Author Topic: Lamest songs ever recorded  (Read 20602 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Lamest songs ever recorded
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:19:03 AM »
What in ppls opinion are the lamest songs ever recorded?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 09:28:36 AM »
Great idea for a thread, but ftr there are already a couple of threads in this vein:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=236995#236995

(The link to the other one can be found in this one.)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:07:59 AM »
Karma Chameleon by Boy George makes me want to vomit everytime.

Shanlea

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:57:47 PM »
Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night"

***brain explodes****

Worst song EVER.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 03:13:33 AM »
Nickleback. Its like they try to be real music, but they're just trying in a formulaic by the numbers sort of money-oriented way.

Plus I hate how their songs are put into advertisement bits. When "photograph" is played, I punch my radio.

I'm serious. I will not listen to that song.

I also hate it when DJ's get "sold out" and forced to say "AND NOW HERES NICKLEBACK WITH PHOTOGRPAH!!1on1oneoenoene".

FUCK PLAY SOME REAL MUSIC AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH  :flame:

I really missed out not getting into music at all until I was like 18/19. I totally missed out on 90s grunge :(
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »
Anything by Lifehouse.  Take your pick, any song, it's digital feces for people who are shallow as mud puddles.  All guys I know who listen to Lifehouse sit down to pee.

Oh yeah, Arms Wide Open, those Creed puds.  A friend called me up and said "I have good news and bad news:  the good news is, Creed broke up.  The bad news is, now two bands will be formed,"  True story.  Thank God neither project produced flatulence that reached my ears.  Scott Stapp - Die, mollyfugguh, die!

Oz Girl, you have to know one of my favorite bands that Americans are too musically challenged to pick up on - You Am I.  Are you familiar?   Ever since I heard "Berlin Chair", I was hunting CD's by Tim and the boys.  A Rock and Roll band, not      emo-quasi-alturdative-post-retro whatever...    

Shit, this is a break from gritting my teeth and spitting poison at RTC's, WTF's, programs in general.  These days I spend my time degrading myself talking to lawyers, organizing evidence, and chatting with former Peninsula Village kids.  Talking to the PV kids is a great thing, though they are some hardcore fucking survivors and funny as hell.  One guy, must be about 19, blew my mind with his musical faves.  I'm from DC, and this kid was loving Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Rites of Spring, Government Issue.   He blew my mind when he named off a non-DC band as a favorite - my homeboy Cheetah Chrome's old band, Dead Boys.  Cheetah lives here in Nashville, I spent a whole day with him, listening to the funniest and most fucked-up stories about Johnny Thunders, and the Dead Boys touring with Iggy - One night during Iggy's set, Mr. Pop dropped his trousers and was showing everyone his Root of All Evil...the guitar player was wanking and Iggy crouched by the edge of the stage, bobbing his head, grinning, looking at the crowd and looking at the band.  Then he sprang into the air and started singing again.

At the end of the set, the stage crew went to wind up the cables, and where Iggy had been squatting they found a big, stinking pile of Iggy shit, dead in the middle of the cables.  That's Rock & Roll, Kids!
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »
So I'm standing in the classic rock section of this old record store w/ a friend. He's a colorful character and an absolute freak for psychadelic rock. Dude's like a kid in a candy shop, reeling off music trivia, talking about the vinyl copies he used to have of everything in sight and singing some of the best songs. One of the clerks, dude about our age, comes skipping through the door grasping a package crying "The new Godspmack is here, the new Godsmack is here!"  :rofl:
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »
Anything by Limp Bizkit, with special ignominy being warranted for their atrocious cover of "Behind Blue Eyes".

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 01:22:24 AM »
Fred Durst has been M.I.A. lately because he's tired of people pelting him with shit for Limp Weenus's bastardization of "Behind Blue Eyes"  As atrocities committed by mankind go, Fred's cover of "BBE" is on the same level as baby rape and program referrals.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 01:25:51 AM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Fred Durst has been M.I.A. lately because he's tired of people pelting him with shit for Limp Weenus's bastardization of "Behind Blue Eyes"  As atrocities committed by mankind go, Fred's cover of "BBE" is on the same level as baby rape and program referrals.

