Author Topic: I Have A Troubled Son. What should I do?  (Read 26468 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
I Have A Troubled Son. What should I do?
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2007, 07:47:29 PM »
It depends on him, honestly I think hes done at this point. He just cant possibly retain any sembelance of dignity.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
Congrats, I think you killed him.

Time to move on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2007, 07:56:11 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
It depends on him, honestly I think hes done at this point. He just cant possibly retain any sembelance of dignity.

Why would it depend on him?  He's not going to suddenly see the light so does that mean you'll just continue this without end?  It's gotten pointless and distracting.  Ganja's right.  You've done your job, time to move on.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2007, 08:31:26 PM »
No he wont see the light, but all he cares about is winning, he wont stick around once he realizes hes been beaten. He cant stand the shame.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2007, 09:47:51 PM »
We've all declared you the winner Robert.  Let it go now.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2007, 10:01:34 PM »
I never cared, ill quit when he sees the futility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2007, 11:22:45 PM »
He's not going to quit, so I guess this shit will just go on indefinitely then, huh?

Lovely :roll:

Like I said, parents reading can get all the information they need out of just a few pages of that thread. It's getting distracting.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2007, 11:38:22 PM »
No he wont see the light, but all he cares about is winning, he wont stick around once he realizes hes been beaten. He cant stand the shame.

Robert, Who is too ignorant, or too invested, to know when he's been "beaten". He's too ignorant to feel "shame". One first has to recognize fault in order to feel shame. He's not going away. And he's too ignorant to be "afraid" of answering questions. He is programmed through and through.
If you want to continue badgering him, ask him specific questions, and not the same ones repeatedly. His non-response speaks volumes to the discerning parent. They don't need things spelled out repeatedly. They notice his aversion. They will take the initiative to do their own research, which Who is not providing. Those who it doesn't matter to, can't be reached anyway.
If you desire to prove him wrong, then do the research and post the licensing status of the counselors at ASR. Post the requirements in Mass on how many unlicensed therapists a licensed therapist can supervise, and if ASR is within that ratio. I doubt that he's going to be forthcoming with that information. And that's what parents need to know. What are they getting for $6000/ month???? Babysitting and "some" academics? What can you post to support that?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Infinity

• View Profile
    • http://chaoticidealism.livejournal.com/
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »
I wonder if you could move or switch schools? It seems like all these bad influences are at his school; and he could make a new start after coming home from this short-term thing if he weren't immediately exposed to the old temptations. I don't think he'll like it; and it'll cause some trauma--having to make new friends and all that--but it would be much more traumatic to send him away somewhere where he doesn't even have his family.

Kids need their dads... I wouldn't separate a teen from parent unless it were absolutely necessary--and I mean "necessary" on the level of abusive or drug/alcohol-addicted parents.

If you are gonig to send him to a private school, make it a day program--he comes home at night.

Also, the simple suggestions: Spend more time with him, encourage his hobbies, know his friends, show him you love him, don't take teenage sarcasm too seriously. We were all teenagers once, after all; and we all had to find out our own identities and break free from our parents. That's what teenagerhood is about--learning to be independent. He's made a wrong start; but he can still retrace his steps and do it the right way.
size=9]It doesn\'t stop after high school...
The Student Voice[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2007, 09:45:42 AM »
I never cared, ill quit when he sees the futility.

You've proven your point to all reasonable human beings.  Why the need to make him see?  It cheapens you because it has now just become a battle of wills to see who has the bigger dick.  This same shit went on forever with SHH over on the HLA forum.  Isn't it about time to move on to something and some people that are a little more important?  Anyone reading even a few pages of this will see him for what he is.  Why do you have this need to prove to him of all people that you're right?  You know it, we know it, most parents reading know it.  He's the only one who doesn't and I have a feeling he's getting a kick out of keeping you wrapped up in this.  As much as you protest that it doesn't bother you, it obviously does or you wouldn't be so concerned with making him see.

You've done a great job.  How bout giving it a rest for a bit, huh?  This battle between you two ends up spilling over into multiple threads and jacks them, just like it did with SHH.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2007, 11:54:19 AM »
Youre all absolutly right. Ill try and keep it just focused on questions.