Author Topic: I Have A Troubled Son. What should I do?  (Read 26982 times)

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
I Have A Troubled Son. What should I do?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:35 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
Maybe you ought to call the police the next time he tries to hit you.

Or you could fire a hot cup of coffee on him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2007, 10:42:30 PM »
Chill out. He throws the first punches. I defend myself. What should I do, run? Geeze, you need help yourself if you think I enjoy having to fight my own son.

Defending yourself requires bloody noses and bruises? Would it hurt you to terribly to run? Do I want you to prove yourself to your son? Or should you be more worried about needing to prove to your son the pointless nature of violence?

Bring yourself into reality world for god sakes TSW!!!! You'll just drive this poor Dad away. He is going to get pissed off at you guys because you are getting nasty like you always do. Is there a need to be such an asshole? Does it make things any better to be the way you're being. It just makes everything worse. You're making it worse, you like that though don't you.

You too Psy?!! Just stirring the pot, aren't you?!! I'm not in the referrel business. I just believe that there are programs out there that help! Grow up guys!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »
Chill out. He throws the first punches. I defend myself. What should I do, run? Geeze, you need help yourself if you think I enjoy having to fight my own son.

Defending yourself requires bloody noses and bruises? Would it hurt you to terribly to run? Do I want you to prove yourself to your son? Or should you be more worried about needing to prove to your son the pointless nature of violence?

Ya know.  People are going to hate me for saying this.  But if my kid tried to attack me.  I would probably put him in his place too...  especially if running away wasn't an option (it isn't always.)

And another thing people will probably not like me for...  As far as antidepressants go...  they worked for me.  I've been on em since i was 13.  I used to be very aggressive, i would suddenly get enraged for no reason (and i mean no reason)... prozac stopped that.  I'm not saying it's right for all people, but it worked for me.  It takes a few weeks to start working though, so don't expect immediate results....

Yes i know there are risks, but it has helped me, and it can always be discontinued.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 10:49:50 PM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""

Bring yourself into reality world for god sakes TSW!!!! You'll just drive this poor Dad away. He is going to get pissed off at you guys because you are getting nasty like you always do. Is there a need to be such an asshole? Does it make things any better to be the way you're being. It just makes everything worse. You're making it worse, you like that though don't you.

You too Psy?!! Just stirring the pot, aren't you?!! I'm not in the referrel business. I just believe that there are programs out there that help! Grow up guys!

Well gee.  Maybe I was mistaken about you and Kevin...  oh.  I see the light now...  It's all clear... It must have been the stinkin thinking!  My god.  I see now.. it was all a mask i was wearing.  Now i have to find the real me.. will you help me CCM Girl?

Let's keep on topic.  Unless you want to start a thread dedicated to you where we (and a lot of others) can duke it out.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 10:50:21 PM »
Dad Trying,

Get out while you can, LOL!!! Some of the posters here are able to give helpful advice, and that's great. But, some of them come on here to just argue till the cows come home. They love it!

Take a lot of what they have to say with a grain of salt. I try to not let them get under my skin. That's what they enjoy most. Sick, I know! But, hey that's just who they are! They can't help it, they still have a bunch of issues they have not dealt with.

Just feel sorry for them. I know I do.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 10:51:41 PM »

What'd he say? It sounded pretty civil to me....

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 10:53:48 PM »
I just want to take this time to thank baby Jesus for providing Psy with Prozac. That's all, thank you again baby Jesus!!!!!

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »
I didn't know that the baby Jesus gave out pharmaceuticals, lol.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 10:58:41 PM »
Dad Trying,

Get out while you can, LOL!!! Some of the posters here are able to give helpful advice, and that's great. But, some of them come on here to just argue till the cows come home. They love it!

Take a lot of what they have to say with a grain of salt. I try to not let them get under my skin. That's what they enjoy most. Sick, I know! But, hey that's just who they are! They can't help it, they still have a bunch of issues they have not dealt with.

Just feel sorry for them. I know I do.

Yes.  we have many issues.  I for one, am bisexual... my parents sent me to school for that issue.. I see now that i was just confused.  I need to re-evaluate my priorities, and get real.  I don't drink... but maybe the program was right when they convinced me i was an alcoholic after 4 months of gentle persuasion...  My god.  They saved my life!  Without them i might have started drinking!

Look, Dad Trying...  Unlike CCM Girl, I won't tell you to disregard everythign you see here.  What i can say, is that people here are very opinionated about their experiences.

Normally, i like to keep personal arguments, bickering, in their right threads.  as such, i have started a seperate thread to deal with CCM Girl.

CCM Girl:
If you want to argue with me off-topic.  do it there.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2007, 10:59:45 PM »
Oh yeah Ganja, Psy is just so level headed. What a charming young man he is. So polite, so articulate! LOL. I just would of hated to see him without Prozac. He seems to be very angry even on meds?!! Maybe he needs to switch them? Sometimes they do need to do that because the effectivness wears off?!!

Offline Dad Trying

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2007, 11:00:15 PM »

Defending yourself requires bloody noses and bruises? Would it hurt you to terribly to run? Do *you* need to prove yourself to your son? Or should you be more worried about needing to prove to your son the pointless nature of violence?

You try to stop him without throwing some punches. And I think running would definitely send the wrong message-- that he can do anything he wants. The most the police can do is arrest him, then we would have to deal with the judicial system.

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2007, 11:01:27 PM »
Oh yeah Ganja, Psy is just so level headed. What a charming young man he is. So polite, so articulate! LOL. I just would of hated to see him without Prozac. He seems to be very angry even on meds?!! Maybe he needs to switch them? Sometimes they do need to do that because the effectivness wears off?!!

I suppose this discussion should continue on the other thread.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2007, 11:02:39 PM »
Quote from: ""Dad Trying""

Defending yourself requires bloody noses and bruises? Would it hurt you to terribly to run? Do *you* need to prove yourself to your son? Or should you be more worried about needing to prove to your son the pointless nature of violence?

You try to stop him without throwing some punches. And I think running would definitely send the wrong message-- that he can do anything he wants. The most the police can do is arrest him, then we would have to deal with the judicial system.

I have to agree with the dad here.  The popo are notorious in their excessive use of force... and the kid sounds like he might be unstable enough to fight them... which would really be tempting fate.

I'm sure, or at least i hope, that Dad Trying uses as little force as possible.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2007, 11:02:49 PM »

Really? Which programs? Why are they good? What seperates them from the bad ones?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2007, 11:04:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Ganja""
I suppose this discussion should continue on the other thread.

you are right.  here's a link