Author Topic: Truly shocking ST post  (Read 665 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truly shocking ST post
« on: February 13, 2007, 05:45:23 PM »
Quote from: ""HB""
Boy, you do have your hands full! Most would recommend an educational consultant (for $$$$), then wilderness, then residential placement. With that degree of drug use, I imagine they would recommend an RTC (residential treament center) rather then a therapeutic boarding school. You can hire transporters to take him (for more $$$$).

When I discovered my daughters drug use and decided something had to be done, I was sure she would attack the transporters, sure she would run from wilderness. She's really tough. Walked barefoot 5 miles in Nov in the cold, kicked a guys truck with her sandled foot once and caused $1600 damage. Nothing of the sort happened. The transporters were very professional. She made one attempt to run during transport, but quickly realized that wouldn't work. She did purposely fall down a hill at wilderness (and was injured), but knew running wouldn't work. She ended up LOVING wilderness and not wanting to leave. I think many would agree that the wilderness experience is so different then anything else, it really helps them to clear their head and think about what's happening in their life. By the time she finished wilderness, I was able to take her to an RTC. That never could've happened pre wilderness.

If you want specific suggestions, I can PM you (in washington state also, though I'm on the west side of the mountains now).

Is that like the wife that always seems to "bump into things" and "get bruised easily".  Oh... she meant to injure herself...   it was a manipulation...

:flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Some of the parents should be locked up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truly shocking ST post
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »
I KNOW what it's going to do to my digestive system, and yet I read it anyway.

Reading ST is the new masochism.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »