Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Facility Question and Answers

The Carlbrook thread

<< < (2/28) > >>

Charly:
I think it shows my son is strong (no surprise there).  I'm not sure what all he was supposed to rat about, but he doesn't do that stuff.

When I asked him about the groups over Christmas, I told you his responses.  He wanted to go to the third workshop before he left Carlbrook, but they wouldn't let him because he was a short-timer

psy:

--- Quote from: ""Charly"" ---When he was still there, he seemed to like the workshops.  I wonder if it was just because it was something different.  That's what makes me wonder if they were "softer" than what you describe- CEDU etc
--- End quote ---

You watched the Landmark forum documentary right?  Did people hate it.  Of course not.  The entire point is for you to love it.

What they do is create an emotional breakdown using ... for example.. painful childhood memories, and then once you're miserable.. they hand you abox of tissues and have a hug-fest.  people love it.  they create misery... with a myriad of methods... and when you're exhausted and broken down... cash in.

psy:
bans.  that is a cedu term  afaik.  it may be also straight but i do not know for sure.  It referrs to a ban on communication with a person or a group.

Charly:
If they thought kids were forming too strong a bond and possibly excluding others- usually boy/girl bond but could be same sex friendship- they put you on "bans".  This meant you had to act like the other kid didn't exist- i.e. couldn't even hold the door for them.
My son, for some reason, seems to be very attractive to girls. (not that he treats them very well  :))  Anyway, he immediately was on bans with his female counterpart, the Carlbrook "babe".  Subsequently, he got on bans with ALL Females.

psy:

--- Quote from: ""Charly"" ---If they thought kids were forming too strong a bond and possibly excluding others- usually boy/girl bond but could be same sex friendship- they put you on "bans".  This meant you had to act like the other kid didn't exist- i.e. couldn't even hold the door for them.
My son, for some reason, seems to be very attractive to girls. (not that he treats them very well  :))  Anyway, he immediately was on bans with his female counterpart, the Carlbrook "babe".  Subsequently, he got on bans with ALL Females.
--- End quote ---

So.  Normal relationships... they don't encourage.  Friendships...  Any cedu vets want to elaborate on what a "friend" is redefined to be in program?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version