Author Topic: Warning The Kids  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Warning The Kids
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
Someone else in another thread mentioned warning kids about this sort of thing.

I'm going to reiterate what I posted on another forum and hope that others will do the same: Remember, folks, don't be afraid to register an account on kids' forums for this. Google for something kids are interested in plus "forum", make an account, and post. The admin is probably not going to delete it (and that's the worst thing he can do), especially if you're open about what you're doing. It's not like spam where you're promoting a commercial interest.

Similarly, searching Myspace for kids who are about to be sent away is a time-consuming but good idea. Make an account, leave a message. Lives can depend on it.

Quote from: ""std_warning""
All right, this one is very off-topic and hopefully applies to nobody on this board. There are places in the United States where parents can legally send their children to be "behavior modified", basically caged and tortured, or sent to "wilderness therapy" where dehydration, potentially fatal, is common. I don't think any of the minors on this board have parents that crazy, but I can't be sure.

If your parents have discussed sending you to any sort of "residential treatment center", "therapeutic boarding school" or arranged a meeting with an "educational consultant", don't wait; immediately direct your parents to http://www.fornits.com as soon as possible. Your future might depend on it. This also goes for any friends you might have in this situation. Get them and/or their parents over to Fornits ASAP.

No, this post isn't a joke. I hope it doesn't give anyone nightmares.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Warning The Kids
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:55:23 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
Remember, folks, don't be afraid to register an account on kids' forums for this.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  ::both::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Warning The Kids
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 07:58:56 PM »
Yeah, and don't be afraid to register an account here, while you're at it. :roll:

(some days I forget where I am...)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Warning The Kids
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 10:42:58 PM »
As nobel as that is, quiet honestly I dont think kids care pretty much at all unless it touches them personally, I know I dident care untill I had some one important to me shiped off. Kids have to much to worry about without dumping activism on their plate.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Warning The Kids
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 10:53:17 PM »
Maybe, but what's the alternative? Not warning them? Granted, the vast, vast majority of parents would never consider this, but it's always hard to tell...

It'd be nice if there was a "kids with fucking insane parents" forum someplace, then we could get them all at once.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Warning The Kids
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 11:04:59 PM »
It'd be nice if there was a "kids with fucking insane parents" forum someplace, then we could get them all at once.

That would be a really good name for it; I imagine a title like that could be appealing to teenagers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Warning The Kids
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:03:25 PM »
Quote from: ""grasshopper""
That would be a really good name for it; I imagine a title like that could be appealing to teenagers.

http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/ ... 1143415810

http://www.nospank.net/chapeli.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2006/08/02 ... icide.html   :(

~ Exhausted