Author Topic: Oz girl teen industry book service  (Read 3911 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Oz girl

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1459
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« on: February 23, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »
A lot of people refuse to spend money on the Claire and Mia book or the Dave marcus book because it puts money into the pockets of those who support a corrupt industry.
I think this is a shame because they can give a real insight. i am developing quite a mini Library right now. So in the event that you at least want the cliff notes I am willing to photocopy sections or the whole thing and post them to ppl. Unfortunately I am too much of a luddite to know how to make them adobe docs. will be adding to the list soon. So dont be shy PM me

So far I have
Cults in out Myst
What it takes to pull me through
Come Back (the claire and Mia WWASP book)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline hanzomon4

  • Posts: 1334
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:05:50 PM »
I don't have book money and I'm a bit full on outrage at the moment, but could you share what insight you gained from the books you mentioned?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Oz girl

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1459
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 09:37:04 PM »
What i gained was a glimpse of the things that went on in TBS from the Marcus book and the mindset of those who work within it.
In the Case of Claire and Mia I got a look at the thinking of those who buy into the WWASP ideology.
Cults in our Myst is just a look at Cults and their mindset. Obviously you would have to read with a critical eye but they are worth a look. I pla to update when I have read more. US books take forever to arrive from Amazon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline hanzomon4

  • Posts: 1334
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 12:52:24 AM »
Well you've sold me, I can get these books at my Library through an inter-librarian loan(ILL?) or something like that. I must admit it's hard reading about these places from survivors/advocates but to read about it from those that "bought in" will truly be a test to  my understanding and compassion, but I suppose it's the only way to gain a complete understanding of the social, psycho, psychotic dynamic of these programs.

If you here about a crazed american running around naked attacking random people you will know that I have snapped......  :cry:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

  • Posts: 1334
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
Ok my library already has What it takes to pull me through &
Come Back. I'll start with Come Back   ::puke::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »
Masochist.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

  • Posts: 7256
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 12:33:17 PM »
Hey, Oz girl, good for you for getting familiar and trying to understand the many sides of the issue by reading.  I can't imagine if I had been the one to post what you did, the feed back I would have gotten (Smile).  But I think you would have more luck handing out free Bibles in Baghdad.  (Sorry, there goes that analogy habit again).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1459
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 05:19:16 PM »
That is the thing Who. You actaully recomended I read the Marcus book. I did initially read to try and find out what such places were all about. In both cases the picture was grim. In the case of the Marcus book not that many kids did even "pull through" making the title somewhat misleading. Those that did were not in any real trouble in the first place (Tyrone DJ)
It also showed how some kids actually declined unders ASRs absurdly complex and usually petty set of rules. It is ironic too that the only part of ASRs programme that i could actually see a benefit from, although i would ammend some parts was the Costa Rica trip. ASR has now decided it is too cheap to provide this as a part of its program. Either this or some kid was injured.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

  • Posts: 7256
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 05:25:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
That is the thing Who. You actaully recomended I read the Marcus book. I did initially read to try and find out what such places were all about. In both cases the picture was grim. In the case of the Marcus book not that many kids did even "pull through" making the title somewhat misleading. Those that did were not in any real trouble in the first place (Tyrone DJ)
It also showed how some kids actually declined unders ASRs absurdly complex and usually petty set of rules. It is ironic too that the only part of ASRs programme that i could actually see a benefit from, although i would ammend some parts was the Costa Rica trip. ASR has now decided it is too cheap to provide this as a part of its program. Either this or some kid was injured.


Not sure why they stopped the Costa Rica portion either, my daughter really got a lot out of it.  Could be cost, but like many things in the US the insurance companies are usually behind these types of cuts,  but you are very open minded, Oz Girl, to have picked the book up and read it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1459
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »
I wonder what Tania Beecher who i note is still employed at ASR felt about pushing Ashley to breaking point. Because when that very screwed up girl threw herself in front of a bus and ended up in a mental hospital Beecher and Bentz had blood on their hands.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

  • Posts: 7256
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 09:44:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
I wonder what Tania Beecher who i note is still employed at ASR felt about pushing Ashley to breaking point. Because when that very screwed up girl threw herself in front of a bus and ended up in a mental hospital Beecher and Bentz had blood on their hands.