Puffy ripping off that song about a stalker by Sting?

:roll:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 03:45:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""

Puffy ripping off that song about a stalker by Sting?

:roll:

Not as lame as seeing Jimmy Page prostitute himself with P-Puffy-Diddy-Daddy...whatever the hell he calls himself...on that Kasmir rip-off.  A lot of people reached for the retching bags then.

We used to play a game where I worked called "stick it".  The idea was to wander past a co-worker humming or singing a really lame song that was a big hit.  Lame or not, the melodies were intrusive.  Normally the person exposed to it had the tune "stuck"  in their head for the day.  Some truly "sticky" songs that people hated to have on their mental music loop:

"Eye of the Tiger" -  You can imagine the torment.
"Sherry" by the Four Seasons.  The falsetto from hell.
"Don't Stop Believin", or any other Journey song, really.
"Y.M.C.A."  Yeah, that was a tormentor.
"Renegade" by Styx.  "Babe" by Styx.  Any Styx song.

Irritate your friends and co-workers!  Enjoy their inner torment as they suffer a non-stop loop of "Muskrat Love".

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 06:34:24 PM »
Irritate your friends and co-workers!  Enjoy their inner torment as they suffer a non-stop loop of "Muskrat Love".

::roflmao::
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 10:28:32 PM »

Oz Girl, you have to know one of my favorite bands that Americans are too musically challenged to pick up on - You Am I.  Are you familiar?   Ever since I heard "Berlin Chair", I was hunting CD's by Tim and the boys.  A Rock and Roll band, not      emo-quasi-alturdative-post-retro whatever...    
[/b]

Yup i love you am I. They have not done much lately tho I think Tim is working on some solo stuff. i agree with you Creed and train and all of those commercial "rock" outfits are totally lame! Bring back American bands like the Dead kennedys.

If you like OZ rock go to the JJJ website. It is not what it used to be but still a cool station
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/music_spe ... 391535.htm
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 11:04:25 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""

[/b]

Yup i love you am I. They have not done much lately tho I think Tim is working on some solo stuff. i agree with you Creed and train and all of those commercial "rock" outfits are totally lame! Bring back American bands like the Dead kennedys.

If you like OZ rock go to the JJJ website. It is not what it used to be but still a cool station
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/music_spe ... 391535.htm

I have the latest You Am I, "Convicts".  I like it better than "Deliverance".  It's a great story how Davey got the second guitar slot in You Am I - he was a fan going to the band's website (really a well-done band page) and on the guitar TAB section (charting out the songs) he was doing some great transcriptions that impressed Tim.  Davey was at a You Am I gig, Tim Rogers knew it and called Davey up to play.  It went so well, he never left and became a full member.  The ultimate fan dream.

What's Tim's solo deal - the Tim Rogers' Temperance Union, I think.  Like any of them have a solid hold on temperance.

Jello and the rest of the DK's are not on good terms, due to the very un-Punk reason of money squabbles.  A friend of mine was in a band Jello claimed had the greatest name ever - Maggot Sandwich.
Rent a DVD called "American Hardcore - 1980-1986"  Not much on the DK's but some classic Rollins-era Black Flag footage makes up for it.

I'll check out JJJ.  I have a recording of You Am I on...the Homestead  show on JJJ, I think, talking with Davey and Tim and playing tracks off Convicts.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 11:31:54 PM »
the title is in part an in gag as there used to be an organisation called the womens christian temperance union who lobbied for prohibition at the turn of the century when Sydney was basically a den of drunken debauchery. They never came close to suceeding.
Tim went into rehab and them formed this project. They have done a double album. Nobody knows if the treatment took. But I think the album is meant to be about his experiences with this. The website allows you to sample tracks

If you like you am I, you might like Jet. Are they heard of over there? or a group called The Whitlams
http://www.youami.net/timrogers/high.htm

As to Jello i heard something about this. I inherited a love of the Kennedies from my cooler older brother. Technically they are a little before my time but still. Did you ever see them live?