Author Topic: Come Back Daytopper !  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come Back Daytopper !
« on: January 09, 2002, 04:58:00 AM »
Take a couple of days and tell us all you can
 Peace,
   Tommy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Come Back Daytopper !
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2002, 05:04:00 AM »
Continue to post Anonymously so you won't
get punished ofr 'manipulation' or some damn
thing.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Come Back Daytopper !
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2002, 06:21:00 PM »
On 2002-01-09 02:04:00, Anonymous wrote:
 Continue to post Anonymously so you won't
get punished ofr 'manipulation' or some damn

thing.

Oh, in case it doesn't go without saying, you're certainly welcome to post here anonymously or not, with or without a special forum for Daytop. And I'd welcome any material you might send. Even if, as an anonymouse source, it has no value whatever, it will probably contain leads. I'll look after my own butt wrt verification if I choose to publish.

I want to define the term anonymous in this context, though, so there's no misunderstanding. Any time you access a website or any other service (mail, ftp.... whatever) the system has to know your IP address in order to route responses back to your machine. In many cases, that's a firewall or proxy, so that the sysadmin can't tell (without going to extraordinary and probably illegal measures) anything more than which isp you're using. That goes for any website, any mail server... anything.

Anyone who's seriously concerned about protecting their anonymity should check with their isp and find out what their policy is and look into using a proxy if you're not satisfied with that policy.

WRT law enforcement, all bets are off. Even before the Patriot act, they could effectively gain access to just about anything on the net they really wanted. Now there's absolutely no legal hurdle.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes