Author Topic: The Evils of Flouride  (Read 3019 times)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:00:25 PM »
The Flouride Conspiracy:
http://www.ekostv.com/node/125

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 10:30:41 PM »
Tooth decay for paranoids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 10:43:38 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 10:46:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

::bwahaha::  :scared:  :skull:  ::ftard::  ::stab::  ::nod::  ::deal::  ::argue::   :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »
Hey...you've got to admit that was pretty funny![/b][/i]

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 12:37:25 AM »
Yes, it was fucking hilarious. :skull:

"We are told by the fanatical ideologists who are advocating the fluoridation of the water supplies in this country that their purpose is to reduce the incidence of tooth decay in children, and it is the plausibility of this excuse, plus the gullability of the public and the cupidity of public officials that this is responsible for the present spread of artificial water fluoridation in this country. However, and I want to make this very definite and very positive: the real reason behind water fluoridation is not to benefit children's teeth. If this were the real reason, there are many ways in which it could be done that are much easier, cheaper and far more effective. The real purpose behind water fluoridation is to reduce the resistance of the masses to domination, control and loss of liberty. When the Nazis decided to go into Poland, the German General Staff and the Russian General Staff exchanged scientific and military ideas, plans and personnel, and also the sheme of mass control through water medication was seized upon by the Russian Communists because it fitted ideally into their plan to Communize the world. I say this with all earnestness and sincerity of a scientist who has spend nearly 20 years research into the chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology of fluorine -- any person who drinks artificially fluoridated water for a period of one year or more will never again be the same person, mentally or physically."

http://www.mind-trek.com/arti-int/961202c.txt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 12:55:48 AM »
And I've been drinking straight from the tap/foods mixed with tap water since I was little.

Looks like I'm fucked!

:rofl:

Remember, tap water is the major ingredient in Kool-Aid!

(Jesus, seriously people- if you believe this shit, there's a lot more wrong with you than can be explained with a simple negatively-charged ion.)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 01:03:38 AM »
And I've been drinking straight from the tap/foods mixed with tap water since I was little.

Looks like I'm fucked!

Remember, tap water is the major ingredient in Kool-Aid!

(Jesus, seriously people- if you believe this shit, there's a lot more wrong with you than can be explained with a simple negatively-charged ion.)

I did too, so we're in the same boat as far as that goes. LOL @ kool aid.

I really don't know what to think of this yet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 01:09:46 AM »
Quote from: ""grasshopper""
Yes, it was fucking hilarious. :skull:

"We are told by the fanatical ideologists who are advocating the fluoridation of the water supplies in this country that their purpose is to reduce the incidence of tooth decay in children, and it is the plausibility of this excuse, plus the gullability of the public and the cupidity of public officials that this is responsible for the present spread of artificial water fluoridation in this country. However, and I want to make this very definite and very positive: the real reason behind water fluoridation is not to benefit children's teeth. If this were the real reason, there are many ways in which it could be done that are much easier, cheaper and far more effective. The real purpose behind water fluoridation is to reduce the resistance of the masses to domination, control and loss of liberty. When the Nazis decided to go into Poland, the German General Staff and the Russian General Staff exchanged scientific and military ideas, plans and personnel, and also the sheme of mass control through water medication was seized upon by the Russian Communists because it fitted ideally into their plan to Communize the world. I say this with all earnestness and sincerity of a scientist who has spend nearly 20 years research into the chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology of fluorine -- any person who drinks artificially fluoridated water for a period of one year or more will never again be the same person, mentally or physically."

http://www.mind-trek.com/arti-int/961202c.txt

What do you mean you don't know what to think of this yet?

Sound pretty sure of your opinion in the above post...

Offline teachback

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 01:20:18 AM »
That was a quote.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 12:46:12 AM »
My dad used to tell me that the idea of fluoride as anything but a deadly toxic poison was new and radical when he was growing up. And he grew up near enough to steel country to be well familiar with the stuff, as it's used in steel production.

Here's an interesting bit of local history from over here on the other side of the state:

The Donora Fluoride Fog:
A Secret History of America's Worst Air Pollution Disaster

This article appears in the Fall 1998 Earth Island Journal
by Chris Bryson

The anniversary of the worst recorded industrial air pollution accident in US history - which occurred 50 years ago this October in Donora, Pennsylvania -will go virtually unmarked. The Donora incident, which killed 20 and left hundreds seriously injured and dying, was caused by fluoride emissions from the Donora Zinc Works and steel plants owned by the US Steel Corporation.

