Author Topic: Comparisons which dont involve death counts  (Read 12328 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Comparisons which dont involve death counts
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »
Speaking as someone who had a really lousy time in summer camp and grade school, where I was the object of ridicule, it PALED in comparison to what I went through at a TBS.

Peer bullying is a part of life as an adolescent and a teen, but it is not systemic. It's just social dynamics.
In a TBS, it is most certainly systemic, and is used to break down your resistance and modify your behavior. There is nothing resembling normal social interaction whatsoever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 03:30:46 PM »
Here is one more I can think of:

Don't hurt yourself now.

PS doesn?t promote healthy social interaction mainly focuses on academics

Again Cindy believes he can dictate what does and does not count.

School athletics and extra circular activites are prime examples of what youre claiming doesnt exist.

TBS promotes/models and creates healthy relationships and builds self esteem.

TBS's put people on friendship bans when they see people becoming too good of friends. Forbid the forming of normal boy-girl relationships, and routinley belittle people, force them relive their worst moments and try to convince them they are garbage.

Once again Cindy with every post you reinforce that you know nothing about TBS's or the PTS in general. Nothing at all. You lose more and more credibility every time you post. There is nothing youve can said, no claim you've made thats been worth anything and hasnt been shot down.  Your logic and claims are useless as  you are.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 07:58:10 PM »
I went to PS for twelve years (k-12) and can state first hand that everything The Who said about PS is patently false. Everything was peaches and cream in our wonderful schools. We had good friends and good times. We liked our teachers and even visited them at their homes. We participated in activities and community service projects. We had sports. We had class trips. We learned lots of neat and useful stuff like reading, writing, and how to make a chemical volcano. Many students came back and said thanks to their favorite students. Some of my friends now teach at these schools. I never saw any violence at school.

My Dad taught public school for forty years and never had any violence in his class; not even once. He still has former students visit thank him for the job he did.

Not only does the Who know nothing of TBSs, he knows nothing about PS.

Gee, Who, there are good public schools out there. Who'd a thunk it?

There are ZERO good programs. They use coercive techniques that automatically disqualify them from being 'good.'

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 08:01:44 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
why don't you all just start a thread down in my forum with the real facts and figures about TBS programs. Any attempt to interfer in that thread will be visciously and gleefully deleted.

I tried that ... many posts just disappear which makes it hard to follow along...someone has a delete button in that forum.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »
Quote from: ""AtomicAnt""
I went to PS for twelve years (k-12) and can state first hand that everything The Who said about PS is patently false. Everything was peaches and cream in our wonderful schools. We had good friends and good times. We liked our teachers and even visited them at their homes. We participated in activities and community service projects. We had sports. We had class trips. We learned lots of neat and useful stuff like reading, writing, and how to make a chemical volcano. Many students came back and said thanks to their favorite students. Some of my friends now teach at these schools. I never saw any violence at school.

My Dad taught public school for forty years and never had any violence in his class; not even once. He still has former students visit thank him for the job he did.

Not only does the Who know nothing of TBSs, he knows nothing about PS.

Gee, Who, there are good public schools out there. Who'd a thunk it?

There are ZERO good programs. They use coercive techniques that automatically disqualify them from being 'good.'

So based on your experience we should conclude that all Public schools are the same?  That all kids have a great time and look back on it the way you do?  Good friends good times, no abuse?   Hmmmm

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:28 PM »
"Comparisons which dont involve death counts"
 :rofl:

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »
Do you honestly think I would use the phrase "peaches and cream" without being facetious?

I went to school in the 1970s in a small town in the middle of no where. I did not attend school in a ghetto, which I am sure would be much different. The point that you missed is that the kids in programs tend to come from middle class families. They are not inner city kids in these programs. If they were, there would be more violence, riots, and escapes at these programs.

The point is there is no valid comparison between PS and programs. You're comparing onions and oranges.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 08:58:14 PM »
Quote from: ""AtomicAnt""
Do you honestly think I would use the phrase "peaches and cream" without being facetious?

I went to school in the 1970s in a small town in the middle of no where. I did not attend school in a ghetto, which I am sure would be much different. The point that you missed is that the kids in programs tend to come from middle class families. They are not inner city kids in these programs. If they were, there would be more violence, riots, and escapes at these programs.

The point is there is no valid comparison between PS and programs. You're comparing onions and oranges.

Good point AA -- I think this would mostly explain the difference or lack of homicides in TBS's but I think the suicide rates would be spread out throughout all regions (inner city and suburbia).  Maybe higher in the suburbs, who knows.  My daughter had a kid in her peer group from an inner city public school, but this may not be the norm.
So I don?t think the homicide stats will raise an eyebrow among parents because most are not concerned with their child being killed but more that their child will die as a result of the "at risk behavior" they are involved with.  But the suicide rates should provide a benchmark that could be followed over time and maybe lead parents toward or away from specific TBS's.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »
So I don?t think the homicide stats will raise an eyebrow among parents because most are not concerned with their child being killed by peers but more that their child will .

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 09:44:16 PM »
Cindy,

So based on your experience we should conclude that all TBS's are the same? That all kids have a great time and look back on it the way you do? Good friends good times, no abuse? Hmmmm

Get back to me on that psychward.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 09:59:15 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Cindy,

So based on your experience we should conclude that all TBS's are the same? That all kids have a great time and look back on it the way you do? Good friends good times, no abuse? Hmmmm

Get back to me on that psychward.

no -- Just the opposite,  this has been my contention all along that not all TBS's or public schools are the same.  There is variation in everything there are good TBS's and bad, Good PS and bad ones Etc.  What I have been fighting is a mentality here on fornits that all TBS's are the same and every child that goes there is abused.... I find it amazing that you believe this and expect others to buy into it at the drop of a hat...no parent would ever buy into the belief that every PS is safe and has no violence the same way they would never buy into the mentality that all TBS's abuse kids, they walk away from this with a smile, its nuts.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 10:06:45 PM »
What I have been fighting is a mentality here on fornits that all TBS's are the same and every child that goes there is abused.... I find it amazing that you believe this and expect others to buy into it at the drop of a hat...

Fine a single statement from me even insinuating that I feel this way and I'll apologize to you for every comment Ive made, acknowledge that you are right, and never post on fornits again.

Or I could save you some time, you wont find anything even close to that from me.

At the same time you while you make occasional statements claiming otherwise your actions on fornits would seem to suggest you maintain the same mentality that youre claiming to fight against. Simply in the opposite. You often behave or make blanket statements suggesting that all TBS's are good, and that no kids are abused. Just as you seem to suggest that all PS are bad.

Cant have it both ways Cindy.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »
What I have been fighting is a mentality here on fornits that all TBS's are the same and every child that goes there is abused.... I find it amazing that you believe this and expect others to buy into it at the drop of a hat...

Fine a single statement from me even insinuating that I feel this way and I'll apologize to you for every comment Ive made, acknowledge that you are right, and never post on fornits again.

Or I could save you some time, you wont find anything even close to that from me.

At the same time you while you make occasional statements claiming otherwise your actions on fornits would seem to suggest you maintain the same mentality that youre claiming to fight against. Simply in the opposite. You often behave or make blanket statements suggesting that all TBS's are good, and that no kids are abused. Just as you seem to suggest that all PS are bad.

Cant have it both ways Cindy.

sorry Bob, it is just the way I feel

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 10:11:56 PM »
So you cant back up your claim (yet again) and you feel double standards are okay for you to use?

I told you,  you were nothing more than an arrogant asshole.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »
So you cant back up your claim (yet again) and you feel double standards are okay for you to use?

I told you,  you were nothing more than an arrogant asshole.

Look this has been my position all along since day one, if you dont like it tough beans, Bob, stop your crying.