Author Topic: my favorite things  (Read 3805 times)

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
my favorite things
« on: April 08, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »
my husband and kids
rainy afternoons
the movie "Men Don't Leave"
chocolate
the Brady Bunch
really great sex
FoodTV
Chopin
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
painting
cooking
really good cheese
my beagle and my Brittany
a good belly laugh
my patients
learning new things
Poland
freedom
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 11:42:00 AM »
My Family
Shopping with my daughter
Canooing with Jonathan
Swimming in a huge rock quarry on a sunny summer day, alone.
friends
BBQs
fresh fruit in a pie
Awesome music
fireplaces
stars
Having a Garden
Saturday afternoons
rainbows
mountains
Trees
leaves changing colors
picnics
fresh snow
flowers
driving with the windows down, while listening to good music
The ocean
Laughing
Loving
Living
Learning
Growing
Giving
I could go on...
Hedwigfan,
I've been meaning to comment, that is one of my favorite movies. I cry every time! It's so good. (Hedwig and the Angry Inch) that is. The sound track it awesome. Good stuff!
My other favorite movie is Harold and Maude.
HWF, are you Polish?
I am Polish, a painter, and I love to cook! Even though I'm vegen, I love good cheese.
Goat cheese. MMmmmmmmmm.
I liked your post, and thought I'd tell you hi.
Morli

Offline ehm

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »
Well, I was logged in, oops! Oh well, that's me.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »
Anyone remeber writing "in-words" and inspiration lists on your MI's?  

I think its a positive thought, this thread...although its probably the very last bit of creepiness that I can stand.  This place has gone to hell in a handbasket.

No offense to those posting their favorite things....it just reminds me personally of when staff would call for a song while someone was being thrown to the floor....we were all singing and chanting....and in the bcakground, there was screaming.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline ehm

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »
No offense to those posting their favorite things....

Right......

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »
Yes, I am Polish, and have quite a bit of family in southern Poland. My last visit there was in 2001 with my parents, my husband, and our kids. It was the last trip I took with my father, who was born and raised there. He died suddenly on Feb. 2 of this year, and I miss him terribly.
  Alway like to hear from other fans of Hedwig. Really great music and graphics. "I feel so optimistic..."

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 02:16:00 PM »
You know, your just pissed because your husband got on here and ranted and raved about how we should all keep our mouth shut if we didnt want to jump on the bandwagon of love and goodness every single time some one posted.  And some people felt that was wrong, so it was voiced....yes, by me it was voiced as well.  And you have been crawling up my ass every single time I post whether its benign or not! Then you surf around posting like you are miss "Star of Hope" all over the place trying to be so HELPFUL.

I think its garbage.  If I wanted to be offensive to you in that last post, why the hell would I make any statement clarifying that it was again...MY PERSONAL feelings.  PERSONAL OPINIONS, of which all seem to have gone to shit on this board.  Join the ranks or be crushed.  I have never been hounded or given so much grief by anyone as I have by you in the last few weeks and I have been posting here for almost 2 years.

We all get into debate here, but to be honest I had never seen anthing so blatantly censoring and a violation of the right to opinion as I had when he made that post.  I sometimes play the Devil's Advocate here in order to help keep up a healthy open position, for myself as well as others.  But I have never told anyone they arent ALLOWED to speak their mind.

And dont come back insulting me with this "honey" and "sweetie" venomous bullshit.  I am neither your honey nor your sweetie. YOU have to know that what he posted was unfair and not even in keeping with your lovely attitude about spreading understanding and support.  

If you dont like me, then just lay off me.  I simply felt like with all the shit going down here, it reminded ME, THATS ME ONLY, about what it used to be like in group.  I didnt say I didnt like your favorite movie or your favorite tv channel for crying out loud.  Why dont you post a little poll of your own and ask everyone if they want to boot ME off the board?  Then you could flutter about spreading your love and support unhindered by those of us who dont want to be like frigging sheep?

Can you honestly look back and say that what that person posted anonymously to the new poster was wrong one little bit in view of how things are turning out on this board?  Is it lying to say that we arent just all a bunch of helpful supportive love-bugs?  I defy you to make that judgement.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline ehm

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »
Polish-Jewish here. My Grandpa.
Another one of my best friends is PJ too. She speaks Hebrew beautifully. I'm so sorry about your father. My daughter and I recently lost her father suddenly. Every day is different with the grieving. One day your memories are wonderful, and the next the loss is unbearable all over again. He was the best friend I'd ever had. All we can do is love the life we have right now I've learned.
Morli

Offline ehm

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »
For one thing, people tend to take insults offensively last time I checked. No matter what you say you are not meaning to say: Like this for instance, ? I?m not trying to be an ass-hole, but you?re an idiot.?
  Also, Jonathan does not rant and rave, and he apologized stating:

"Actually it was my "Communist" post that seems to have everyone upset. Let me apologize. I guess my reaction was a little over the top, I did not mean to suggest censorship or denying anyone the ability to express their own opinions. My intention was to suggest that the "Anon"'s comment really didn't belong in this thread and was actually detrimental, considering the nature of the original topic. (see the opening post)That was why I was upset about the reference to posting without consequences. I deleted my original post because it was just adding to fire. And I don't want to be the one hijacking this thread. So for anyone who read my "incendiary" post consider it rescinded. And my apologies to those who took my post to be promoting that there be no free will to dissent here. If we all agreed then there would be nothing to talk about. This is a great forum and I wouldn't want to change anything."

He doesn't post here anymore, and he won't ever again. I haven't hounded you or given you grief, I tried to explain that I thought  you misunderstood him to begin with. I had been here one week when I posted that thread. I did not post looking for a fight. I posted hoping to find someone to relate to me.  Anything I took to personally, that the original anonymous wrote, I let go of, and discarded it as that, and yes, I deleted my original post which stated strong disagreement towards the anon. My  reaction to him was emotional, as was my frame of mind. I?ve admitted that. Your PERSONAL feelings are obviously ones of dislike towards me. I'm not going to let you bully me though. You're right! We don't see eye to eye, that doesn't mean:
"Join the ranks or be crushed."
 By the way, in case you haven't noticed, you are the one attacking, not me.  You started this with us and made it PERSONAL. Why?

You say you?re leaving, that the board has gone to hell, Well? You?re still here I haven?t been pushing you, you?ve been trying to start shit with me ever sense I came on this board. I?m not fighting with you.  This isn?t a bar. ?honey?  
I do have hope, and don't mind being referred to as a star either so thanks.
Why dont you post a little poll of your own and ask everyone if they want to boot ME off the board? Then you could flutter about spreading your love and support unhindered by those of us who dont want to be like frigging sheep?

Because,  not everyone is just like you Carmel,  sorry to disappoint you. Hate me all you need. I?m not the bovine.

Can you honestly look back and say that what that person posted anonymously to the new poster was wrong one little bit in view of how things are turning out on this board? Is it lying to say that we arent just all a bunch of helpful supportive love-bugs? I defy you to make that judgement.

No, you are doing a great job of proving him right.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
my favorite things
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »
Plese stop all the ::crybaby::

Carmel, I get it. I have the same sort of wretching feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever something that might be kind of normal in another context reminds me of the dark weirdness.

I don't think you meant anything unkind by it. But I wouldn't have said it just so because... well, last time I did I think it was on Don's board and I put it something like "OMG, I think I'm going to puke!" and it really wasn't so well recieved.

In hind-sight, I probably should have not said it right at that time. Doesn't mean it's not true. Just that I tend to skip the love raps.

Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-04-08 19:51 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »
Bob, are you talking about the movie, Das Boot, or about a boat house? At any rate, have seen and enjoyed the movie.
   This thread was not intended to be a "love rap" or to haunt anyone with creepy vibes. For the love of cheez whiz! Is there anything wrong with actually attempting to get to know one another? Not everything in life has to somehow relate back to Straight, does it?

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »
"? Not everything in life has to somehow relate back to Straight, does it? "
Well, if you've dealt with it appropriately......
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ehm

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 10:17:00 PM »
Now I'm program? Look, I don't think of everything in life in terms of "Straight." Yes, I was there about two years, but I had already been in another boot-camp for 18 months. Before that I was getting my ass kicked by my dad for the first 12 years. While my mom couldn't have given a rats ass. Then he died, and my mom sent me away. I'm not a fucking "Straightling." I'm a person searching.
 I like the fucking movie, and I sat there, staring out the window first thing this morning thinking, "What things do I like... It is raining today. Rain is nice. And that rain turned into snow. No shit, it is snowing here. So at first you think, this is cheezy, but then you prioritize,  take a bong hit Ginger? what are my most, what are the least. Getting to know you , and your interests. Taking a moment to think about what is good in your life not your ?Straight Life.? It?s starting a topic about something besides bickering. It might be a little gay, but who cares? So are fucking Care Bears, but they are just so frikkin? cute!   I?d call it ?chick stuff? before I?d call it ?Straight like.?   Are we only allowed to talk about  SRI?  (((We are not in Straight anymore))) why do some of you reference it in a blaming or negetive context when you hear something you don?t like?
 I?ve got a hellofa  proposal  Let?s have a Hate Rap. Let?s talk about everything we hate, and nothing else Ever. Wait, doesn't that happen no matter what anyway? Apparently. That sound fun to you Carmel? BTW That?s sarcasm.  
Morli

[ This Message was edited by: Morli on 2003-04-08 19:39 ]

Offline ehm

• View Profile
my favorite things
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »
HWF,
I did not even see your post before I submitted mine. I was struck funny by the love rap remark myself obviously. Hahahahahaha,ha, ha heh... it was hilarious!
Take care.
Morli