In the aftermath of the accident, US Steel conspired with US Public Health Service (PHS) officials to cover up the role fluoride played in the tragedy. This charge comes from Philip Sadtler, a top industrial chemical consultant who conducted his own research at the scene of the disaster.

Fifty years later, Earth Island Journal has learned, vital records of the Donora investigation are missing from PHS archives. Fifty years later, US Steel continues to block access to their records of the Donora disaster, including a crucial air chemical analysis taken on the final night of the tragedy.
The "Donora Death Fog"
Horror visited the US Steel company-town of Donora on Halloween night, 1948, when a temperature inversion descended on the town. Fumes from US Steel's smelting plants blanketed the town for four days, and crept murderously into the citizens' homes. If the smog had lasted another evening "the casualty list would have been 1,000 instead of 20," said local doctor William Rongaus at the time. Later investigations by Rongaus and others indicated that one-third of the town's 14,000 residents were affected by the smog. Hundreds of residents were evacuated or hospitalized. A decade later, Donora's mortality rate remained significantly higher than neighboring areas.

Full Text: http://www.fluoridation.com/donora.htm

I can't assess the scientific side of it, but I can tell you that this area has an extremely high rate of 'special' people in the 40 - 60 age range.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 01:20:47 AM »
I grew up in Dallas, which had an exceptionally high level of fluoride in the water, and I turned out fi-....  

wait a minute...

FUCK!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 01:36:07 AM »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
The Evils of Flouride
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 04:57:56 AM »
http://www.ewg.org/issues/fluoride/20060405/index.php

Harvard Study:
Strong Link Between Fluoridated Water and Bone Cancer in Boys
Department Chair With Industry Ties Misrepresented Results to Federal Authorities

(WASHINGTON, April 5) ? Boys who drink water with levels of fluoride considered safe by federal guidelines are five times more likely to have a rare bone cancer than boys who drink unfluoridated water, according to a study by Harvard University scientists published in a peer-reviewed journal.

The study, led by Dr. Elise Bassin and published online today in Cancer Causes and Control, the official journal of the Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention, found a strong link between fluoridated drinking water and osteocarcoma, a rare and often fatal bone cancer, in boys. The study confirms studies by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the New Jersey health department that also found increased rates of bone cancer in boys who drank fluoridated tap water.

Bassin's study comes on the heels of a National Academy of Sciences (NAS) report that found the federal "safe" limit for fluoride in tap water did not protect children from dental fluorosis or increased bone fractures. The NAS recommended that the allowable limit for fluoride in tap water be lowered immediately.

"This study raises very serious concerns about fluoride's safety and its potential to cause bone cancer in teenage boys," said Richard Wiles, EWG's senior vice president. "The findings raise fundamental questions about the wisdom of adding fluoride to tap water."

The Bassin study is also at the center of a joint federal and Harvard ethics investigation into whether Dr. Chester Douglass?the chairman of Oral Health Policy and epidemiology at Harvard Dental School and Bassin's doctoral thesis advisor?lied about the results of her work when reporting the results of his federally funded research to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS).

Last year, Environmental Working Group (EWG) obtained documents strongly suggesting that Douglass may have misrepresented Bassin's findings. Douglass has received large federal grants to study the relationship between fluoridated drinking water and bone cancer, and is on the payroll of Colgate, the toothpaste giant, where he has edited their dentists' newsletter for more than a decade.

When pressed recently by an investigative reporter from Fox News in Boston as to the quality of Bassin's findings, Douglass had nothing but praise for the work. "She did a good job. She had a good group of people advising her. And it's a nice?it's a nice analysis. There's nothing wrong with that analysis," he said.

"It's nice to see that Dr. Douglass has finally come clean on the quality of Dr. Bassin's work. It's just a shame that he was not so forthcoming when reporting on his work to the NIH," Wiles said.

Fox filmed Dr. Douglass waving a draft copy of Harvard's investigation of his conduct, and saying the university's report will be coming out soon. Last year, EWG asked the NIEHS, which funded Douglass' research, to investigate whether he misrepresented his findings.

EWG urges communities not to add fluoride to tap water, and advises parents to avoid fluoridated water for their children, particularly bottle fed infants. "Fluoride is fine in toothpaste, where it is directly applied to the teeth, but provides almost no dental benefit in water, while presenting serious health risks, particularly for boys," Wiles said.

###

Environmental Working Group is a nonprofit research organization based in Washington, D.C., that uses the power of information to protect human health and the environment. The group's work on fluoride is available at http://www.ewg.org/issues/siteindex/iss ... sueid=5031.
stattrax.com
-------------- • -------------- • --------------