Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > The Troubled Teen Industry

Boarding School Truth

(1/3) > >>

Carey:
Does anyone know what happened to the Boarding School Truth website?  I suspect one of two things.  Either WWASP has paid for thier silence in which they have had to take the site off the net for monetary gain or they have taken their site down due to the class action law suit that is underway.

Some believe that the site might have been "squashed" by WWASP.  I am not sure exactly what is meant by that. If by "squashed" you mean that WWASP has somehow taken them down.  Then there should be an explination provided by the internet host to BS4 in which BS4 would be able to pass on to the rest of us.  

There has to be a reason why BS4 is not willing to explain why he/she has pulled the site.

I think it was such a great site.  It is a true loss of good informative resources.

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-04-08 10:40 ]

FaceKhan:
Probably having something to do with a lawsuit or the threat of one. Maybe WWASP even got some utah judge to issue a gag order.

Janet:
I think you are correct FaceKhan, because the Lichfields do give a lot of money to the Republican party and it would be worth their while to also donate to local judgeships.  I have no proof but I have thought for quite some time that WWASP had a lot of control over local police and court systems. Asking for a gag order should be easy. :evil:   Right after BS4 was kicked off of Angelfire BS4 said she would go nomad if necessary.  I think she is unable to go nomad.  Does anyone have her e-mail address to tell her to come here or to Barbe Stamps Internet post.

Antigen:
I don't have any proof of undue influence on the police and judiciary either. But I do know of a lot of unfunny coincidences wrt Seed and Straight clients. It seems that they went out of their way to recruite a ballance of cops, judges and one doctor, usually a pediatrician, whevever they planned to expand. The doctor was there so that they could say kids were getting medical care without letting the kid have contact with non-member professionals.

So it wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out that WWASP operated the same way. But it seems asthough it would be harder to find out about it. We lived in each-others homes and knew what each-other's parents did for a living. Afterward, we can compare notes and see a pattern. But TOUGHLOVE parent groups are more anonymous than that, aren't they?

Government operates best when it allows all messengers to offer their views, allowing the American people to decide which take root and which wither away.
--Harold Furchtgott-Roth, member of the Federal Communications Commission
--- End quote ---

Carey:
Why would he/she not be protected by the 1st Amendment?  It just does not make any sense to me.  That can't be the explination. A judge can not take away one's right to freedom of speech.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version