Oz Girl, How can you possibly assign cause or responsibility.  It might have been because of a fight with her boyfriend or parents depression or a 100 other reasons... no one knows what goes on inside anothers head
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1459
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 10:55:35 PM »
Why i am glad you asked.

When Beecher suspected the young lovers of doing the wild thing she interrogated ashley for hours.
She then forced her to write a "dirt list"
She then forced her to confess to the group who publically humiliated her with their judgement.
She and Bentz then made the girl do the same dance in front of her parents and decided to incarcerate her for another 18 months.

it couldnt have been a fight with the boyfriend they were on bans
There was no mention of a fight with parents but there was detailed description of the emotional wringer beecher put the girl through

This was in spite of the fact that Ashley has displayed erratic behaviours throughout the Costa Rica trip and was a very mixed up girl
This was in spite of the fact that both were supposed to be experts in the field of troubled kids and she was showing clear signs of coming undone.
I wonder if Beecher sleeps well at night or if this has happened to many other kids under her caring watch. They pushed that girl till she broke. Beecher and Bentz should rot in hell
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

  • Posts: 7256
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Why i am glad you asked.

When Beecher suspected the young lovers of doing the wild thing she interrogated ashley for hours.
She then forced her to write a "dirt list"
She then forced her to confess to the group who publically humiliated her with their judgement.
She and Bentz then made the girl do the same dance in front of her parents and decided to incarcerate her for another 18 months.

it couldnt have been a fight with the boyfriend they were on bans
There was no mention of a fight with parents but there was detailed description of the emotional wringer beecher put the girl through

This was in spite of the fact that Ashley has displayed erratic behaviours throughout the Costa Rica trip and was a very mixed up girl
This was in spite of the fact that both were supposed to be experts in the field of troubled kids and she was showing clear signs of coming undone.
I wonder if Beecher sleeps well at night or if this has happened to many other kids under her caring watch. They pushed that girl till she broke. Beecher and Bentz should rot in hell

Quote
it couldnt have been a fight with the boyfriend they were on bans


Oz Girl, I don?t remember it this way in the book?..Ashley was on a ban at the time and she ran off of campus and threw herself in front of a bus?  If you have ever been there you would know they are miles from any bus route and must have walked for hours?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hanzomon4

  • Posts: 1334
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »
Who, the point is they broke this girl and thats just wrong all by it's self. I'm disturbed at how you completely over look obvious abuse but claim to be "fair and balanced". I just cannot get how completely ignorant to pain and suffering you are. You come on here and try to distort abuse with bogus statistics  completely forgoing common sense in the pursuit of justifying the unjustifiable and defending the indefensible.      

I will assume that you're more ignorant then dumb, but I have the sneaking suspicion that you're just cold hearted. That's one thing that I don't get about all of this. Parents know what they would find to be a humiliating experience,  so why then do they not bat an eye when their kids are humiliated to the point of suicide?..... I hope that these books will answer that question. Regardless I have very little sympathy for these parents, because whether they were conned or not they abandoned their kids.

Parents will rage against the behavior of their kids and hold them accountable, yet the program is beyond reproach. They listen to evidence condemning drugs as harmful, but ignore the evidence that says the same about this bogus therapy. I mean.... is something wrong with me that makes me view this as wrong, do I have the problem?....... I don't know but I feel like I'm living in the bizarro world.

According to you who any bad outcome can be the result of 100 other reasons except the obvious one, pathetic......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Oz girl teen industry book service
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 04:08:19 PM »
Thanks, Who- my penis is on fire. I have warts all over my ass and genitalia. Fuck off!  :flame:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »