Author Topic: CEDU schools reopening  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:11:02 AM »
it looks like the following old CEDU schools/ programmes have been reopened by a company called universal health services

http://www.bouldercreekacademy.net/

http://www.ascent4teens.com/

http://www.nwacademy.net/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 09:05:41 AM »
Well, we knew this was happening, but we didn't know when.  I guess we do now.

UHS is a gigantic health services provider.  I hope they are willing to "follow the rules" of proper patient care, but somehow I doubt they will.  

Time to crank up the ol' letter writing machine and see what these folks are up to...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
how do we know it's CEDU? what is CEDU 2007?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:36:56 AM »
how do we know it's CEDU? what is CEDU 2007?

What, besides the campus(es) being used for that shit again makes them CEDU programs? And what is so bad about that?

Pretend I'm anonymous in answering. I know nothing about nothing.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 11:01:32 AM »
Well, one thing that tipped me off is that the website for NWA is, if memory serves, almost identical to the one when Brown owned them, down to the pictures of the students. You would think that if they wanted to pitch something new, they would have. That struck me as odd. Maybe my memory is just playing tricks with me.

Also, UHS owns the Provo Canyon facility. I don't know too much about that place, but I do recall some people on the boards a while ago saying it was horrid.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »
WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!!    Somebody grab a wooden stake.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »
I would love a shotgun right about now...

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
It's like the Hydra, whack off a head or two and they grow back.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 05:11:01 PM »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »
i dont know if they are being run ander the old cedu model. i just know they have been reopened and they are all tbs (except for ascent whic is a wilderness prog)
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »
Judge OKs CEDU sale
Posted: Saturday, Aug 13, 2005 - 10:54:39 am PDT
By ELIZABETH CIEPIELA
Hagadone News Network

BONNERS FERRY -- The papers are signed, the judge has approved the sale and four former CEDU properties have a new owner -- and a new future in the therapeutic schools industry.

Friday, a U.S. Bankruptcy court of Delaware judge approved Universal Health Services' bid of $10 million for the properties.

The properties and programs included in the bid are the former Ascent Therapeutic Adventure Program, Boulder Creek Academy, Rocky Mountain Academy and Northwest Academy. Milestones Transitional Program is tied up in litigation and was not included in the sale.

Brown Schools Bankruptcy Trustee George Miller helped make it all happen, testifying before the judge Friday.

Debra Osteen, UHS vice president, said the company plans to restore the properties to a therapeutic schools program and wants to hire former CEDU staff from North Idaho.

"I never thought it would not open. I just wasn't sure how long it would take," said Linda Shaffer, an educational consultant based in Sandpoint who has worked in therapeutic schools before.

UHS is one of the largest hospital and healthcare management companies in the nation, and employs more than 30,000 people. Shaffer has heard that representatives of its behavioral health branch wish to meet with former CEDU management to help shape the schools under new ownership.

"Any large organization that purchases a system like this, one of the keys is to be sure to bring in people who've worked in this industry for some time ... who have been part of past successes," Shaffer said.

"I knew there were lots of people out there who had already figured out that when you get a paycheck that's connected in some way in helping kids save their own lives, that there are huge rewards for everyone -- not only the staff and the families and the children ... but for the community as well."

On Friday, March 25, Brown Schools closed abruptly with no warning, citing financial insolvency and filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The sudden closure left about 290 people in Boundary and Bonner counties without work. Until its sudden closing, CEDU tied with the Boundary County School District as the county's largest employer.

On Thursday, June 30, Miller identified UHS as the best offer for the former CEDU properties.

Paul Johnson, former director of Boulder Creek Academy, said he anticipates the coming weeks will be busy.

"I'm very pleased to hear that they want to work with management and staff," he said. "We have a lot of great people out here. We have a lot of good really dedicated staff who have proved themselves over the years that they are very effective in helping kids."

"I've gotten calls and talked to consultants who are very excited at the prospect of Boulder Creek and Northwest and Ascent opening reopening because they have students they would like to place in schools, which is very encouraging to me."

CEDU Running Springs
Chabad of Los Angeles, a Jewish organization, has purchased the acreage and buildings which once housed CEDU School in Running Springs. The Aug. 10 auction was held in Philadelphia with Chabad paying $4.3 million for the local property.

King George
(July 28, 2006) Universal Health Services, owner of Northwest Academy, Boulder Creek and Ascent in Idaho, Provo Canyon and Center for Change in Utah, and King George School in Vermont, announced that despite rumors that they might be the next target of a leveraged buyout, they are not having talks with any private equity firms.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU schools reopening
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 07:33:37 PM »
It's time to drop the pretense and start going after UHS directly.