdictional Counterdrug Taskforce Training turns up pretty frequently in these programs' documents and literature?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 01:12:33 AM »
Quote from: ""mbnh31782""
the star you mentioned hanzomom... is probably and looks like the one thats being used/implemented in the school here in georgia
Ok, I got crossed....

The STAR that you described(and I linked to) as "some of the best alternatives to residential treatment" seems to have a pretty jacked up record. I guess they all do on close inspection....

From the Main STAR(Florida) website
Polk County  Sheriff’s Training and Respect Program

•  Joint partnership between the Polk County Sheriff's Office, Grady Judd, Sheriff, the Board of County Commissioners, the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice, the Polk County School Board, Phoenix Clinical Services, and the citizens of Polk County.

• The Polk County  Sheriff’s Training and Respect Program, formerly known as the Juvenile Boot Camp and dedicated to the memory of Congressional Medal of Honor recipient James Henry Mills of Fort Meade, is located just south of the Central County Jail, 2325 Bob Phillips Road, Bartow. The Polk County S.T.A.R. program, which was implemented July 1, 2006 after Governor Bush signed the Martin Lee Anderson Act, is the first and only such program in the State of Florida.

• The Polk County S.T.A.R. program was first opened on September 30, 1994 as a Boot Camp with two 20-bed wings with an attached center control room, a classroom training building, and obstacle course. Two additional 20-bed wings, an additional classroom, a general purpose hall, an aftercare office, and a transition housing dormitory have been added since the original opening.

• The S.T.A.R. facility takes boys, ages 14 to 18, who have been adjudicated guilty by a judge. The program places an emphasis on the safety of Polk County citizens by removing juvenile offenders from the general population and into incarceration.
    Commander: Captain Kurt D. Lockwood.
    The curriculum component factors include rigorous physical training with educational instruction, vocational training, and psychological counseling. The S.T.A.R. program experience lasts a total of twelve months: four months of on-site residential training followed by four months of on-site transition followed by four months of closely monitored conditional release

• Mission: To provide a balanced approach that changes the criminal beliefs and behavior of the offenders, increases public safety, provides department and offender accountability, and afford opportunity for youth to develop into responsible citizens.

• Aftercare: To include psychological assistance, provide community-based options, solutions, and supervision. The community solutions include a mentoring program with the assistance of private service organizations, job training skills, and employment when appropriate.

Well that says a whole lot of nothing....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 01:51:58 AM »
ok someone tell me how i get in touch with the repoters or mom..does anyone know id like to tell them about program from the inside...i guess im naive in beleiveing theyd care...but any emails you know?