Author Topic: Another Young Adult Program: Men of Valor  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Another Young Adult Program: Men of Valor
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:10 PM »
Men of Valor Ranch
Northport, WA
Men of Valor Ranch opens February 1st 2007
Matthew Bruner
509-732-8936
www.menofvalorranch.com
January 19, 2007

Men of Valor Ranch, located on the Columbia River in northeast Washington, opens February 1st 2007. Struggling young men ages 18-25 will come and live for up to 12 months in log cabins on a 40 acre farm and orchard.

Director Matthew Bruner and his wife Dawn are teaming together with Richard and Sharon Bruner (counselors and family members) as well as a full staff that includes former Job Corps trainer and drug counselor Robert Merrill. Other staff advisors include a health coach, a medical doctor to oversee medications, and other life coaches and mentors.

Men of Valor Ranch is dedicated to helping young men deal with the issues that have kept them from coming into maturity and successfully transitioning into manhood. While living in the beauty of the wilderness, the men will experience "on the job therapy", :question:  as staff call it. This includes therapy as needed both individually and in a group?..dealing honestly with themselves and each other as the issues naturally arise.

The men will work on personal issues while learning skills in various construction and agricultural trades, making them "job ready" when they graduate the program. Men of Valor Ranch will offer all residents certificate training in basic construction, wiring, masonry, and nursery stock farming. [Ahhh, another "slave labor" program.]

The program also has a strong emphasis on wellness through both diet and rigorous training.

Men of Valor Ranch is committed to men finding freedom and destiny with good diet, work ethic, life skills training and direct mentoring.
~~

Men of Valor
Bruners- Richard and Sharon (counselors)
             Matthew and Dawn

Richard has experienced a level of pain and anguish that God reserves in particular for those to whom He wishes to entrust attributes of His own character and nature. Richard and his family have endured and persevered in the face of overwhelming odds, and have come out of their trials and afflictions transformed. He has always ministered powerfully in a prophetic dimension, but God is adding a passionate love of the land combined with a heart cry to minister a lifestyle of healing, leadership, and dominion, particularly to Christian men. From his small farm in the beautiful mountains of northeastern Washington, Richard and his family have much to offer as God?s people seek to find the ?old ways? that will bring rest to their souls spoken of in Jeremiah 6:16. I commend Richard to the body of Christ as a man who passionately loves God, honors authority, is a loyal friend, and has a heart overflowing with a desire and an anointing to be a vessel God can use for healing the hearts and souls of Christian men.
http://www.sentintl.com/recommend.php

Matthew (my spiritual son and son-in-law), myself, and a staff of men whom God has called to experience this journey together, invite you come and join us in this "Quest" to have our hearts restored and find the "permission" we all need to be the free and culture changing men God created us to be.
http://www.sentintl.com/menofvalor/index.php

How do father and SIL come to have the same last name?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:12:39 PM »
Inbreeds???  :lol:

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:03:12 PM »
Oh god, this is a sex-abuse farm just waiting to happen. A  bunch of jesus freaks helping "transition" guys into manhood.

"c'mere sonny, let me bring you into maturity. Don't worry about the salty taste. You'll get used to it."

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »
Wondering how long before this becomes the next Waco, or Jonestown.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 03:00:20 AM »
What i dont get about young adult schools is why? Surely one of the very few rewards of parenting is that you can let go when your kids are adults because you are no longer responsible for them!!!!!
This is why retirement is like some kind of second youth!!! the kids are off your hands, your super fund just matured, you can just mellow out, play golf and listen to manilow!!!!!! Why on earth would you still concern yourself with moderating the behaviour of your offspring. This is the time to just figure your kids are who they are, call a truce and relax. If only these idiots could mellow out they might just enjoy their own life and not fuck up their adult child any further!!!!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:01:18 PM »
::boohoo::  ::drummer::
...I'd like to sign up for the Women of Virtue camp!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:37:07 PM »
State Sen. Pam Roach, R-Auburn, said she plans to draft legislation as early as next week making bestiality illegal in Washington.

"This is just disgusting," Roach said yesterday. "It's against the law to harm children; it should be against the law to violate an animal."

-----------------

Guess again Senator Roach - harming kids for profit is big business in America.  Nevertheless we commend you for protecting the rights of animals in Washington State not to be exploited for fun and profit.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... rm16m.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 10:58:20 AM »
"job ready" when they graduate the program. Men of Valor Ranch will offer all residents certificate training in basic construction, wiring, masonry, and nursery stock farming.

yes "job ready" like an illegal immigrant from mexico. Really, 1000s of dollars a month to ready your kid for life as migrant farm worker or if your really lucky.. that dream job... a construction worker!

Its like these parents really HATE theri children and really want to go that extra mile to ensure ALL their potential is wiped out of them.

Then mabye they'll get the humble grateful creatures they DESERVE to have. Also they can point to their humble chld/adults as proof that really, all along it WAS the kids fault...see hes just a construction worker now

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »
It sounds like Man-Love Ranch to me, a Brokeback Mountain kinda butt pirate school.  I'm sure they'll be learning logging and animal husbandry..."Now, you just drop them pants and get across that log...now squeal like a pig, boy,"

I thought Washington had a law stating any child over thirteen has to agree to placement in a residential treatment center, unless court-ordered.  A psychiatrist practicing there told me that.  I don't see how they'll keep 18-25 year-olds down on the farm, since they could have walked out of any facility or simply refused to go.  Maybe I'm wrong, I'll ask again about it.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"