Author Topic: Comparisons which dont involve death counts  (Read 12215 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Comparisons which dont involve death counts
« on: February 16, 2007, 04:51:58 AM »
So. one thing i have been noticing a lot recently is discussion based around the idea of comparison of TBS/Wilderness to Normal School/ Summer camp. i am sure i am not alone in thinking that the comparison is silly on many levels so i thought i would take death counts and physical violence out of it and compare and contrast the other differences to see which is healthier

TBS kids are locked up witout trial for indefinite sentences
Jailed convicted criminals have the right to representation and an appeal. They have a good idea of when they will be free
Normal kids either live among the community or go home to it regularly.

TBS kids get 1/2 an academic education because so much time is devoted to "therapy"
Normal BS/ school first and foremost about school

TBS stops kids from making realistic choices
Normal school kids learn about life from making mistakes and choices

TBS Forces therapy
Normal therapy is voluntary. if the patient is just not feeling it they go somewhere better for them.

TBS uses exercise to punish
Normal school offers recreational activities and opportunities for healthy competition. Sullen chess players are not forced to run if it is not their thing. Blokey boys are not forced to dress in drag to get out of their comfort zone!

Summer camp keeps kids busy and entertained
Wilderness keeps kids busy and penalised for their sins and transgressions

Normal BS sometimes has strict but usually fair rules. The whole family makes the decision as to whether this is what their child will benefit from this
TBS has rules which apply in a focault thesis but not in any actual world setting

Normal BS has houses and year levels appropriate ot age and academic skill. These build comraderie but do not replace the family
TBS has pretend "families" and Peer Groups made up of perfect stangers which replace a real family.

When a normal boarding school kid tells mum that they are homesick and cant wait to be home they are reminded of how the holidays, next home weekend etc is just around the corner. Worried mums who follow up with those in charge are encouraged to call in or see how their child is doing in a day or 2
At TBS a home sick kids is made to suck it up for a year. Worried parents aretold the kids is just making shit up

At normal BS mail and phone calls are uncensored. parents would be puzzled at the suggestion that somebody else would have the right to interfere with the relationship between them and their child
At most TBS censorship is encouraged. Parents apparently have no issue with assuming a stanger knows their child better than they

PPL feel free to add your own  comparisons
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:45:07 AM »
at BM programs children are tortured
at summer camp children are not tortured

(BM ? so aptly named)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 08:15:50 AM »
In a TBS, masturbation is a punishable offense.
In real life, masturbation is a fun thing to do when bored.

In a TBS, isolation is used as punishment. .
In real life, people don't lock other people in cages in the name of help.

In a TBS, parents are praised for their deficiencies and abusive stance.
In real life, these people would have ended up in prison.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »
A couple more:

In a PS kids are exposed to violence
In a TBS they are not

In a PS kids are exposed to Drugs
In a TBS they are not

In a PS kids are ridiculed by teachers and other kids for being different
In a TBS they are not

In a PS kids parents can typically only get updates on their child?s development a few times a year
In a TBS parents get weekly updates.

In a PS kids are given detention (held after school against their will) for breaking the rules.
In a TBS they are not but are given writing assignments instead  or more constructive ways to spend their time.

Offline Dr Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 09:13:45 AM »
In a TBS they are not

Granted school has violence, it doesn't compare to what I personally experienced in a private program. At PS the danger was from rival kids and gangs, not the teachers and the admins of the school.

In a TBS they are not

Not true. Even the most restrictive program like I was in, you can get drugs if you really want them. Suck a staff's cock, something like that, it can go a long way to score some meth to smoke out with a staff.

In a TBS they are not

Oh please man. Ridicule is their therapy of choice in most programs. At least the one's I've been through! If we talked back to teachers in school we'd get detention, not 5 days in an animal cage isolation hole.

In a PS kids parents can typically only get updates on their child?s development a few times a year

So you weren't asking your kid what they learned in school? I thought all parents did that? Do you not believe your kid? Could you not call the teachers? You can get involved, they will not arrest you for taking interest in your child's schooling Who.

In a PS kids are given detention (held after school against their will) for breaking the rules.
In a TBS they are not but are given writing assignments instead  or more constructive ways to spend their time.

I never went to detnetion. So they gave me staurday school. Never went to that, so I got in school suspension. Skipped that, so I got out of school suspension.

In the program, I was physically dragged to a small, cold, isolation room for days at a time, given limited meals and water and not allowed to shower or wear more than dirty sweats and tshirt while sleeping on a piss and shit and cum stained floor.

I am assuming you were trying to be funny, but your comparisons do not reflect the reality of programs, sorry to be the one to inform you of that.
It\'s time to get real!?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 09:20:44 AM »
I am assuming you were trying to be funny, but your comparisons do not reflect the reality of programs, sorry to be the one to inform you of that.

