Author Topic: the d word  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:55:35 AM »
When someone posts the gay hydespeak word "ditto" here it reminds me of those everlasting, inappropriate, bizzare, amature phychoanalysis seminars from Hyde School...please don't use the d word....it is disturbing...thank you...ps those who respond to this post with the d word are unorigional , banal hyde losers
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: the d word
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
When someone posts the gay hydespeak word "ditto" here it reminds me of those everlasting, inappropriate, bizzare, amature phychoanalysis seminars from Hyde School...please don't use the d word....it is disturbing...thank you...ps those who respond to this post with the d word are unorigional , banal hyde losers

When you use the word "gay" I am presuming that you are using it the way Cartman and friends use it on South Park: a substitute for the colloquial use of the word "retarded" as a label that indicates that subject is in some way socially substandard, not as an indication of same gender sexual preference.  
  You should be aware that some of the posters here are gay, and may find your use of the word gay unoriginal, banal and offensive.  Sorry if that is too gay for you.

Emil

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:29:32 AM »
When someone posts the gay hydespeak word "ditto" here...

Are you sure you're not refering to "dildo"?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:11:24 PM »
woah, lesson learned..."retarded" I meant retarded...

My depest regrets Emil

I always wondered if there was a lot of repressed alternative lifestyle folks at hyde while I was there. Being a gay adolescent can be frustrating, angering, depressing, ect.  And lead to acting out, or "rebelling". Which can lead to panicked, confused, volnerable parents, which can lead to .....HYDE.
In remembering Henry Milton, and the stuff he wanted to talk about.  I wondered if he was not fostering a social circle for this aspect of the Hyde community. And bringing those boys along mentally. All the power to him if so, everyone needs mentors. I also would get some strange comments from the girls and other teachers because I talked to him alot. I am straight, but scared of girls, I imagine good # considered me gay..not actually a bad thing as some of the girls there were scary in their own right. He reported to me once that some other boys in the dorm told him about my p****. , so he knew all about it...wow, thanks for helping me remember that emil.... Later, He all but asked me to go with him to Sumner Hawleys beach house and...well, you get the story.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »
It doesn't exactly sound like Milton was after "mentoring" as it is commonly construed.

He reported to me once that some other boys in the dorm told him about my p****. , so he knew all about it...

Whoa!!  ExCUSE me?  EEEWW!!!  This guy is a total wierdo, and I am not talking about the gay aspect.  I could not care one piddley squat iota less whether someone else is gay or not.  I'm talking about the psychologically abusive manipulation of power at Hyde.  There is already an incredible disparity by definition, simply because you are talking about underage teenagers on one hand, and an ostensive "adult" on the other.  And this disparity is even more pronounced given the sick ideology at the heart of Hyde.

WOW!!

And Sumner's beach house?  Was it on Fire Island?  Yuk.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 01:28:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
It doesn't exactly sound like Milton was after "mentoring" as it is commonly construed.

He reported to me once that some other boys in the dorm told him about my p****. , so he knew all about it...
Whoa!!  ExCUSE me?  EEEWW!!!  This guy is a total wierdo, and I am not talking about the gay aspect.  I could not care one piddley squat iota less whether someone else is gay or not.  I'm talking about the psychologically abusive manipulation of power at Hyde.  There is already an incredible disparity by definition, simply because you are talking about underage teenagers on one hand, and an ostensive "adult" on the other.  And this disparity is even more pronounced given the sick ideology at the heart of Hyde.

WOW!!

And Sumner's beach house?  Was it on Fire Island?  Yuk.

No wonder Marsha left Henry.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »
Later, He all but asked me to go with him to Sumner Hawleys beach house and...well, you get the story.

Anon (or anyone else for that matter), do fill us in.  What would happen at Summer Hawley's beach house, and was Sumner aware of it?

Anyone else get the overriding impression that there is an awful lot of this kind of activity to be going on at a so-called boarding school, let alone one that touts itself as the "city on the hill"?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:22:41 PM »
I don't know what went on w/ Henry and Sumner...Henry took care of the house near by at the beach when Sumner was not there. Henry Milton had a second wife at the time, I can't remember her name. She was nice, a secretary at the school I think. She helped me write my college application essays. I was not in the gay loop while there. Plus it was some 20+ years ago now. Perhaps Emil or the posters he referrs to know more about that side Of the school?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 10:56:07 PM »
When someone posts the gay hydespeak word "ditto" here...

Are you sure you're not refering to "dildo"?

SCARYYYYYYYY....when I saw "the D word" on here I thought this was a post about Dubinsky.  That man still gives me the creeps.  He gave most of the girls the creeps and yet Hyde still keeps him around.  You guys who went to Hyde in the 70's must have known him as a student rather than a faculty member like us.  Tell us how he was back then.  Did he creep out the girls as a student like he does now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 01:13:57 AM »
woah, lesson learned..."retarded" I meant retarded...

