Author Topic: Lamest songs ever recorded  (Read 20598 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Lamest songs ever recorded
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 11:53:05 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
As to Jello i heard something about this. I inherited a love of the Kennedies from my cooler older brother. Technically they are a little before my time but still. Did you ever see them live?

No, I was too young at the time DK's made the rounds to enter clubs - I was more into the tail end of the Minneapolis scene, with the Replacements, Husker Du, pre - "Runaway Train" Soul Asylum, and I was living in Washington, D.C. when Dischord got going and Fugazi was woodshedding.

Jets are making a name in America, and I'm sorry Tim Rogers had to go through rehab.  Quitting booze is hellish.  I found quitting cigs even worse, since smoking follows a social time table:  morning wake-up ritual, all work breaks, after all meals, and sometimes following procreation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
As to Jello i heard something about this. I inherited a love of the Kennedies from my cooler older brother. Technically they are a little before my time but still. Did you ever see them live?

Hey Oz Girl, I have. They were hot for a while before I got put into Straight (late 1982). I ended up joining back with a band (Reptile House from Baltimore, MD) that opened for them in the summer of 1985. They were touring with the Butthole Surfers. Our drummer had mailed the demo to Jello Biafra and he liked it enough to book us for that show. The gig was at the old WUST Music Hall in DC.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 12:10:22 AM »
Wow did you actually meet jello?

I am not sure how well tim went at rehab hence the ironic title.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 12:12:34 AM »

Yeah, he came up after we played and shook my hand. He said he didn't realize we were so "demonic." I took it as a compliment, devil worshipping druggie that I am. -frod

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »
Quote from: ""Froderik""
Hey Oz Girl, I have. They were hot for a while before I got put into Straight (late 1982). I ended up joining back with a band (Reptile House from Baltimore, MD) that opened for them in the summer of 1985. They were touring with the Butthole Surfers. Our drummer had mailed the demo to Jello Biafra and he liked it enough to book us for that show. The gig was at the old WUST Music Hall in DC.

I know you, Froderik.  We discussed the Dischord single cut by Reptile House.  

By the way, I've been communicating (abstractly) with a certain individual from MCC, and I asked how Poochie was doing.  He's fine, I was told. He truly "feels" for the young men in his charge.  I believe we have a mutual friend who claims being the victim of liberal junk fondling by an individual named "Poochie".
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 12:37:14 AM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
I know you, Froderik.  We discussed the Dischord single cut by Reptile House.  

By the way, I've been communicating (abstractly) with a certain individual from MCC, and I asked how Poochie was doing.  He's fine, I was told. He truly "feels" for the young men in his charge.  I believe we have a mutual friend who claims being the victim of liberal junk fondling by an individual named "Poochie".

That's right, you got it.  :wink:

Oh yeah.. "Poochie."  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 12:58:59 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Yeah, he came up after we played and shook my hand. He said he didn't realize we were so "demonic." I took it as a compliment, devil worshipping druggie that I am. -frod

That is so cool! By the time I liked them, they had broken up. When i was 14 my cool big brother snuck me and the kid next door into a spoken word performance by Jello. i think it is the only time he made it to my home town. i fell for his counter culture punk sensiblity, went home and binned my new Kids On the Block and Milli Vanilli CDs and begged my parents for a drum kit for my next birthday. Aah memories.

Best song to irritate coworkers by humming would be whams Freedom. It is catchy and nobody can guess what it is!

The best horror song to hum in a bid to annoy workmates is

::bwahaha2::
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 02:12:07 AM »

Best song to irritate co-workers by humming would be whams Freedom. It is catchy and nobody can guess what it is!

The best horror song to hum in a bid to annoy workmates is

I disagree with the Wham "Freedom" song, their real burr in the brain has to be th duo's insipid "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go,"  That song's got leg braces, it's so lame.

So what's the best horror song to reduce the average co-worker to drooling despair?   To me, a real horror song is "Brandy" by Looking Glass ..."And the people say Brandy...You're a fine girl..what a good wife, you would be"  That's super glue for the medulla oblongata, and that's bone-chilling scary.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 02:09:41 PM »
Sinaed O'Conner: "Nothing Compares 2 U."
Though she's recorded other stuff that's pretty ok, this schmaltzy piece of crap gets at least 4 z's... it's a downer, too...  :cry2:

Oh & I'm right there with everyone on Creed and that other bloody shite..  ::noway::

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 12:27:30 AM »
The "Pina Colada Song"

"Billy, Don't be a Hero,"

And..."YOU...YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE..."   Make it stop, please....

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 08:04:44 AM »
The Beach Boys: "Kokomo."

I like a lot of stuff by them, but that song fuckin' BLOWS.  :evil:

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 08:57:44 AM »

Idunno it is marge and homers song afterall besides who can resist stylish 70s staging like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxo0lsJn ... ed&search=

Enjoy boys

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
"Seasons In THe Sun" (a lot of 70s songs making this list)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 06:30:46 PM »

Idunno it is marge and homers song afterall besides who can resist stylish 70s staging like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxo0lsJn ... ed&search=

Enjoy boys

She has such nice teeth...wonder if she'll cut a Metal album like her dad?  There was a sonic turd.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 11:42:48 PM »
I HATE that fucking song on the Vonage commercial, whatever it is.