Author Topic: Jordan Riak is a bloddy legend  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Jordan Riak is a bloddy legend
« on: February 02, 2007, 05:03:38 AM »
i posted this in thhe wwasp forum as well
http://www.nospank.net/riak80.htm
It may surprise many of you as it did me to find out that jordan Riak of No Spank lived with his children in Australia in the early 1980s. While this barbaric practice has long since been stamped out, at that time it was a socially accepted practice in our public schools. When a friend of his son was caned by the local primary school, he staged a publicty stunt where by he went to the school, stole the cane and then turned himself into the police for theft so that they would be forced to charge him and the issue would be public. the link shows a newspaper article from the covering the incident. By the end of that decade the practice was banned in all Australian states.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:05:15 AM »
Not that i know of. Did he make money referring?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
I first learned about this industry at the nospank site.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 04:13:57 PM »
Jordan is buddies with Isabelle Zehnder....thus Sue Scheff.
He's a talker, talker , talker.
Think IZZY has a couple of pictures of herself and Jordan posted over there.
I found out about this industry through Sue Scheff, when she referred us to Whitmore Academy.
Doesn't mean she's OK.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 09:10:32 PM »
Whatever is happening now is not really the point. What stood out to me about this article and this mans work over here was the following

-At the time he was an outsider. Given that corporal punishment was then a social norm it is likely that he would have been seen by many as some wacky American who believed in letting Australias young just run wild.

-He perservered anyway and campaigned against corporal
punishment.
- people began listening
-His view went from being seen as radical and crazy to a social norm and had a concret effect on both social opinion and public policy.

This is why i disagree wiith CCM girl when she says that because something is socially accepted it is unchangable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TS - asking again
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 12:41:25 AM »
It's been asked before and I'll ask it again. Would you mind getting rid of that thing you put at the end of you posts because it really is disgusting and disturbing. If you care about kids then why would you put such a gross and sick thing wtih blood shooting all over the pages of Fornits when you know kids look at this.

Sick.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
You know, there are other ways of eliminating that picture from what you see here. You can use firefox (a real browser) to block any images from that site he linked to. And screw your moralizing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 12:51:46 AM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 12:50:41 AM »
What the fuck?

You think his silly little video is in any way comparable to the detailed descriptions of real-world child abuse found on this site?

Priorities!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: TS - asking again
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 01:53:03 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
If you care about kids then why would you put such a gross and sick thing wtih blood shooting all over the pages of Fornits when you know kids look at this.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Jordan is buddies with Isabelle Zehnder....thus Sue Scheff.
He's a talker, talker , talker.
Think IZZY has a couple of pictures of herself and Jordan posted over there.
I found out about this industry through Sue Scheff, when she referred us to Whitmore Academy.
Doesn't mean she's OK.

Do you have anything to substantiate that Isabelle and Riak are 'buddies'? There's also a picture of Cathy Sutton, and she isn't a 'buddy'. People don't have to be 'buddies' to work on an event together. If anything, I'd say she is using Riak's good reputation to further her own. Any proof that Riak supports programs? Honest question. I don't know the answer.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »
Quote from: ""grasshopper""
You know, there are other ways of eliminating that picture from what you see here. You can use firefox (a real browser) to block any images from that site he linked to. And screw your moralizing.

Just grab the adblock firefox extension
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »
Jordan is a good guy. I would agree with Deb, that Izzy is just riding his coat tails hoping some of his reputation for integrity might fall back on her.

I seriously doubt he has any idea of the depth of controversy surrounding Sue Scheff. If he has heard about it, I expect he is among those who accepted her explanations with out much question. He seems like the type who would never think a friend would lie to him because he would never dream of lying to them.

As for referring - not that I ever heard of. Can't imagine he would.

TSW - the graphics are distracting and gross. It isn't "moralizing" to say so. It is just stating a fact. You know it - that's why you use it. I do try an avoid looking at them. I scroll up till they disappear from the screen - which means if you are saying anything interesting, I am missing it. I'd rather miss it - no matter what it is, than have to look at that crap over and over.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 07:22:53 PM »
I don't find it offensive, just a little annoying in the triggering-a-seizure sort of way.

Can you at least find one where the Burger King guy gets it?  He's creepier than Ron. :scared:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 07:55:37 PM »
I'm curious what Buzzkill thinks about Kevin's referral website, teenshelp.us. and what the chatter is among the ex-Purists given how this is essentially history repeating itself - except instead of an ex WWASPS parent alleging WWASPS programs are abusive and offering to help parents find safe and effective options, t's a 21 year old ex WWASPS detainee.  

:roll:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 10:22:38 PM »
Well, I'm not Buzzkill. But, like everybody, I have an opinion.

Check out the lyrics to Alice Cooper's Ballad of Dwight Fray. It has become somewhat of an anthem to former Program staff. See if you can spot the one incongruent line that says it all.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes