Author Topic: Friendly reminder.  (Read 38711 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #270 on: February 02, 2007, 12:26:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
I suppose the fact that you advocate child torture shouldn't be factored into that?

Child torture, absolutely not! Wake up calls perhaps?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2007, 12:27:58 AM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""
Wake up calls perhaps?

That's a nice euphemism.  :roll:

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #272 on: February 02, 2007, 12:40:48 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Wake up calls perhaps?

That's a nice euphemism.  :roll:

Oh geez, I am so sorry! I meant beat them into submission (my bad)!!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #273 on: February 02, 2007, 12:43:37 AM »
of course that's what you meant ccm girlie. now you're getting honest.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #274 on: February 02, 2007, 12:47:26 AM »
You're right, you've worn me down! I better go nite-nite.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #275 on: February 02, 2007, 04:31:09 AM »
Ok, CCM, if you want us to accept it, justify it.

What are the criteria for a "wake up call". How do you go about setting up a "wake up call".

The programs in question seem to rely on terror, humiliation, captivity and submission to make them "wake up", and apparently require a month or two (at least) to do so.

Why that method? What proof do you have that it works? How do you refute what PROFESSIONALS (i.e. people with enough education and experience to talk about this seriously...) have to say that is completely contrary to what you advocate?

How do you reconcile justifying that with speaking out against WWASPS?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #276 on: February 02, 2007, 05:00:26 AM »
So if we could get back to the discussion on whether or not trying to get rid of the industry is a worth less cause, ccm girl and kevin you may want to check out this old article from a now defunct sydney paper.
http://www.nospank.net/riak80.htm
It may surprise many of you as it did me to find out that jordan Riak of No Spank lived with his children in Australia in the early 1980s. While this barbaric practice has long since been stamped out, at that time it was a socially accepted practice in our public schools. When a friend of his son was caned by the local primary school, he staged a publicty stunt where by he went to the school, stole the cane and then turned himself into the police for theft so that they would be forced to charge him and the issue would be public. By the end of that decade the practice was banned in all Australian states.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2007, 05:02:57 AM »
Why even bring that up?

This is about can a parent arbitrarily have a child get sent off to be tormented, terrorized and humiliated all day, every day, for months or years to "wake them up" to "make them behave" despite the fact that we know all you do by doing that is... uh, terorize and humiliate them.

If they have any real problems, you just made them worse, and I would hardly say a "wake up call" from months of terror which amounts to "OBEY OR SUFFER" somehow compares to education, therapy, and positive reinforcement.

But, oh well, this is the ed-con industry they're getting into, so can't talk about that now can I?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2007, 03:44:07 PM »
Hey, I'm jumping on this bandwagon. I am hereby starting my very own Program to provide distance-learning community-based care for your teen. Yes, for the low, low price of US$100, I will personally give your troubled teen his very own wake up call.

When you make your booking for your child, please indicate the date and time you want him woken up. For best results, book early so that your preferred date and time is available.

Julie
(Disclaimer: You agree to place a telephone in your child's room beside the bedside for your scheduled wake up call. You further agree to ensure your child is in said bed at the scheduled date and time. You agree to hold our service harmless and assume liability for any injuries, physical or psychological, resulting from your child's wake up call--including but not limited to PTSD, dental damage, bone or ligament damage, bruises, abrasions, pain and suffering, death, jail, or insanity. You also agree that our service has no responsibility or liability for providing any wake up call at any date or time whatsoever. You agree to pay all legal fees or collection costs associated with our collecting the aforementioned $100 fee from you, in its entirety. You agree, upon our demand, to wear a t-shirt, to be provided, carrying the legend, "The wearer is an idiot." You agree to hold our service harmless in the event that the service fails to provide said shirt or in cases of poor fit with no warranty of merchantibility or fitness for a particular purpose. You agree to hold our service harmless in the event that your child sleeps through his wake up call, or otherwise fails to rouse for reasons of drug use, illness, or any other reason. Void where prohibited.)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2007, 05:45:26 PM »
I know I come across it here at times LOL. Somebody told me a few days ago when they were running errands with me that I command a lot of attention. Yeah, so? Respect me, and I will respect you. If people run to open doors, and push their way through to personally help me with anything that I do in everyday life. Does that make me bitchy? I never talk down to people. When we throw parties everybody is invited. It bothers me you guys have this impression of me as being a cold hearted bitch. I'm just not.

I find it odd that you would have that sort of a M.O. for yourself, yet advocate putting children in situations where they have to submit, or else.

It just doesn't add up. So what is it, only teenagers can be n*****s now?