My depest regrets Emil

I always wondered if there was a lot of repressed alternative lifestyle folks at hyde while I was there. Being a gay adolescent can be frustrating, angering, depressing, ect.  And lead to acting out, or "rebelling". Which can lead to panicked, confused, volnerable parents, which can lead to .....HYDE.
In remembering Henry Milton, and the stuff he wanted to talk about.  I wondered if he was not fostering a social circle for this aspect of the Hyde community. And bringing those boys along mentally. All the power to him if so, everyone needs mentors. I also would get some strange comments from the girls and other teachers because I talked to him alot. I am straight, but scared of girls, I imagine good # considered me gay..not actually a bad thing as some of the girls there were scary in their own right. He reported to me once that some other boys in the dorm told him about my p****. , so he knew all about it...wow, thanks for helping me remember that emil.... Later, He all but asked me to go with him to Sumner Hawleys beach house and...well, you get the story.

82, 5th, P****, ect.,

You boys all seems to have shared a deep, personal intimacy with Henry Milton. I hope that whatever Cool Hand Luke that man performed on you, or vice versa, don't leave you emotionly scarred for life. It don't matter if it was consensual, that don't make it right. He was an adult and you was youngsters. Thank you for sharing, boys. This is something that prospective parents should know! No way am I gonna pay 40K so my son can sodomize some pervert.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 11:16:38 AM »
No, I did not have any sex ay Hyde. Now, lotion bottles ran scared and I had a few kissing/petting things going on with a girl or two. But looking back , I think I was in the minority. I escaped there unfettered (Gracious a Dios). I think my inability to fit in here on Fornits (and at Hyde) is that Hyde was a bad experience in my life partly because of the kids that got sent there. And I was forced to live with. I was there during the time when ed legg thought that he could transform the place into a school that attracted normal kids. I was part of that failed experiment. There were normal kids there mixed in with the more typical disrespectful acid trippin brats, repressed alternative lifestyle teens, and hardened criminals. not to mention the "teachers" . I have not seen hyde nor hair of a single Hyde school kid, teacher, or parent in 25 years...and other than wanting to get a few things off my chest, want to keep it that way...thanks all ..

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
No, I did not have any sex ay Hyde. Now, lotion bottles ran scared and I had a few kissing/petting things going on with a girl or two. But looking back , I think I was in the minority. I escaped there unfettered (Gracious a Dios). I think my inability to fit in here on Fornits (and at Hyde) is that Hyde was a bad experience in my life partly because of the kids that got sent there. And I was forced to live with. I was there during the time when ed legg thought that he could transform the place into a school that attracted normal kids. I was part of that failed experiment. There were normal kids there mixed in with the more typical disrespectful acid trippin brats, repressed alternative lifestyle teens, and hardened criminals. not to mention the "teachers" . I have not seen hyde nor hair of a single Hyde school kid, teacher, or parent in 25 years...and other than wanting to get a few things off my chest, want to keep it that way...thanks all ..

Sounds like you fit right in (here)!  Hope you stick around.

I, similarly, have scarcely seen anyone from Hyde in over 30 years.  About 2 years into that span, I ran into a former classmate purely by chance, and about 3 years after that, same thing (different classmate).  Other than that, nada.  Too traumatic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »

Oh so YOU were THE normal kid.  Really there were a bunch of "normal" kids there.  How the hell did Hyde con their parents?

Tim O'Leary

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
my mom was smitten with the America's Spirit kidzbob infomercial they were forcing the students to act in. This farce was done, In place of normal school work, I might add.  She also was into alanon, and the AA like group therapy sessions may have helped her. She learned the real deal later, but by then it was too late for me, I needed to finish and get into college. I had athletic accomplishments and good SATs. I did not get into Swarthmore, but they sent a professor over from Bowdin to interview me...that was a trip , trying to explain what a "growth grade" was to a real educator and why mine were'nt so good. I got into a similar, less "artsy" place in the same area. In college I struggled a little with  basic stuff like english, and drinking, but felt alive , free, and liked.  I have loved life eversince. The thing alien to me while at Hyde. I guess that is why I feel it necessary to pound on the place...I was unhappy and nervous the entire time...the proverbial long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
the d word
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 12:59:50 PM »
Hi Tim, yeah, I was semi-normal.  Had problems with my parents, had run away previously due to undue strictness and corporal punishment, and had spent some time in JuVie and a mental hospital for that (hospital/insurance scam, popular at that time, 'course I didn't know that then).  But, totally straight, zero drugs, zero cigs, no drinking, no sex.  In fact, I was caught for running away because I didn't want to interrupt my schooling, so they knew where I was during the day!  LOL!  So I was semi-normal, albeit traumatized.  After my stint at Hyde, I was even more traumatized, and I honestly feel like I have lost most of my life due to them.

See my post towards the end of 'Thoughts About Hyde' re. types of students Hyde recruited at different times, i.e., their most varied marketing strategies.  This mini-history relates to Bath, and is incomplete.  Perhaps you might care to add to it with your experiences and observations?  In case I screw up linking it correctly, it is towards the end of page 4.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=19252&start=54