Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined series)  (Read 1163 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined series)
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:33:58 AM »
Wondering if any other nerds on this site watch this show.

Fuck, it's good.

I haven't seen season 3.0-3.5 yet, though.

Favorite character so far has GOT to be Admiral Cain. We were safer with her than we are without.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:27:55 PM »
Yeah, I like it.  It's pretty cool that they dropped all the Mormon/ancient Egyptian mythology and the cheesy characters from the origibnal series..  A serious overhaul that much improved the story over the original series, which was laughable.    The Cylons are much more interesting, too.  A pretty good show.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:10:22 AM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
Been watching it when I can find the downloads on the internet. Not to bad overall. Good watching material. I have to say though Admiral Cain is a wack biatch and Admiral Adama owned her hard core.

More like Gina owned her!! (Gina was the "number six" on the pegasus who popped Cain in the brains.)

There's actually quite a bit of femslash written about those two... interesting stuff, and I normally dismiss slash and femslash and fanfics in general.

She wasn't wack. Definitely not crazy. She had lost perspective. That's what happens when someone who is extremely ambitious and probably obsessive is exposed to 24/7 trauma and is responsible for many lives. She took the war personally. That was her first mistake. She's an incredibly layered character.

I think whether or not Adama owned her is debatable. They both backed down at the last minute. Had they not, Adama would have prevailed simply for the fact that he spoke to Starbuck first. (But I don't think Thrace would have been able to bring herself to kill her. She admired Cain too much.) Both Adama and Cain are extremely well written and well developed characters. I just like Cain better because she was darker.