No actually I wasnt.  This was our experience at a TBS, you seem to have attended some place different.  This is why I try to tell parents to look around and do their homework before choosing a path for their child.  These schools can run full spectrum.....

Offline Dr Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 09:42:56 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""

No actually I wasnt.  This was our experience at a TBS, you seem to have attended some place different.  This is why I try to tell parents to look around and do their homework before choosing a path for their child.  These schools can run full spectrum.....

You take a lot of ownership over your daughter's experience, my father does the same. That's why I take everything you say with a grain of salt, because my father still to this day sounds exactly like you, too. Obviously, my own experience was a little more graphic than he likes to tell other people. If you listen to his story and mine they sound completely different. If he called my stay at a program 'our experience at a TBS' I would be offended. He has no idea. How can you show someone something they can't even contemplate exists? How can you draw a picture so vivid, in colors they don't know of?

What program specifically were you talking about so we can avoid confusion? I was talking about WWASPS.
It\'s time to get real!?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »
If you listen to his story and mine they sound completely different.

Yea, heard about some of the WWASP programs
That?s too bad that you both don?t see it the same way?. My daughter attended ASR?.. I can see calling it our experience because it effects the entire family not just the one child.  I am sure the child feels that way and the kids that stay home feel they were effected and the parents feel they were the ones effected (if you talked to them individually)  but in reality it effects everyone.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 10:27:45 AM »
So you weren't asking your kid what they learned in school? I thought all parents did that? Do you not believe your kid? Could you not call the teachers? You can get involved, they will not arrest you for taking interest in your child's schooling Who.

Oh, we were very much involved at all levels.  I am referring to the general communication between the school and home.  If a parent wants to they can talk to a teacher everyday at a TBS or PS but the PS system is set up for very infrequent communication with the teachers where as the TBS?s are set up to communicate at a minimum of once per week.  This was a big difference for us.

Offline Dr Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 10:30:55 AM »
At our school a parent could request special progress reports, and the kid would have to carry a daily progress report around with them for a week for the teachers to write notes about how they were doing.

I see what you are saying about it being a shared experience. The reason I took notice of that is because it's still an issue in my family. How can you share an experience when it consists of two completely contradictory stories?

On the other hand, given the choice, of rather being tortured myself, or being the one responsible for the torture of my loved one, I'd take the first option any day. I got off light. Can't imagine what a parent must go through, if they truly had good intentions, after finding out they paid to have their child abused.

I assume that's why my dad put up the roadblock to discussion on this topic.
It\'s time to get real!?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 10:51:29 AM »
On the other hand, given the choice, of rather being tortured myself, or being the one responsible for the torture of my loved one, I'd take the first option any day. I got off light.

I agree, I would rather take the torture myself over my daughter or child.  I think your dad would too if he had known it was going to be abusive, most parents would give their lives for their kids.

Can't imagine what a parent must go through, if they truly had good intentions, after finding out they paid to have their child abused.

I assume that's why my dad put up the roadblock to discussion on this topic..

It would be an awful feeling, I would imagine.  I would bring a law suit in a heartbeat and organize other parents.  Parents sue the local PS around here for having a book with the word ?God ? in it, I couldn?t imagine what would happen if they were abused.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
See why he's too stupid to be worth talking to, people?

We originally had a topic here.

WITHOUT REPLIES, THE TROLL DIES.

Offline Dr Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 11:06:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
See why he's too stupid to be worth talking to, people?

Nope... can't say I do.
It\'s time to get real!?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 12:26:59 PM »
Wow. I told you he isnt a troll he's just a whackjob,

In a TBS they are not

Aside from the regular "restraints" from the staff and possible attacks from any Hannibal Lectors enrolled.

In a TBS they are not

Kids get creative off what to get high off of in a TBS. Unless of course they sneak real drugs in or simply buy some off the staff.

In a TBS they are not

Cindy I was ridiculed by staff because I hadnt done any drugs. Other kids were picked on by the spirtual staff for being jewish. The gay kids were torn apart almost daily.

Yeah censored and montiored updates from the kids and edited and sugar coated ones from the staff.

In a TBS they are not but are given writing assignments instead or more constructive ways to spend their time.

Yes like carrying boulders around a lake for hours? Or moving railroad ties back and forth for no apparent reason? Is that constructive?

Cindy all youve done here is reinforce that you know nothing about the PTS. Nothing. With every post you lose more credibility. Give it up man, you havent got a clue.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 02:21:02 PM »
Here is one more I can think of:

PS doesn?t promote healthy social interaction mainly focuses on academics
TBS promotes/models and creates healthy relationships and builds self esteem.

I think PS has more flexibility built into their system than TBS's though as far as academics go.