Author Topic: Peninsula Village outcome studies...  (Read 2361 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Peninsula Village outcome studies...
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »
Not much to base "success" on...check out the number of questionaires that went out and how many people bothered to reply.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:13:29 PM »
Hey Zen, nice find --- I think that would be in the ball park as far as Response rates to a customer, in fact it is quite good for a paper and pencil (white paper) survey and having a sample size of < 1,000 (web based surveys tend to be less).  They probably did some telephone follow-up to boost the rate above 30%.  

We hire an outside firm to handle our customer feed back and surveys to measure customer satisfaction.  It is difficult to get a balanced cross section of people to respond.  I think we all can agree that if a person is not satisfied you will hear from them first (Survey or no survey).  That being said, the trick is to reduce the number of questions so you are not looking at a 40 minute survey and try to follow up by phone, (which it looks like PV did based on their rate).  If you do these two things you can typically get your response rate up above 30 %, which is where we typically hover if we are aggressive.
When this firm came in to give us a presentation they projected our expectations to be in line with all other industries and gave us the following:

Projected Response Rates for xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Corporation,  Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xx.
Mean survey response rate ? 28.1%
Median survey response rate ? 22.8%
Average Survey Response Rate for xxxxxxxxx Corporation (Sample size < 1000) ? 36.8%

I am not familiar with PV and their methods but what jumps out at me is their success rate in the area of kids going back and staying in school and not getting into any legal trouble for the population of children spending 12 months or more.

It would be great tool to be able to compare schools based on these statistics??

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »
Who, are you that clueless......
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Who, are you that clueless......

Well...Maybe on PV I am, I havent read any of their back ground here on Fornits.  I happened upon this thread and I found the data and survey interesting.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »
You're the ideal PV parent, who.  The longer your kid stays, the less chance they end up dead, in jail, etc.  The longer they stay in, the longer you pay.  End of story.  I want to know about the 67% who wouldn't even respond to PV.  Who, look down at the thread about L.C. to get an idea of the "service" PV provides. I know one of those kids from frequent phone calls.  She's not lying.  Her dad was duped, money was wasted, and it took a real treatment center to do some good.  Why send a kid suffering from grief and loss to a place like PV?  False advertising...

That's no find, who.  Any parent who suffers the misfortune of having a child in PV gets reams of literature painting an ugly picture of the place.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
You're the ideal PV parent, who.  The longer your kid stays, the less chance they end up dead, in jail, etc.  The longer they stay in, the longer you pay.  End of story.  I want to know about the 67% who wouldn't even respond to PV.  Who, look down at the thread about L.C. to get an idea of the "service" PV provides. I know one of those kids from frequent phone calls.  She's not lying.  Her dad was duped, money was wasted, and it took a real treatment center to do some good.  Why send a kid suffering from grief and loss to a place like PV?  False advertising...

That's no find, who.  Any parent who suffers the misfortune of having a child in PV gets reams of literature painting an ugly picture of the place.

Ha,Ha,...I am looking at it from a purely statistical view point.  I wouldn?t send my kid there based on the numbers, I don?t even know what PV is, boot camp, RTC, TBS??.  I find the survey response rate interesting and the results interesting?. We experience similar response rates?you really don?t get much above 50% unless you have an on-line captured group at lets say a college campus and polling people for something interesting to them like how many times you have sex per week etc. these type of surveys (web based) can have a response rate in the 90% range.  But people don?t like to respond to customer satisfaction surveys 30-40% is a good number.

I'll read some history about PV.....

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »
Thirty Two replies... 38% of total surveyed.

Wonder why the non-repliers didn't reply?

At any rate, its a survey, its not scientific, there is no control, it's nonsense.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »
You realize PV had full control over this farce?  Who were the "alumni" chosen to participate?  You don't think PV would send out a survey to MY kid, do you?  No, the handpicked lot still produced a pissant response.  67% leaves a lot of alumni unaccounted for.  It's better than the Keith Russell bullshit PV relied on in the past.  They quit associating themselves with that nonsense when it came under fire.

These statistics aren't available to parents before they sign their child over to PV, nor are the behavioral management guidelines.  Once you sign, you're another sucker to be bled dry by PV.  The term "alumnus" doesn't mean a child completed the program.  More info on how many leave because they've "finished" would be interesting.

Keep an eye open, who, you may find more about PV in the national news soon, not just Fornits.  You can defend their statistics while PV sinks to the lowest circle of hell.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
I can't wait for this shit to finally break the national news media's blockade of important news... fuck celebs, fuck dubya, fuck Iraq, we have our own country to worry about!

BTW, CALL THE DAILY FUCKING SHOW AND LOU FUCKING DOBBS!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 09:55:22 PM »
Keep an eye open, who, you may find more about PV in the national news soon, not just Fornits.

Thanks , I'll keep an eye open

You can defend their statistics while PV sinks to the lowest circle of hell.

No thanks, not really interested, just passing though.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
I don?t even know what PV is, boot camp, RTC, TBS??.  

PV is an outdoor based long-term residential treatment program...and school.  If someone wants to investigate them as a mental health facility, they claim they're a school.  Sound familiar?  It's a fucking wilderness boot camp with Covenant Health money buying a lot of credentials and a respectable guise.  They claim not to to take kids with violent histories, homicidal intent, sexual violence, and yet we've already documented the placement of Andy Klepper at PV, the MD 15 yr. old convicted as an adult for sodomizing a call girl with a baseball bat, then robbing her.  PV's luck with him?  Before his probation was up, they caught him up to no good with a prostitute who may not know how lucky she was to get away unharmed.   Wonder if he filled out his survey?

Read the admissions criteria of PV, who, and I'll point out examples from the national media of how PV lied and deceived the parents of kids there.  Who would want a child suffering from grief and depression thrown into the same milieu as Klepper?  I think a lot of parents would have pulled their kids out quickly, but PV has a way of burying those stories.

PV raised their rates recently.  $12,000 a month is worth "bending" the rules, huh?  It costs even more the longer a child remains in Lockdown, and there's an additional charge for restraints.  PV profits from keeping the kids in the lowest level and physically abused.

Read K.'s story, the latest one, under "L.C."  How odd, her restraints sounded exactly like my daughter's.  So did L.C.'s.  Defend ASR all you want, who, but PV is guilty of some hideous shit, and if you like, I'll rub your nose in it.

Why not visit PV for lunch?  The last documented E.Coli outbreak there was in 1999.  Only one girl lost the use of her kidneys.

Keep passing through, who.  Like a bowel movement.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 04:02:51 AM »
Ah. The famous PV outcome studies. It seems to be ok to crank out some basket cases as long as they stay in school and don't do drugs.